Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2011, 08:31   #1
BHPian

NH 206 - NH 48 connectors

Guys, here's a dilemma I always face I prefer to take NH 206 - 207 to reach Hoskote/ KR Puram on all my trips. However a lot of my trips are on the NH 48 and coming all the way back to Nelamangala and then going back up Dobaspet to take the NH 207 is a pain and waste of time. I'm sure quite a few others who have trips on NH 206 but need to be back near Peenya/Yeshwantpur/etc have the same problem.

Just trying to see what are the best connector roads between these 2.

1. Hassan - Tiptur : Via Shantigrama and Dudda. Not sure of the latest condition : the last time I did this I went "Whoa, were's my road?" near Dudda - the road was missing . This was one bad experience

2. Kunigal - Tumkur : Via Hebbur, Gooloor. I tried this stretch yesterday : a lot of stretches were pathetic, but a lot of other stretches were smooth. 36 Kms to Tumkur via this route, may not do this road again, but atleast a lot better than the previous.

Anyone knows how the road between CR Patna and Arsikere via Gandsi cross is ? Any other roads you take ?
Old 21st February 2011, 09:58   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: NH 206 - NH 48 connectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
2. Kunigal - Tumkur : Via Hebbur, Gooloor. I tried this stretch yesterday : a lot of stretches were pathetic, but a lot of other stretches were smooth. 36 Kms to Tumkur via this route, may not do this road again, but atleast a lot better than the previous.
Is this the one via Sivaganga? If not, then ideal the Sivaganga access to directly lead you below NH4 at Dobbaspet.
Old 26th February 2011, 19:53   #3
BHPian

Thanks, Ampere. Not sure if it was through Shivaganga. Was a bit dark and could notice only Hebboor and Gooloor. How do I get to this road from NH 48 ?

What about the roads out of C R Patna towards NH 206 ?
Old 26th February 2011, 21:18   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
Thanks, Ampere. Not sure if it was through Shivaganga. Was a bit dark and could notice only Hebboor and Gooloor. How do I get to this road from NH 48 ?

What about the roads out of C R Patna towards NH 206 ?
Why I asked was because, the same turning at Dobbaspet from NH4, where 207 starts, is the place where you turn the other way to Sivaganga.

Though I have not gone beyond Sivaganaga, but I can make a guess that it would lead to 48. Here is the snapshot.
Another good thing is that you dont need to hit NH4 at all. Just keep going below it!
NH 206 - NH 48 connectors-gm.jpg

I also noted that this SH is cartographed in MMI but NOT in Satguide.

Most Viewed