Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2012, 13:08   #16
BHPian

Re: Follow Your Dreams Or Kill Them ?

Way to go! Proves the man, the machine and the mettle of both!

Do share your experiences, photos and observations on car & driving!
Old 24th August 2012, 17:37   #17
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th August 2012 at 14:01.
Off Roadie is offline   Received Infraction
Old 24th August 2012, 18:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Maybe this trip might take years to happen but the want to make it happen is so immense that it's half the job
done anyway.
humyum, I cam across this post while browsing the forum. Seems like you have not updated anything here for a long time. Well, I am writing to let you know your dreams and mine are very similar, just separated by two years.

I did my Masters in Automotive at Loughborough and now live in Coventry. I spent a whole year in UK going around on foot and public transport dreaming of owning a car. I have never driven around in India before except on few occasional chauffeur duties for drunk friends!! I got a job and the dream to finally own a car started turning into an itch, got myself a Honda Civic. The process of choosing a regular hatch over a roadster was the most traumatic experience ever, the realisation that even when you can afford a S2000, you have to buy a regular car because there are other "important" things to take care of with that money. I am having a great time behind the wheel, slowly getting confident on the road, but fulfilling one distant dream always leads to another. I want to drive from London to Mumbai, might sound insane and amateurish coming from a guy who has done around 3k miles in his entire life. But that's something I want to do, the biggest hindrance as you pointed out being the financial aspect. I am not sure if I will ever realise this dream, but I will keep working towards it, maybe some day I will post my travelogue on Team-BHP

It will be great to hear what happened with your dream, if its already on T-BHP, please share the link.
Old 24th August 2012, 18:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, I hope you have lots of pics and a good old log to share
What is next in your itinerary?
Old 26th August 2012, 17:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.sundaram View Post
Way to go! Proves the man, the machine and the mettle of both!

Do share your experiences, photos and observations on car & driving!

Thanks Babu . Machine, honestly its not the best choice for a trip like this with 4 guys and their luggage in it . Our car had the least ground clearance and if we had driven faster then the vehicle would have fallen apart . But yes there can be worse choices.
I want to upload pics and some text on the whole experience . Just landed yesterday , need to start working on it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgupta View Post

I want to drive from London to Mumbai, might sound insane and amateurish coming from a guy who has done around 3k miles in his entire life. But that's something I want to do, the biggest hindrance as you pointed out being the financial aspect. I am not sure if I will ever realise this dream, but I will keep working towards it, maybe some day I will post my travelogue on Team-BHP

It will be great to hear what happened with your dream, if its already on T-BHP, please share the link.
Good luck with your dreams . Me and my 3 other friends did something known as Mongol Rally . Im sure you would have heard of it . We drove in a Nissan Micra from London to Mongolia .
https://www.facebook.com/CharityDriveLondonToMongolia .
You can see more details on that FB page

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Congrats, I hope you have lots of pics and a good old log to share
What is next in your itinerary?
Thank you Selfdrive , yea there are lot of pics and a lot of memories back of my mind and some notes . The shear volume is the problem now . Need to get all the pics sorted according to countries and then start a new log .

Last edited by GTO : 27th August 2012 at 14:02. Reason: Quoted post deleted
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks