Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2006, 14:38   #1
BHPian

new honda city OR ford fiesta

hi everyone

please advice !

should i buy the New honda city i-dsi OR the ford fiesta 1.6 sxi

if possible brief me over the mileage of both the cars.
Old 26th January 2006, 14:53   #2
BHPian

hi everyone

i am very very sorry to put this question up again

please do not get mad at me

it was an accident
Old 26th January 2006, 15:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I think you should go for 1.6 and get abs + ebd with it. It will definately cost you less then NHC idsi and also i think avg of NHC may be better just by 1 kmpl . Though if you do not wiant to wait then go for NHC and if u can wait then think of booking fiesta soon.

Thanks.
Old 26th January 2006, 15:16   #4
BHPian

[SIZE=2]hi [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]thanx abhibh you have been of great help to me[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]thanx very much[/SIZE]
Old 26th January 2006, 21:15   #5
BHPian

HI there

HI there,

I would say NHC compared to Ford Fiesta is better any day. NHC stands first in mileage, performance and drive.

Exterior depends how you rate for both of them, but then interiors of both are uncomparable. They both have their standard features, but then NHC doesnt give you any discount but Ford will give you minimum discount of 40-50k, its yoru choice to make.

All the best for your decision.
Old 26th January 2006, 21:37   #6
BHPian

Ford giving discount on fiesta ? Are you day dreaming
Old 26th January 2006, 21:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

NHC mileage is a bit overhyped. I would say go for Fiesta 1.4. Atleast, if i were you, i would have gone for it. The Fiesta 1.6 compares with the NHC Vtec. So if you are a performance freak, than you can choose b/w the 1.6 and Vtec. For regular city and occasional highway driving, 1.4 and NHC Idsi are sufficient. However, my personal advice would be to take a test drive of the Fiesta TDCi as well. It doesnt sound or behave like a diesel at all.. infact for exclusive city driving i would go for the TDCi over NHC Idsi, provided i am a bit confident about the Ford After sales, which i am presently not.

Answering your question, between Fiesta 1.6 and NHC idsi, the NHC will give better mileage.

Last edited by DCEite : 26th January 2006 at 21:52.
Old 26th January 2006, 22:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Go for Fiesta TDCi. Currently after 1st 1000 Km nice, slow and lightfooted driving i got 21.8 and i have driven it 2230 km and last tank gave me 20.3. So if over all avg is 20 - 21 in city. This time it was a little reved up driving.

Comments from one of my friend who just drove it.

"Man *** is this diesel car or petrol." He was standing out and i was in the car.

The test drive Comment.

"He was driving a stupid lady just came in front he push the break hard. Car stops and engine turns of coz he didnt changed gear. He start the car again and he is confused. Asks me man car is not starting up and i say its allready started and only one thing come out of his mouth omfg."

I mean the car is very very silent if you dont rev it above 3 rpm. Though there are cons too but they are kinda ignorable.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
NHC mileage is a bit overhyped. I would say go for Fiesta 1.4. Atleast, if i were you, i would have gone for it. The Fiesta 1.6 compares with the NHC Vtec. So if you are a performance freak, than you can choose b/w the 1.6 and Vtec. For regular city and occasional highway driving, 1.4 and NHC Idsi are sufficient. However, my personal advice would be to take a test drive of the Fiesta TDCi as well. It doesnt sound or behave like a diesel at all.. infact for exclusive city driving i would go for the TDCi over NHC Idsi, provided i am a bit confident about the Ford After sales, which i am presently not.

Answering your question, between Fiesta 1.6 and NHC idsi, the NHC will give better mileage.
Old 27th January 2006, 03:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

NHC is pretty overhyped and overpriced and under performing car compared to ford.

what NHC has is superb and functional interiors, new age(not really better looks) and an engine that's capable in the city and just about enough for highway drives. Build quality will be marginally better than the fiesta too.

Ford is more powerful, better driving experience(Now certainly I need an ikon here) better FE, better ride and handling, good interiors comparable to the NHC and less price. Ford service in ahmedabad has been very good.

Certainly shows Ford has put in some serious thinking on this one. Go for FORD unless you are obsessed with the word "Japanese"
Old 27th January 2006, 10:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Certainly shows Ford has put in some serious thinking on this one. Go for FORD unless you are obsessed with the word "Japanese"
C'mon now - we are not comparing 'Japanese' vs 'American' over here

We are comparing both cars based on their merits and shortcomings - so lets stick to that.

Quote:
NHC is pretty overhyped and overpriced and under performing car compared to ford.
If that is so, how come it is consistently one of the best selling cars in its segment since its launch.
Hype is something which is created during a cars launch - or during promotions or gimmicks - how many promotions have you seen Honda coming up with?

And Hype is something one cannot sustain for more than 2 years in a value-conscious market like India - and if Honda has been able to do that, kudos to their marketing

Quote:
Ford is more powerful, better driving experience(Now certainly I need an ikon here) better FE, better ride and handling, good interiors comparable to the NHC and less price.
Better driving - yes.
Better FE - NO way, man !!! Get your facts right !!
Better ride and handling - marginally better, and only on highways at high speeds.
Good Interiors - Only on the Sxi, and even there, the fit and finish of NHC is much better.
Less price - surely, that is the only way they can compete with the NHC

Quote:
Ford service in ahmedabad has been very good.
Ford service is really good, even here in Delhi. But, Honda is not bad either.
Though Ford will pinch you with the higher priced spares.
Old 27th January 2006, 11:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_11
hi everyone

please advice !

should i buy the New honda city i-dsi OR the ford fiesta 1.6 sxi

if possible brief me over the mileage of both the cars.
Ashish_11, close your eyes and go for the 1.6 sxi. The NHC IDSI doesn't even begin to compare with it. The only NHC that can come close to it is the NHC VTEC and the only advantage that has over it is the FE (possibly).

In all else, the FIESTA 1.6SXI is WAY BETTER. I've just taken delivery of a 1.6sxi with ABS (Moondust Silver) on Wednesday, man, she's like a DREAM......can update you on the FE once I've done a couple of tanks full but I would say, GO FOR IT (Fiesta)!
Old 27th January 2006, 11:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoboy
but then NHC doesnt give you any discount but Ford will give you minimum discount of 40-50k, its yoru choice to make.

All the best for your decision.
40-50k discount on the Fiesta? Can you please let me know which dealer is offering this (unless you are referring to the 4.5% on financed deal that is available on all cars for most Bank loans)? They are not even giving any teflon coating free of cost on the Fiesta, let alone 40-50. In fact, I was reading in another post that it's the NHC thats started giving discounts including on the VTEC...........
Old 27th January 2006, 12:03   #13
BHPian

The fiesta is definately better. Also, seems quite unlikely about the discount, i asked my local dealer here and he laughed !! guess not then.
Old 27th January 2006, 13:04   #14
snoopy41

Guess the market response to the Fiesta has been very lukewarm,,have hardly seen 3 or so since it was launched,,it is plainly a bland car that should have been launched instead of the ikon in 1999,, today the NHC is in a diff league,,but am biased in favour of Honda anyway,,SORRY

Old 27th January 2006, 15:41   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy41
Guess the market response to the Fiesta has been very lukewarm,,have hardly seen 3 or so since it was launched
That has nothing to do with the lukewarm response and everything to do with the demand. Dealers who were initially talking 3 week deliveries have been cautioned by the company to commit 6 to 8 weeks now especially with the ABS cars. I had to wait almost a month & a half, same as Abhibh to get one. I would have still been waiting had I stuck to the color I'd originally booked (Panther Black). Silver. of course looks better now that I see it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks