Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2010, 10:10   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Madanapalli

Hi All,

I need to be in Madanapalli (Andhrapradesh) tomorrow to attend friends reception, can someone let me know which would be the best route to consider.

Currently my plan is

BLR - Chintamani - Mpalli

Iam not sure about the road condition though and seek your advice.

Plan is leave BLR by 3:30 PM and return from Mpalli anytime between 10 - 00 AM

Thanks in advance.

Raghu
Old 17th November 2010, 11:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Hi All,

I need to be in Madanapalli (Andhrapradesh) tomorrow to attend friends reception, can someone let me know which would be the best route to consider.

Currently my plan is

BLR - Chintamani - Mpalli

Iam not sure about the road condition though and seek your advice.

Plan is leave BLR by 3:30 PM and return from Mpalli anytime between 10 - 00 AM

Thanks in advance.

Raghu
The route you have mentioned is straightforward and good. Where are you starting from in Bangalore? If you are taking the Old Madras Road till Hoskote, take the Hoskote-Chintamani road. This road goes straight to Chintamani (literally straight). Just before Chintamani, you will see another road deviating towards the right. This is the Chintamani bypass. Take this road to reach Madanapalli. This route was good a couple of months back. Watch out for humps in villages and the occasional pothole.

Another option if you are starting from North Bangalore. You can take the Devanahalli-Vijayapura-Jangamakote-H Cross-Chintamani-Madanapalli. This route joins the Hoskote-Chintamani road at H Cross. This route is also good.
Old 17th November 2010, 22:31   #3
BHPian

Addy's spot on. Did 1.5 months back, and just the odd potholes. The route is reasonably green and at decent pace, should be enjoyable. Being a median-less road, watch out for speedsters and some crazy bikers heading in your direction.

Remember to take the left after Hoskote town ( stick to the left as it's a bit confusing there right now ). Cratery road at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
The route you have mentioned is straightforward and good. Where are you starting from in Bangalore? If you are taking the Old Madras Road till Hoskote, take the Hoskote-Chintamani road. This road goes straight to Chintamani (literally straight). Just before Chintamani, you will see another road deviating towards the right. This is the Chintamani bypass. Take this road to reach Madanapalli. This route was good a couple of months back. Watch out for humps in villages and the occasional pothole.

Another option if you are starting from North Bangalore. You can take the Devanahalli-Vijayapura-Jangamakote-H Cross-Chintamani-Madanapalli. This route joins the Hoskote-Chintamani road at H Cross. This route is also good.
Old 18th November 2010, 07:10   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Addy's spot on. Did 1.5 months back, and just the odd potholes. The route is reasonably green and at decent pace, should be enjoyable. Being a median-less road, watch out for speedsters and some crazy bikers heading in your direction.

Remember to take the left after Hoskote town ( stick to the left as it's a bit
confusing there right now ). Cratery road at this point.
Addy I would be starting from HSR,

Thanks guys, I would be sticking to the same route them.
Old 18th November 2010, 07:31   #5
Team-BHP Support

If you are starting from HSR, you can even beat the Whitefield traffic by driving to Sarjapur and taking the NH207 directly which will lead you to Hoskote.

Unknown road to SH 82 - Google Maps

But since that involves crossing Sarjapur on a horrible mud terrain, you can take the Varthur road (SH35 per GM) from Domsandra and drive till hope farm junction. Take right driving till the Y, which again connects you NH207.

Over all distance wise the second option is much better.
Old 18th November 2010, 10:05   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you are starting from HSR, you can even beat the Whitefield traffic by driving to Sarjapur and taking the NH207 directly which will lead you to Hoskote.

But since that involves crossing Sarjapur on a horrible mud terrain, you can take the Varthur road (SH35 per GM) from Domsandra and drive till hope farm junction. Take right driving till the Y, which again connects you NH207.

Over all distance wise the second option is much better.
I need to pick my friends from ORR and KR Puram else would have loved to try these routes.
Old 17th August 2011, 15:49   #7
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Madanapalli

Hi Guys
I had been to Madanapalli last wekend. I started here at 8:30 PM on friday, took the varthur - Hoskote road. have to be bit careful till we cross the railway gate as the road is under construction. we had a brief stop at H-Cross and had our dinner at Akshaya mess, the food was amazing, parota was so soft and no traces of oil at all.

Parota with chicken curry was the best combination that we tried here, 2 plates of parota and chicken curry for just RS 70 is reasonable for the good taste.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Madanapalli-dscn1765.jpg  

Bangalore to Madanapalli-dscn1766.jpg  

Bangalore to Madanapalli-dscn1768.jpg  

Bangalore to Madanapalli-dscn1778.jpg  

Old 17th August 2011, 18:29   #8
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore to Madanapalli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalsaCorp View Post
Hi Guys
I had been to Madanapalli last wekend. I started here at 8:30 PM on friday, took the varthur - Hoskote road. have to be bit careful till we cross the railway gate as the road is under construction. we had a brief stop at H-Cross and had our dinner at Akshaya mess, the food was amazing, parota was so soft and no traces of oil at all.
Which is the Varthur-Hoskote Road? Are you referring to NH207?
I am aware of one railway crossing on that road.
If not, which is the one you were referring to?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks