Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 00:17   #1
BHPian

Route suggestions and Road Conditions - Hyderabad to Goa.

Friends,

Need suggestions on route and also comments on the road conditions between Hyderabad and Goa - "planned" to commence in next couple of days.

Parsing various threads in TBHP, most recommended paths are as follows.

1. Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Gulbarga-Jevargi-Sindgi-Bijapur-Jamkhandi-Mudhol-Lokapur-Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Goa(Via Vengurla?)
2. Hyderabad - Mahboobnagar- Raichur- Lingsugur- Hungund- Bagalkot- Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi- Goa

Need details about road conditions from fellow BHPians who has done this path recently.

We would be two families and the ride would be my TATA Safari.

Any suggestion and recommendation for this trip is welcome!

Cheers!!
Sreekanth
Old 15th February 2011, 00:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Route suggestions and Road Conditions - Hyderabad to Goa.

You can check the following thread for some information till others reply

Hyd-Goa Travelogue
Old 15th February 2011, 07:49   #3
BHPian

Agree. Making a circle instead of returning on the same route is what I normally do in my Goa trips.

However, it also depends on which side of Goa you are staying in. If I go to North Goa I take the Amboli route and if it is South Goa I take the Karwar route.
Old 2nd March 2011, 00:50   #4
BHPian

Fellow BHPians,

Back from my Goa Trip, thought it would be useful to post the road conditions for the sake of wider audience.

Took option 2 from my list.

Hyderabad - Jadcherla - Mahboobnagar- Raichur- Lingsugur- Hungund- Bagalkot- Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi- Goa
  • Hyderabad - Jadcherla - The 4 lane Bangalore highway - No comments needed for this strech! - 88Kms
  • Jadcherla - Mahboobnagar - Raichur - SH 13 Not so bad road - Some craters available and are visible at reasonable speeds - 80 Kmph. 1 + 1 hump per town you pass through till Raichur. - 135Kms
  • Enter Karnataka, the road its bliss. They way Karnataka state government maintains roads is commendable. The SH 20/14 from Raichur to Belgaum is excellent. Two lanes but maintained well can do good speeds. Negative point - expect 3 + 3 rumblers per town you pass on this stretch. - 356Kms
  • Belgaum - Amboli (includes Ghat Section) - Sawantwadi - Panjim makes better sense than attempting Londa - Ponda stretch since the latter is abused by dump trucks. Two lanes again but excellent. - 180Kms
Please pack your own food if traveling on the Jadcherla to Belgaum stretch. Very minimal or almost NO eateries enroute - else you would have to detour into the towns to find some - if you are lucky

Would soon post my travelogue.

Cheers!
Sree

MODS : Please close this thread.
KrisSree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2011, 09:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Could you also please post your timings between towns.
Old 2nd March 2011, 10:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sree, that is an interesting route, most have been going via Bijapur.
Any points where one can get confused on the route? Good signage?
Drive lasted morning to evening?
Old 3rd March 2011, 00:09   #7
BHPian

@ Ranjit - Timings are as below. Was taking it easy since was accompanied by my wifey and little kiddo!
  • Hyderabad - Jadcherla - Cant help but to make the needle touch other side! 88Kms - 45 Minutes
  • Jadcherla - Mahboobnagar - Raichur - As mentioned the SH starts from Jadcherla and had to give way to caution - 135Kms - 2 Hrs 30 Minutes (inclusive of 30 Mins breakfast break near Mahboobnagar) - Bump zone - Be cautious
  • Raichur to Belgaum - Excellent roads, can gain momentum here, passes through Lingsugur, Hungund & Bagalkot and many other minnow towns. This stretch is Rumbler zone - 356Kms - 6 Hrs (inclusive of 1hr lunch break - packed food along)
  • Belgaum - Amboli - Sawantwadi - Panjim - Not so bad road, Amboli ghat section is picturesque. 180Kms - 4 Hrs (inclusive of 1hr tea break at Sawantwadi).
@HVK - Seems no one takes these road to Belgaum from Hyderabad for obvious reasons - no good eateries. Road was not bad at all when compared to normal SH standards. No major craters.

Chances of getting confused are NILL if we take session by session and there are no major diversions. Have taken that approach of asking the next big town to locals - No sign boards, but have the good old milestones which at times are in English / Hindi - Majority of times Kannada or Telugu both of which were not useful for me.

Enter Maharastra, the boards are in Marathi and also Indo Arabic numerals give way to Marathi even but the stretch is pretty linear!

Yes, being an unknown road, took it safe not to try any stunts of night driving. Started at 0730IST in the morning and reached Goa at 2100 IST
Old 3rd March 2011, 13:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey thanx,looks like this must be the preferred route from Hyd to Goa now.
Old 11th August 2011, 18:45   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisSree View Post
...Jadcherla - Mahboobnagar - Raichur - SH 13 Not so bad road - Some craters available and are visible at reasonable speeds - 80 Kmph. 1 + 1 hump per town you pass through till Raichur. - 135Kms...
Any reason why you took the SH between Jadcherla and Mahboobnagar? NH 7 goes all the way to Mahaboobnagar.
Old 11th August 2011, 19:13   #10
Team-BHP Support

While looking at this thread and google maps, I got another question.
How easy it is to by-pass Bagalkot?

Shouldn't one get some good eating joints there?

Another positive of this route I realized is that, you can visit Badami/Pattadakal on this way.
So Hyderabad who plan to do to Goa, can also visit this on the way. Not much of a deviation.
Old 11th August 2011, 20:05   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
Any reason why you took the SH between Jadcherla and Mahboobnagar? NH 7 goes all the way to Mahaboobnagar.
Rohit Bhai,

NH7 doesn't go to MBNR. You need to divert from Jadcherla.
Old 15th August 2011, 23:45   #12
BHPian

@ampere - Had never attempted to get into Bagalkot or any other towns - Bypassed them (if possible) and regarding eateries enroute / inside towns are not great owing to the fact of self & family being veggies .

Badami / Pattadakal - Assume we can divert from Hungund - Not sure about the road conditions though.

@Rohit - As Sreemath said, we have the luxury to travel on NH (NH7) only till Jadcherla - Beyond that we are at mercy of the state govt till may be Sawantwadi (NH47) (exception of hop on hop off on to NH13/218) .

Aside,
Had taken this route in June again. Road (SH)conditions have worsened in Karnataka/AP with some good craters on road. Hope the governments - AP/Karnataka repair the roads!

Cheers!
~Sree
KrisSree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:06   #13
BHPian

Had gone from hyderabad to gokarna sometime back.. took the bijapur road.. the road from hyd to bijapur is absolute bliss.. 350 kms 5 hours max (including 30 mins tea break)
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:16   #14
BHPian

Okay, let me explain this neat little route which bypasses both Jadcherla and Mahboobnagar and gets you directly on SH 50 to Raichur.

As you drive from Hyderabad towards Bangalore, you come across an exit for Mahboobnagar. Pay absolutely no heed to it and move on. 8km or so later you come across another exit for Mahboobnagar. This one you should take. Take the right under the flyover and move on. As a reference point, you should see the Eenadu building on your left about 1 km or so in. Continue on this road for about 8km or so. You will come at a traffic junction. There will be a police station on your left. Take the left, and stay on that road. The road will take you to Raichur.

I discovered this route by chance. I missed the first exit .
lucifer1881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 16:01   #15
BHPian

Quote:
let me explain this neat little route which bypasses both Jadcherla and Mahboobnagar and gets you directly on SH 50 to Raichur
You are absolutely right and it will save more than 15-20 minutes because of:
1. You are completely skipping Mahaboobnagar traffic
2. Skipping the railway track which is between Jadcherla and Mahboobnagar(the flyover is under construction since last 1+year)
3. The road between Bhootpur and Mahboobnagar was laid around 4-5 months back and is in good condition (I took it last weekend).

The small village where you need to take diversion from NH7 is called Bhoothpur.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks