Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2010, 13:38   #1
BHPian

Voyage Passage Planning APEM(appraisal,Monitoring,execution and monitoring)

sorry! cant help but think like a navigator. was wondering if some pre-planned routes which would be a complete guidane document could be prepared by the adventereous soul's here so it would act as a ready reckoner for people like me! (read lazy!)

making a feeble attempt to set the mood., read on -

The idea to traverse the whole of our beautiful country was sown in my soul after I began to visit the incredible and fascinating places through the eyes of many brave souls who had ventured upon these unforgettable tours and who had the patience to post their travelogues on team-bhp. Sincere and heartfelt thanks to each one of these adventurous souls. All I can state with certainty is that some of you brave and wonderful people are the stuff legends are made of and the rest are legends in their own making. As an Indian I’m sure every Bhpian is as proud of you as anybody could ever be. Each and every single travelogue that has been posted here is a tribute to the wonderful land of ours and reflects the feeling of comradeship flowing through the Bhpian family. It is said – ‘rejoice o young man, rejoice in thy youth … nobody carries his car keys to the next world’.

The plan was to sit down and cover some of the places that have captivated me (eg ADC’s logs) for quite sometime now. After long wakeful nights, and a lot of research (read that as downloading logs of HVK etc) have decided to start off wef 2010 the flwg tours:

(Duration of each of these tours has been estimated at about 20-30 days roughly with lots of rest and lazing around, sight seeing etc and start/finish points are the adorable city of WHY?ZAG! – a mesmerizing mysterious little kingdom where ‘boo-boo’ or ‘kunfu panda’ is prophesied, will reside) – (ok a hint – 171776 kms on the odo - the golden quad drive of the famous five!) - no particular rotation of the said mentioned holy ride circuits. Just want to them in the next 8 years or so.

- Scorpio(n) - Sting’in the Golden Quad - (Embracing Motherland)

The Last Frontier - Unsung Legends - Arunanchal Pradesh

- Eastern moon- The land of the Enchanting Sisters -(NE India) (Assam /Meghalaya/Nagaland/Manipur)

- Nirvana.Historic Gurudwara tour- (Punjab and nearby) (it will be the best gift/way of thanking my better-half who loves me through thick and thin of my unsounded mania with the SUV’ish metallic breed of souls)

- Astounded -The Mountainous mysteries- (Himachal)
-
- Valor - The land of the Gladiators - (Rajasthan)
-
- Silhouette - A tribute to the lonely ..warriors - (Leh/Ladakh)
-
- Beguiling- The land of divination - (Kerala)
-
- Cavort - Tweety Twisted - (Goa/Konkan coast)
-
- Beckon- Reminiscence - (Agra/Corbett etc)
-
- Ominous - Carless n Drifting away - (Andaman Nicobar)
- (..via Kolkata)
-
- Silhouette - The LongShadow - (Kanyakumari/Karnataka)
-
- Accolade - The Wanton Spirits - (West Bengal / Sikkim)

Every dream is born a deep chasm, within the recess of the soul and then slowly trickles its way down into a heart. Finally when all of it is inside, the mind wakens and feels fruitlessly in jeopardy. Sad but true. Tragically, most of time the ignorant mind decides to tell us the lie again and again, until we listen to the echo of our sagacious rationale and discard the transcendent dream (it is said – ‘a lie if repeated loud and repeated often enough, turns into an perceptible truth. The bigger the lie, the easy it is to do so’……). Engulfed in frivolity, it is easy for us mortals to believe in this mendacity. Except sometimes, just sometimes, when the blood flowing through our veins quickens its pace and we feel, just feel that this dream is worth dying for.

Truth then dawns on us and we realize that anything worth dying for is more than worth living for. It’s only at moments like this we really come out alive and live life as we were meant to live – to the fullest. Most of one’s memorable moments in life are the one’s which if truly analyzed, make no sense or, put bluntly, come close to being classified as nonsense. As they say – ‘o thy man, feel the zephyr,if only to keep the power, the power to, feel, alive!’.

So there I stand with my newborn dreams. More reason I will be indebted to my maker for. I’m a Taurean, and bulls are so full of serenity. I can wait unwearyingly. Oh and did I mention that my stallion shared a secret with me a few months back. She did confide in me that while I was napping in her soothing lap one day, she had whispered these drive holiday thoughts to me. She also confessed to a long holiday where she can swallow roads to her heart’s content. She’s a Scorpio (n) – crde 2.6 – mist silver. The fact of the matter is, I believe her. Why? – haven’t you heard the old jungle say’in – ‘ o young man, a scorpion befriended in thy youth is a friend who remains so for seven births, but hurt one in thy youth and the debt will be long, painful and devoid of mercy – because, to the viciously, gorgeous, unforgiving and perilous predator – nothing else will do’.

A wise old sage once said - ' a sstart no matter how bad is still a start'. i agree, yes i wagree with all my heart.

rough planned log of arunanchal drive Copy of arunanchel pradesh.xls

Last edited by Jaggu : 23rd October 2010 at 15:36. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors, also use Preview before Submitting post. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks