Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 17:45   #1
Senior - BHPian

Yercaud: Grand palace or GRT nature trails

Guys

Planning a short trip during last week of march and after browsing through the forum found that these two are the two well maintained resorts.

I am going with family 4 adults(aged couple too) and a toddler so comfort is a must(thats why chose these two)

So let the debate begin

only difference i am seeing is that GRT nature trails is bit more expensive but is that all ?
Old 9th March 2011, 17:51   #2
BHPian

Re: Yercaud: Grand palace or GRT nature trails

Try Shevroys. Comfy place and not too expensive.

Cheers

KD
Old 9th March 2011, 18:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

My experience with Grand Palace 2 years back was pretty bad, exp with the front desk staff, our confirmed booking and then on the quality of rooms and the ongoing construction activity in the night. Off late I have been hearing +ve reviews about this place in our forum. Things would have changed over years, but better to double check. On + ve about this place is the location and the valley view
Old 9th March 2011, 18:10   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
My experience with Grand Palace 2 years back was pretty bad, exp with the front desk staff, our confirmed booking and then on the quality of rooms and the ongoing construction activity in the night. Off late I have been hearing +ve reviews about this place in our forum. Things would have changed over years, but better to double check. On + ve about this place is the location and the valley view
I was there on a new year eve. The experience was average. If you have the money, then GRT any day would be better! Even there location is good.
Old 9th March 2011, 20:30   #5
BHPian

Been to Grand palace couple of yrs back. Other than a wonderful camp fire, the rest of experiece was strictly average.

Yes the view from the place was good
Old 9th March 2011, 22:56   #6
Team-BHP Support

GRT nature trails sky rocca is the better one amongst the two. Slightly costlier but I feel it is worth it.

We had a bad experience at Grand Palace - service was bad and room cleanliness was not upto the mark - had a damp stink no matter how much we complained and how much they tried to spray fresheners.
Old 10th March 2011, 11:02   #7
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to both the guys again. Charge for two rooms per day comes up to about 5500(discounted... as against normal rate of 6700) in Grand palace vs 8000 in GRT.

This being the off season and middle of the week, i expected GRT to give more discounts but the GRT guy could only include free lunch or dinner in the package.

So not sure if GRT is really that worth considering the difference. I am anyway planning to visit the GRT for lunch or dinner so that i can explore both properties.

I did not get any great reviews about the food in Grand palace(they are offering a 15% discount on food and beverages though)
Old 10th March 2011, 11:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

GRT any day.Grand Palace was good during the days when there was no other place!GRT by miles and the location is fantastic on a cliff.Try doing their online booking,they seem to offer lower internet rates.
Old 10th March 2011, 19:47   #9
BHPian

I had been to GRT nature trails/ Sky Rocca last year & had a wonderful time.
Do not have idea about the other one.
Old 10th March 2011, 19:54   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been to grt in 2009. Fantastic location, good food, nice comfy place. Pricey but worth it.
Old 10th March 2011, 20:05   #11
Senior - BHPian

If you have the money go ahead with GRT, Grand Palace is an absolutely pathetic place. Service $ucks to the last penny and their food was a complete disaster. We hardly found any difference between their biriyani and fried rice.

Staff had nothing but more than an I don't give a damn look on their faces.
Old 10th March 2011, 20:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

I am also toying with the idea of doing a Yercaud trip soon. How good is the TTDC here, any idea? (all I need is an insectless bed, hot water, room service).

And how busy is it at this time of year? (I want to avoid the hassle of getting a bank DD etc if the place is usually empty anyway...)
Old 10th March 2011, 20:34   #13
Senior - BHPian

We had dinner at The Lake Forest Hotel and the place looked fabulous - old 19th century theme. Haven't seen the rooms though. This place right opposite to the lake.
Old 10th March 2011, 20:36   #14
BHPian

GRT nature trails is a great place to stay!

Keep an eye on the new block. We were 'upgraded' to a room in the new block. Its very close to the swimming pool. The rooms are good. However, the repeated use of stairs (no lift in this wing) may be a deterrent for few especially the aged couple.

Food is a slight issue. Although it is great, it is expensive. I'd suggest lunch and lake forest. Its cheaper and good enough.
Hope this helps!
Old 10th March 2011, 21:44   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Spoke to both the guys again. Charge for two rooms per day comes up to about 5500(discounted... as against normal rate of 6700) in Grand palace vs 8000 in GRT. ...
Try booking online from the GRT Hotel website. The room rates seem to be cheaper starting from Rs. 4000 for the valley view room to Rs. 6000 for the pent house.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks