Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 11:57   #1
BHPian

Need a comfortable 12+ seater vehicle for trip to Kanyakumari

Hello Folks,

I am looking for a 12+ seat comfortable vehicle to travel to Kanyakumari/ Rameshwaram/Madurai etc from Bangalore.

We have few 45+ yrs old people and kids of 2 yrs old as well. Considering this, I am looking out for travel options. Please provide me some pointers.

Date of travel will be Nov 14 - 22

As usual will look for places to be visited from our friends here on TBHP.

Thanks
Old 19th October 2010, 20:30   #2
BHPian

12+ people in comfort = TT. No other option.
Old 19th October 2010, 21:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

That Swaraj Mazda vehicle. Look no further.
Old 19th October 2010, 21:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ensure that you get a vehicle which is not only in good condition (insist on the recent service report) and has excellent tyres, but also the driver (+cleaner) does not have drinking/smoking habits.

Try to meet the driver before finalizing the vehicle/driver. Explain them (the owner as well as driver of the vehicle) about your trip schedule in advance, agree with them that you will tip them handsomely if they agree to meet your schedules/timings apart from regular daily allowance etc.

this is essential for successful completion of week long trip with family as well as efficient and effective use of the time/comfort of the vehicle.
Old 19th October 2010, 21:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

I've seen several Tempo Travellers (some called luxury) even with A/C, curtains & what not? They can comfortably accomodate 12+ (1 or 2 more) passengers & suits for your trip.

On the other hand, if you're looking for some extra seats, say upto 15 or 16, then it may not be helpful; you might instead want to take a mini bus. Not sure about BLR, but in Chennai, most mini buses are made out of Tata 608's chassis with custom made body which provides anywhere between 19-24 seaters. Trust me, these are not as comfortable as Tempo Travellers.

Last edited by aargee : 19th October 2010 at 21:13.
Old 19th October 2010, 21:57   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
That Swaraj Mazda vehicle. Look no further.
Any pointers for good travel agencies you know of, for hire?
Please suggest!
Old 19th October 2010, 23:28   #7
BHPian

Ok folks, sort of freezed on the itenary for our trip.

Date
From
To
12th Nov, 2010
Bangalore
Tirchy, Tanjavoor, Rameshwaram (H)
13th 14th Nov, 2010
Rameshwaram
Rameshwaram(H)
15th 16th Nov ,2010
Kanyakumari
Kanyakumari (H)
17th 18th Nov 2010
Aallepy
Aallepy(H)
19th ,20th Nov,2010
Guruvayur

Ooty(H)
21st Nov,2010
Ooty
Mysore
21st Nov,2010
Mysore
Bangalore

We are about 13 Adults and 2 kids.

Please note: We need to be in Rameshwaram on 14th morning at any cost.

Please feel free to help me freeze on the places and others.
Attached Thumbnails
Need a comfortable 12+ seater vehicle for trip to Kanyakumari-trip.jpg  

Old 20th October 2010, 08:34   #8
Team-BHP Support

At what time do you start on 12th? Doing Bangalore-Trichy-Tanjore and reaching Rameshwaram in the evening would be hectic.

Though possible you should start by 2/3AM so as to reach Trichy by 7/8 AM. That is the only way you can finish Tirchy and Tanjore visits before the temples close. In that case you should be able to reach Rameshwaram by evening.
Also in Trichy what you plan to visit? Srirangam, Malai Kottai ? Any other place?

Trichy-Tanjore would take at least one hour. Hence you should plan in such a way that you dont find Tanjore temple closed.

Given the fact that you would be on a TT, you can also catch up on your sleep.
Old 20th October 2010, 08:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Try Sathya Sai travels in Jayanagar, have seen that most of their vehicles are in good condition and they are known to have good drivers too.
Old 20th October 2010, 10:23   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
At what time do you start on 12th? Doing Bangalore-Trichy-Tanjore and reaching Rameshwaram in the evening would be hectic.

Though possible you should start by 2/3AM so as to reach Trichy by 7/8 AM. That is the only way you can finish Tirchy and Tanjore visits before the temples close. In that case you should be able to reach Rameshwaram by evening.
Also in Trichy what you plan to visit? Srirangam, Malai Kottai ? Any other place?

Trichy-Tanjore would take at least one hour. Hence you should plan in such a way that you dont find Tanjore temple closed.

Given the fact that you would be on a TT, you can also catch up on your sleep.
Thanks ampere!,
we intend to start from Bangalore by about 9 or 10 in the evening, plan to reach Tirchy by early morning freshen up and go around Tirchy/Tanjavoor etc.

The places listed on the map though is only the major points. Place to be visited in and around those places are a Question mark yet as this is my/our first trip in TN, except for those normal yelagiri, pondy trips. Who better than TBHP mates can direct to right places
Old 20th October 2010, 10:40   #11
Team-BHP Support

Check on @Harshavarthan's comments (post #9 on the followin thread) on route options between Tanjore to Rameshwaram. He suggested ECR to be much better than the standard Puddukotai-Devipattanam route. He suggested to go via Pattukottai and Thondi.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...nadu-tour.html

Also around Tanjore you have lots temples to visit. Check with others for the same. Starting at night would be ideal, as you would have the whole day to visit Trichy/Tanjore region. (No compromise on sleep as well! )
Old 20th October 2010, 13:08   #12
BHPian

Hi Deepak, how about Tata Winger I heard it more economical than the TT's which mean it would be cheaper that the TT's per Km cost. But I am not sure which would be more comfortable.

One key point is that make sure the seats head rest are high enough so that you can sleep well for a longer distance with more comfort. If the head rest it till your shoulders your neck with start paining in a day or so.
Old 20th October 2010, 13:41   #13
BHPian

@ ranjith, Thanks. I shall check the Winger. Meanwhile I checked with one Travel Agency for a swaraj mazda with AC and 22 seating is 27 Rs per Km. Second he said though his vehicle has All India Permit, we need to pay tax of 7500 for entry in TN and 3600 for Kerala. Is the amount quoted right?
Old 20th October 2010, 14:40   #14
Senior - BHPian

With 13 adults & 2 kids I doubt TT would be a comfortable choice. You are left with only a Swaraj Mazda A/c, though you would have excess seats. The tax would be more compared to the TT because you are taking a higher capacity vehicle
Old 8th November 2010, 22:39   #15
BHPian

I am looking for decent accomodation in the below said places for 14 adults and 2 kids.
A couple requiring a bedroom for themselves, rest everyone are Ok with Adjustments.
1. Kanyakumari
2. Madurai
3. Munnar - heard of entire bunglow/house given for accomodation
4. Kodaikanal - heard of entire bunglow/house given for accomodation

Can someone on priority help me with the above. Kindly PM me the numbers if you do not want to post the numbers. Need to confirm before I start on 12th :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks