Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:46   #31
BHPian

Re: Rajasthan Trip Pune - Ahmedabad -Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Ahmedabad - Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
You can go ahead if in Car. Avoid nights.
Thanks. Anything else to keep in mind or any suggestions?
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911er View Post
Thanks. Anything else to keep in mind or any suggestions?
Nothing special to do. The roads are good. But you wont find many restaurants in that stretch once you come out of the town area. So plan your food breaks accordingly. It is a nice drive in an AC car .
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:35   #33
BHPian

If you are interested, than you can visit Munabao, The last railway station on Indian Side for Thar Express which runs once a week between Jodhpur and Karachi. There is International Border as well, where you can see the gates of India, Pakistan and Zero Point Railway Station located in Pakistan.

For Munabao, you will have to take a detour from Barmer. The route is absolutely fantastic with minimum traffic.
From Munabao, you can directly connect to Jaisalmer. The route is absolutely fantastic with Zero Traffic.
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinitdas View Post
Nothing special to do. The roads are good. But you wont find many restaurants in that stretch once you come out of the town area. So plan your food breaks accordingly. It is a nice drive in an AC car .
Thanks for all the help. Appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nndp87 View Post
If you are interested, than you can visit Munabao, The last railway station on Indian Side for Thar Express which runs once a week between Jodhpur and Karachi. There is International Border as well, where you can see the gates of India, Pakistan and Zero Point Railway Station located in Pakistan.

For Munabao, you will have to take a detour from Barmer. The route is absolutely fantastic with minimum traffic.
From Munabao, you can directly connect to Jaisalmer. The route is absolutely fantastic with Zero Traffic.
Thank you, I would love to see this. I will be heading to Bikaner from Jaisalmer, would appreciate any other recommendations if you have.
Old 22nd June 2018, 04:37   #35
BHPian

Planning a trip this weekend from Mumbai to Jodhpur with a preferred overnight stopover inside Rajasthan.

Please suggest on what's the best time/route to leave from Mumbai(Goregaon(W)) this saturday to exit Gujarat by evening, eateries on the way and any sight seeing options on the drive to Jodhpur. The trip would be comprised of 3 families and kids traveling in as many vehicles. The return would be on early hours of thursday to Mumbai from Jodhpur.

Any decent/budget accommodation options inside Rajasthan, which should be closer to highway OR on the highway as the next morning, will leave for Jodhpur.

The Jodhpur accommodation is courtesy, one of the accompanying families timeshare at Club Mahindra. Any good lunch/dinner options which is NOT to be missed and all the must see sights in and around Jodhpur, as we stay here for 3 days.

Please advise!
Old 13th October 2020, 22:30   #36
BHPian

Hello Team,

I need to drive to Jodhpur from Pune to pick up my Senior Citizen parents. I will be driving solo and intend to do this stretch over 2 days and with no driving at night, strictly. I have done this stretch a couple of times however that was pre-covid & along with my better half. I have a couple of questions/concerns. Any pointers would be of great help.

1. Good place to stay, after crossing Ahmedabad. - Safe, sanitized & with safe parking?
2. How to manage food? Packed food wont last for 2 days.
3. Car is now 7 years old & 55K driven, solely driven by me. Tyres & Battery changed last year. Anything to be worried about or to be checked?
4. I can drive over weekdays or weekend. Which of this would be better in terms of traffic, safety etc.
5. Any specific points to consider keeping in mind that I will have my senior citizen parents while driving back.

Thanks.
A
Old 29th November 2020, 21:55   #37
BHPian

Could someone please update on the following route options from Ahmedabad - Jaisalmer.

1- Ahmedabad-Palanpur-Deesa-Dhanera—Sanchore-Barmer-Jaisalmer

2- Ahmedabad-Palanpur-Deesa-Tharad-Sanchore-Barmer-Jaisalmer

Will be travelling during the day. Friends here suggesting to avoid night travel.

Need places to eat and good COCO pumps en route.

Last edited by adi58 : 29th November 2020 at 22:06.
adi58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 13:16   #38

Wanderlust Diaries - Pune to Rajasthan - in Dec 23

Mod note: Post moved and please use Search and continue on an existing thread before opening a new one. Thanks.

Dear TeamBHP-ians
I am contemplating a roadtrip from Pune to Rajasthan sometime in December of this year. I plan to use my own vehicle - a 2020 Innova Crysta V with barely 16K on ODO. I will be accompanied by 2 other friends, both of whom are experienced drivers. The trip will be no more than 11 days/ 10 nights being back on the 11th day. The goal of the roadtrip is - 1. know our own country firsthand 2. See the grandeur of Rajasthan Marwar along with north western Rajasthan with the untapped beauty of Thar desert 3. Maintain a flexible schedule and also explore unplanned stays in the route - camping / cooking / nature stay 4. come back as an enriched citizen with a very exciting story to tell to inspire similar intent in others.

The places I plan to cover are as below:
Udaipur, Ranakpur, Kumbhalgarh, Jodhpur, Khimsar, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Longewala, Tanot Mata Mandir, Kuldhara

The itinerary that I have put together
Route [Need your inputs]:
Pune -> Udaipur -> Ranakpur -> Kumbhalgarh -> Jodhpur -> Bikaner -> Jaisalmer -> longewala -> Tanot -> Jaisalmer -> Kuldhara -> Barmer -> Ahemdabad -> Pune

Proposed Itinerary [Need your inputs]:
Day 1 - Pune to Udaipur (Long Drive - but 3 drivers are there)
Day 2 - Stay in Udaipur / Sightseeing
Day 3 - Depart Udaipur for Kumbhalgarh - Fort Visit @ daytime - Light & Sound Show @ evening; stay in Kumbhalgarh
Day 4 - Depart Kumabhalgarh for Jodhpur and visit Ranakpur on the way; Reach Jodhpur in the evening and spend the evening doing local sightseeing; Stay in Jodhpur
Day 5 - Stay in Jodhpur / Sightseeing
Day 6 - Depart Jodhpur for Bikaner visiting Khimsar on the way; Reach Bikaner late noon; Sight seeing & stay in Bikaner
Day 7 - Depart Bikaner post sightseeing till noon, destination is Jaisalmer via Pokhran and Ramdewra; Reach late evening and stay in Jaisalmer
Day 8 - Stay in Jaisalmer and visit Longewala, Tanot, back to Jaisalmer and do Desert Safari & Sunset in the evening
Day 9 - Stay in Jaisalmer and local Sightseeing - forts and other key tourist destinations
Day 10 - Depart Jaisalmer for Ahmedabad and visit Kuldhara and Barmer on the way
Day 11 - Depart Ahmedabad and reach Pune by early evening

Help Needed from the forum -
1. Advise on the Route & Itinerary
2. Advise on Stay Options in the locations
3. Advise on locations where we can pitch our own tents for nature stay (would not prefer stays like Sam Sand Dunes and other pre-made tent stays)

I am looking forward to your inputs and advice.

Thanks
Soumen
We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th June 2023 at 18:26.
soumenbanerjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 12:42   #39
BHPian

Advice Needed for Rajasthan Trip : Pune - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Pune

Hello BHPians: Planning to do a family road trip from Pune - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Pune during Diwali vacation (November). We will be 3 people with luggage required for the 8 days. I will be the primary driver with my better half jumping in between.

I have thought of below plan. Does anyone see any obvious challenges in this plan / itinerary ? Does any of the below attractions require us to be present at peculiar times (i.e. some attractions being closed on certain days, etc.)?

Google maps route: https://goo.gl/maps/paGbpPNRVPwDwnvv9

Day 1: Start from Pune around 4:30am. Drive through expressway, Mumbai - Agra highway, NE1 and reach Ahmedabad Ring Road for overnight stay
Day 2: Leave early morning from Ahmedabad Ring Road for Jaisalmer via Palanpur, Deesa, Barmer. Arrive at Desert Camp at Sam Jaisalmer.
Evening relaxing with Sunset watching (if we reach there in time!)
Day 3 & 4 : Jaisalmer sightseeing: Fort, Havelis, Bada Bagh, Gadisar Lake
Tanot Mata Temple, Longewala War Memorial, Jeep Safari at Sand Dunes OR Desert National Park
Day 5: Drive to Jodhpur via Jaisalmer, Pokhran and Dechu. Visit Ummaid Bhavan Palace, Museum in the evening
Day 6 & 7: Jodhpur sightseeing Mehrangarh Fort, Toorji Ka Jhalra, Desert Rock Park, Walking Tour, Jaswant Thada.
Shopping & Food
Day 8: Drive to Ahmedabad via Pali - Sirohi - Abu Road - Ambaji - Himmatnagar - (alternate route from Abu Road - Palanpur - Mehsana - Kalol) . Stay overnight at Outer Ring Road
Day 9: Reach Pune by evening via NE1, Bharuch bypass, Ghodbundar Road, Pune Expressway

Request advice from route experts on : Food joints on the highway (especially in Rajasthan), good petrol pumps along the route (my car likes XP95 hence IOCL, and/or COCO preferred)!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks