Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2010, 05:50   #1
BANNED

NH13 from chitradurga to hampi

Horrible, it's literally a bone jarring experience. Take it if you want to do off-roading or want to test your cars suspension . It was a nightmare for me and I took 1.5hrs for the last 50 kms.
Old 27th December 2010, 09:37   #2
BHPian

Re: NH13 from chitradurga to hampi

Its not a highway. Its worse than any village roads with potholes the size of ponds, regular traffic jams, slow moving traffic etc., etc., etc.,. Avoid travelling by that road if possible and if not possible take suvs muvs etc and definetly not sedans with low ground clearence and suspension issues.

In fact its one of the longest highways of India and the only highway that connects the central and nothern India to southern India. We need to launch a protest against such pathetic road conditions that too on highways. Its the passanger car users who suffer the most due to such roads and it affects the life of the vehicle, fuel efficiency, increases maintenance costs, increases fatigue, is tirying, increses travel time, safety is an issue and the list goes on and on and on.

So lets start a protest and bring awareness.
Old 27th December 2010, 09:43   #3
Team-BHP Support

Its a well known fact on the Blr-Hampi thread. Hence no one uses this section, but uses the SH from Hiriyur to Bellary and then on to Hospet.
Old 27th December 2010, 09:53   #4
J.Ravi

My top-priority in my trip list: Bangalore-Hampi-Pattadakal-Aihole-Bijapur-Bangalore. But, I have kept this trip in cold storage because of very bad road conditions by whichever route we drive on. The roads in Bellary and surrounding districts have been very badly damaged by the over-loaded trucks of mining companies of powerful politicians. These politicians should be punished by making them travel on these roads by their own cars instead of helicopters.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks