Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2010, 14:04   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore,Subramanya,Dharmasthala,Horanadu,Sringer i,Kollur,Murudeshwar,Udipi,Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
you sure about it? few months back when i had been there they had opened around 4:30? not sure if the time is fixed??
Yep, pretty much sure about this. In this december month I had been there TWICE.
Once I went @ 1.40pm, It was closed & next time I went at 3.15pm, it was closed too.
So had to wait till 3.30PM to open
Old 29th December 2010, 14:27   #32
BHPian

Re: Bangalore,Subramanya,Dharmasthala,Horanadu,Sringer i,Kollur,Murudeshwar,Udipi,Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
No. Kukke Subramanya temple is closed from 1.30pm - 3.30pm. So opens by 3.30pm

Yes sometimes in Dharmasthala, devotees queue will be quite long, particularly in the month of Dec,Jan because of holidays and also Shabarimala devotees who visit the temple in large numbers.
Yes, we found a lot of Ayyappaswamis, in most of the temples we visited. Also lot of school children on their school excursions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
you sure about it? few months back when i had been there they had opened around 4:30? not sure if the time is fixed??
sushrutha is right. Subramanya temple closes from 1.30PM - 3.30PM.
Old 18th May 2011, 13:32   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
The last time I travelled, the Nagara Kollur stretch wasn't in great shape, and am not sure about Tirthahalli-Nagara road either since I've never travelled that way.

I think you'll find better roads if you go to Agumbe, descend the ghats there and take the right turn at Someshwar (at the bottom of the ghats) to go to Kollur via Haladi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I had asked same question some time back related the roads via Nagar. Responses were, that it was not worth taking that route.

Better route:
Sringeri-Koppa-Agumbe-Someshwar-Haladi-Vandse-Kollur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyb View Post
Yes, this route has good roads and scenic. Ghat road is narrow but good.
Just back from my trip. Travelogue will follow.
Hi, Looking for an update on the above. I will be going from Kollur to Sringeri on 27th (and onwards to Udupi). Between the two options
1. Route via Nagara, Thirthahalli, Koppa (SH52 and NH13 combination)
2. Route via Vandse/Haladi/Someshwara/aGUMBE.
Any advise on the road conditions - how one compares to the other.

Additionally as I read in some posts, that the route via Agumbe has 8 kms of mountain roads (16 hair pin bends). How would the route via Nagara/Koppa compare in that aspect ?

How many hours of driving should I consider for Kollur to Sringeri ?

Travelling with family, parents and small kid.
Old 18th May 2011, 15:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godeepdive View Post
Hi, Looking for an update on the above. I will be going from Kollur to Sringeri on 27th (and onwards to Udupi). Between the two options
1. Route via Nagara, Thirthahalli, Koppa (SH52 and NH13 combination)
NH13 Thirthalli & sringeri is in good shape. But Not sure if SH52 is also in good shape. Last I heard it isn't. At least between Nagara and Thirthalli.
Quote:
2. Route via Vandse/Haladi/Someshwara/aGUMBE.
Any advise on the road conditions - how one compares to the other.
When Compared to Route 1: This route is good all the way. Between Someshwara and Halady there is a rough patch (immedieatly after Someshwara) around 4~6 km. This road being repaired. If you want to avoid this, try taking route via Hebri after Halady.

Quote:
Additionally as I read in some posts, that the route via Agumbe has 8 kms of mountain roads (16 hair pin bends). How would the route via Nagara/Koppa compare in that aspect ?
Yes, there 14 HP bends. First three are in gr8 shape. Rest are in okay shape (most HP are repaired when compared to Jan). I drove Agumbe on last Saturday. This shouldn't be a issue.

Quote:
How many hours of driving should I consider for Kollur to Sringeri ?

Travelling with family, parents and small kid.
Should be possible in 2.5 hrs, but you can keep 3 hours for route 2 (Can't comment on Route 1)! I drove from Thirthahalli to Kundapur in 2 hours, with 5 months baby on board and MIL. Travel from Halady to Agumbe is jiffy!
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 15:44   #35
BHPian

Hi,

A friend of mine is doing BLR-Kukke-Dharmasthala-Udupi-Kollur-Sringeri-Horanadu-BLR. I was able to give him good directions upto Kollur as I've done this route fairly recently. I need the following help on the next stretch:

1. My first question was to be the preferred route b/w Kollur and Sringeri. But the last post by RaghuHolla-sir clearly recos Kollur-Vandse-Haladi-Agumbe-Sringeri. Guess this is clear.

2. Route from Sringeri-Horanadu. The standard one seem to be via SK border, Kudremukh, Kalasa. How are the road conditions? I also had read somewhere in the forum that there is one more route via Balehonnur? Which is the preferred one w.r.t road conditions.

I also need help on stay options in Sringeri and Horanadu/Kalasa.

Thanks.

Prasad

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks