Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2011, 21:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Horsley Hills : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
I am planning a trip from Hyderabad to Horsley Hills by road. Wanted to get an update on the road conditions from anyone who has been on that route recently.
Hi Rahul, you can take the hyderabad-Ananthpur-Horsley hills route. Look at the link below.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2314689

Hyderabad-Ananthpur will be a distance of 359kms on Nh7 to bangalore and is a fantastic four lane road. From Ananthapur to Horsley hills would be around 165 kms on 2 lane road and road conditions are reported to good as of january
.look at this google map . This would be the best route to Horsley hills.
Google Maps
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 13:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Guys, how would be the weather in Horsley Hills at this point of time till June/July? What would be the average daytime/night temperatures over there?
Old 17th May 2011, 13:43   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi Rahul, you can take the hyderabad-Ananthpur-Horsley hills route.
Thanks for the update Fordmanchau! My trip has been planned and bookings at Harita Resorts done today! Time to escape the scorching heat of Hyderabad for a few days! I am also planning to visit Talakona water falls which is about 90 kms from Horsley Hills. But being summer, I will first check from a few folks at Horsley Hills whether the falls are worth visiting or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Guys, how would be the weather in Horsley Hills at this point of time till June/July? What would be the average daytime/night temperatures over there?
Check out the link below to know the details about the weather at Horsley Hills. I have already planned a trip there during the next week. A maximum summer temperature of 32 degrees is far better than 42 degrees in Hyderabad!

Horsley, Horsley Hills, Travel Horsley Hills, Horsley Hill Station, Horsley Tours

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 5th August 2011, 14:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

I am planning a trip in early September..
Anybody who has been here recently?
Please let me know how long will it take, assuming normal driving?
I am planning to start at 5 AM from Hyderabad and hope to reach there by 1 PM. Is it a realistic plan?
Old 5th August 2011, 15:08   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I am planning a trip in early September. Anybody who has been here recently? Please let me know how long will it take, assuming normal driving? I am planning to start at 5 AM from Hyderabad and hope to reach there by 1 PM. Is it a realistic plan?
I had been to Horsley Hills in May 2011. Please check out my travelogue for details : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...s-viceroy.html

The first 370 kms are a breeze as you have the excellent NH7 Bangalore Highway. The remaining 150+ kms is a normal highway with lots of railway crossing, curves and 2-3 narrow bridges.

Rahul Waghmare.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 16:19   #21
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the reply.
I went through your travelogue. Great pics and nice description.

Seems like it took you 12 hours for the journey.
So, my estimate of 8 hours looks very optimistic .

If it is indeed 12 hours or so, it basically means 2 days are gone for travelling only. I guess I need to rethink ... is it worth travelling for 2 days and stay for just 1 day at the place?
Old 5th August 2011, 22:00   #22
BHPian

There are 3 main reasons as to why it took me 12 hours to reach Horsley Hills :

- As mentioned on my travelogue : "The stops during our journey were dictated by our 9 month old kiddo! His wish was our command! So we had to stop accordingly for his food and of course the routine change of diapers!"

- The car in which I went there was not a new generation car.

- I was the only one driving.

So if you are going in a new generation car, making lesser stops and sharing the driving bit with someone, covering the journey in 8 to 9 hours is certainly possible.

Horsley Hills is basically a place to escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. I would say 2 days of stay is enough. One day to chill out and the other to indulge in various recreational activities. I would also suggest you to visit certain places that I missed out :

- Talakona water falls, located at 130 kms from Horsley Hills. Worth visiting in monsoons. I could not see them due to reasons mentioned in my travelogue.

- The famous Rishi Valley School near Horsley Hills.

- The famous silk sarees (If Applicable! ) in Madanapalle which is about 20-25 kms from Horsley Hills.

Rahul Waghmare.

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 5th August 2011 at 22:01.
Old 21st May 2018, 14:43   #23

Guys, any idea how the trip to horsley hills from Hyderabad would be like?
I am planning to go to Tirupati - as my Darshan is Planned on Monday, thought of spending the weekend in Horsley Hills and drive the distance to Tirupati by Sunday Night.

Any suggestions or updates on the route and travel can help me.

Itenary:
Sat Morning: 6 AM - start from Home (ECIL)
Sat Evening: Reach Horsely Hills ( Night Stay)
Sun Morning: Sight-seeing (If any) & Drive to Tirupati
Sun Evening: Reach Tirupati

Lone Driver - Honda City, travelling with wife and kiddo( 2 years old)
Old 22nd May 2018, 07:51   #24
BHPian

Hyderabad to Anantapur will not be a problem at all as the Bangalore highway is excellent.

Immediately after Anantapur ends (do not go in to the city) there will be a sharp left turn near Rapthadu where you leave NH44 and join NH42. In case you are going on this route for the first time, suggest to use Google maps to avoid confusion.

From here till Horsley Hills (via Kadiri) is around 160 odd kms. These 160 kms will take a bit of time as the road is narrow compared to NH44 with lots of railway crossings and barricades to slow down vehicles wherever there are sharp bends. In September last year there was some road work going on in between for about 500 metres. Hope that is complete now.

There is a U-turn that you need to take on NH42 about 9 kms before the ghat road to Horsley Hills starts. (Suggest to use Google maps again.)

In terms of site seeing at Horsley Hills, there are some view points, a mini zoo and activities like swimming, rope climbing, archery, quad bikes, etc.

Overall it would be a good place for a break on your way to Tirupati.

Suggest that you book accommodation online in advance as you are traveling on a weekend. Check this link for details.

Have a safe trip!
Old 22nd May 2018, 08:09   #25
Team-BHP Support

I recently was on the Kadiri-Horseley Hills road. Its quite good and a wide 2-lane. But yes there is both local and highway traffic.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2018, 18:34   #26

Re: Hyderabad - Horsley Hills : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Hyderabad to Anantapur will not be a problem at all as the Bangalore highway is excellent.

Immediately after Anantapur ends (do not go in to the city) there will be a sharp left turn near Rapthadu where you leave NH44 and join NH42. In case you are going on this route for the first time, suggest to use Google maps to avoid confusion.

From here till Horsley Hills (via Kadiri) is around 160 odd kms. These 160 kms will take a bit of time as the road is narrow compared to NH44 with lots of railway crossings and barricades to slow down vehicles wherever there are sharp bends. In September last year there was some road work going on in between for about 500 metres. Hope that is complete now.

There is a U-turn that you need to take on NH42 about 9 kms before the ghat road to Horsley Hills starts. (Suggest to use Google maps again.)

In terms of site seeing at Horsley Hills, there are some view points, a mini zoo and activities like swimming, rope climbing, archery, quad bikes, etc.

Overall it would be a good place for a break on your way to Tirupati.

Suggest that you book accommodation online in advance as you are traveling on a weekend. Check this link for details.

Have a safe trip!
thanks for your advise. Looks like i need google maps assistance here. And i will be careful after the Anathapur section of the road ends.
Old 7th September 2022, 05:10   #27
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Horsley Hills : Route Queries

Has anyone been to Horsley Hills from Hyderabad recently? Wanted to know about the road condition of NH 40. Instead of going all the way to Ananthpur on NH 44 and then taking the state highway, the current Google map shows that near Kurnool we can take the NH 40 to Kadapa which seems a better option as it will be a national highway for most of the journey. Any updates on the road condition of NH 40?

Most Viewed