Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 14:18   #1
BHPian

Relaxed trip to Goa

Hi Guys,

Note to Mods: Am not sure if I can start this new thread as this topic has been on TBhp, however, the idea behind opening this thread is, to get specific information for the trip planned. If you Mods, thinks this is not necessary, please feel free to delete this.

Friends I have finalized on visiting Goa this holiday season. Here is the itinerary of my trip:

Start Date: 3:00AM on 30th Oct Morning
Return Date: 3rd Nov
People: Kiddo (4yrs), Wifey and Self
Ride: Bolero

Route: Bangalore - Nelamangala - Tumkur - Chitradurga - Davangere - Ranibennur - Haveri - Hubli (Through Bypass) - Yellapur - Ankola - Karwar - Polem - Goa (Courtesy JLN)

Since this is my first time to Goa, Am not sure about places to stay. However, from T-Bhp and other travel portals, I have few places in mind.

Stay:
Hotel Ginger:
Pros: Cheap and the Best
Cons: No pool and spa, Self-service.

Lotus Resort:
Pros: On the beach, decent place to stay, Service available
Cons: Didn't find any.
But no bookings available for the days we are looking for.

I would request someone to recommend a decent yet not so expensive accommodation. As i mentioned below there are many hotels and resorts in the travel portals, but since I dunno much about this place, I don't want to take any chances as I would be traveling with my kid.

Preferences: Should be a decent, should have a pool, Spa, restaurant, should be closer to beaches (preferable North Goa)

Sight Seeing:
1. Interesting places (though i have listed down few places to visit from others TLs)
2. we prefer visiting a secluded beach, any suggestions ?
3. Is it preferable to go sight seeing in my Bolero or is it better to hire a 2-wheeler ?

Apart from this, any other must dos and donts you suggest ?

Also, if anyone who's looking to visit Goa during this time may join us. (strictly Married Couple)

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 19th October 2010, 14:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

A fellow Bhpian from Hyderabad had been to Goa recently.Please go through the below mentioned link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...goanomics.html
Old 19th October 2010, 14:42   #3
BHPian

@Silverwood, I went through his thread and he suggested Osborne hotel. That is also under consideration and took lots of inputs from his TL.
Old 19th October 2010, 14:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

Lazy Lagoon is a good place.2 wheelers are the easiest way to explore Goa,but now with the season having kicked in and charter flights having begun,rates are bound to go up.
Old 19th October 2010, 15:19   #5
BHPian

Hi Ranjit, Thank you for the suggestion, I just spoke to these hotel guys and price seems to be way above my budget. However the place looks neat and the lady in reservation told me that she would give 25% discount. Am still negotiating with her for the best deal.
Old 19th October 2010, 16:14   #6
BANNED

Why not try Palolem. Pretty relaxed atmosphere and superb scene. Safer sea (good for kids).

One of my friends recently visited Palolem (Oct start) and stayed in Palolem Guest House. He gave good feedback about the guest house.
Old 19th October 2010, 16:29   #7
BHPian

ottocycle: called them up, but they are fully booked :(
Old 19th October 2010, 16:40   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

If you didnt like Hotel Osbourne. You can check out Paradise Village Resort. paradise hotel,goa hotels,goa resort,Calangute Beach

Its walking distance from Calangute Beach. I stayed there once and they have a nice pool behind their property facing the beach side.

Its in the same lane of my favorite budget hotel in goa- "Molly's Malone"
Old 20th October 2010, 08:31   #9
BHPian

I once stayed at a place called Plaza de Antonio. Nice big rooms, bedroom, hall, bath, balcony @ 800rs. in november second week!

It has a pool, spa etc. Definitely worth it!

It's about 2-3 KM from Calangute near a white cathedral that splits the road!
Old 20th October 2010, 13:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

2500cc A friend's father owns Big Daddy's Inn at Candolim. It doesn't have a pool, small place with 8 room's. However they also have two 2 bed apt's nearby in a resort, I don't know what your budget is and if this apt will fit in that. I know the season has started and it will be a bit difficult to find a place. But I'm sure you will. Restaurant's and beaches are plenty in N. Goa so even if you get a place that has a lousy restaurant or none whatsoever you will be fine.

It's wiser if you travel in you bolero to check out Goa and also safer. Oh and since you prefer secluded beaches don't bother with calangute, the crowds will get to you. Same with Colva in the south.
Cheers

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 20th October 2010 at 13:18.
Old 20th October 2010, 14:00   #11
BHPian

@mobike and @unocarz, Thank you for the inputs, i'll certainly check the places you mentioned.

@deutscheafrikar: Thank You buddy, I would prefer an accommodation with pool. If you dont mind, please PM me the cost of the resort you mentioned.

Cheers,
Rajesh
Old 20th October 2010, 15:33   #12
BHPian

Toll plazas enroute to Goa

Hi,

I am planning to drive down in my Fiesta to Goa in December with my wife and 1.7 yr old kid. I am taking pointers from the thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...hyderabad.html) for the route

Hyderabad - Homnabad - Gulbarga - Bijapur - Belgaum - Goa

This route seems to be OK looking at the excellent road conditions as mentioned by fellow BHPian @dhruv_star around a year back. Can somebody give some information on the tolls one has to pay for using these roads enroute to Goa?

I not yet booked any accomodation in Goa, I am looking for some good recommendations(budget hotels) in Goa. Any other suggestions/tips will be most welcome.

cheers
Saikat
Old 20th October 2010, 16:17   #13
BHPian

Hey Saikat,

December is peak season, since you have mentioned the budget hotels, i doubt you would get any. From my observation, even the small hotels/guest houses will be in the range for 5k/Day.

-Rajesh

Last edited by 2500cc : 20th October 2010 at 16:20.
Old 20th October 2010, 16:20   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Hey Saikat, wht are your planned days of travel, maybe we can meetup at Goa

-Rajesh
Sure... I am planning to be in Goa around the 20-Dec for a week or so. What are your planned dates as of now?
Old 20th October 2010, 16:43   #15
BHPian

First week of 30th Oct - 3rd Nov and i edited the post you replied to..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks