Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 16:14   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore: Route from Forum mall to Airport

Stick to route 2.

Don't even think of the ORR option; chances are your friend will ask you to pay for the flight rescheduling!

Similarly, don't even think of the NICE rd option; the exit of NICE rd/NH4 into the city is terrible because of the metro work. The traffic jam is endless there.

I feel 2-2.5 hours is a realistic travel time from Banerghetta rd to Airport.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 16:52   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Stick to route 2.

Don't even think of the ORR option; chances are your friend will ask you to pay for the flight rescheduling!

Similarly, don't even think of the NICE rd option; the exit of NICE rd/NH4 into the city is terrible because of the metro work. The traffic jam is endless there.

I feel 2-2.5 hours is a realistic travel time from Banerghetta rd to Airport.
I do Bannerghatta Road (NICE) to Vidyaranyapura every alternate day and I admit that the Exit of NICE and subsequently getting onto the tolled section of NH4 is simple and fast.

After this, constant speeds all the way till one gets down from the elevated section at Goreguntepalya and I guess this is the Jam you are referring to. Again, taking the ORR towards Hebbal from here has Railway crossing and if closed can eat up 30-45 minutes easily in peak time due to the narrow stretch.

I agree that the jams were terrible just a month before since this stretch allowed almost a single vehicle to pass underneath a Metro pillar/construction ramp. Since the past 2 weeks, this is much better. Moreover, Metro construction is all the way till Yeshwantpur Station.

So, one can still take NICE Road BUT AVOID the elevated section and deviate off NH4 and take the route via Jalahalli Cross-Vidyaranyapura-Yelahanka to reach the Ariport.
Old 10th January 2012, 18:27   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Meenakshi temple > dairy circle > Hosur road (joins near Mico) > St marks road > MG road > Sankey road > Bellary road
PS: Sorry, noticed you have this route already. I would suggest this route.
Thanks Guna
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Stick to Route2 because:
During that time of morning, at least the road witnesses less traffic from MG Road all the way till Hebbal Flyover and after which you will just have to pass the rest of the signals till Airport.
Thanks a lot for your inputs on Route 3, I was thinking to take Route3 because I was totally not aware about the ORR traffic issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Stick to route 2.
Thanks libranof1987, for now I am sticking to Route2 and the second option is the one mentioned by paragsachania, Route3 but through Jallahalli Cross- Vidyaranyapura-Yelehanka-New Airport Road.
Old 11th January 2012, 15:22   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I took route2 and the travel time to reach the airport was exactly 2hrs 30mins . Total Kms from my apartment to airport drop off area was 48Kms. The pain point was the Bannerghatta Road stretch. It took 1hr to reach Reliance Mart(Arekere Junction). Not sure what was the cause for the traffic because after Reliance Mart, I took a left to JP Nager and joined Bannerghatta Road again after Mandovi Circle. After this point the traffic was smooth.

Here is the route, Meenakshi Temple - Diary Circle - Hosur Raod - Museum Rd - MG Road - Queens Rd - Rajbhavan Rd - Sanky Road - Hebal - and then St to Airport

While returning I got series of green lights and hence it took only 1hr and 10mins till Diary Circle.
Old 31st May 2012, 18:16   #20
BHPian

Folks, I need to drive to Airport from Bellandur tomorrow pick up my family. Need to reach there by 5pm. I was thinking of taking the Hennur-Bagalur road to bye pass the Hebbal fly over and some signals. Is it worth taking this route? Also could someone give me the exact turn offs from the ORR, and then from the Bagalur road towards Airport.

Thanks,
Bejoy
Old 31st May 2012, 18:20   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy
Folks, I need to drive to Airport from Bellandur tomorrow pick up my family. Need to reach there by 5pm. I was thinking of taking the Hennur-Bagalur road to bye pass the Hebbal fly over and some signals. Is it worth taking this route? Also could someone give me the exact turn offs from the ORR, and then from the Bagalur road towards Airport.

Thanks,
Bejoy
If you leave Bellandur at 330pm and simply use the ORR all the way you will get there by 5pm. Suggest you do your route experimentation when you dont have a deadline to meet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks