Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2006, 20:51   #16

[SIZE=2]pretty confusing... :([/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]whats wrong with the Marina?. Seems to be the biggest terms of interior space...[/SIZE][SIZE=2]and I hope tata's do build safe cars...? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]And is tata marina same as indigo marina?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
Old 27th January 2006, 21:50   #17
BHPian

Tell u what.. Go take a ride in the new Corsa.

its got what you are looking for.
1. Sturdy - believe me.. i took a hit on my right rear door at a 60kmph and all i got was a paint scratch.
2. Very Good suspension

It will fit well within your budget and the car is quiet okay. Back seat ride is also good.

The only issue is the car is quiet low.. so see if your parents will be comfortable.

Need any help, msg me, i can get u the number of GM regional sales manager in chennai.
Old 27th January 2006, 22:42   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarpn
pretty confusing... :(
whats wrong with the Marina?. Seems to be the biggest terms of interior space...and I hope tata's do build safe cars...?
And is tata marina same as indigo marina?
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Indigo or the Indigo Marina. You can't go wrong with either of them in their diesel or petrol versions. Both provide lots of interior space, excellent seating comfort, good ride and ease of entry & exit. Expect around 9-10 kmpl in the city (14-15 highway) for the petrol versions with the A/C running all the time. The diesels will give you better economy.

They are safe cars and while some may moan about build quality, its not as bad as its made out to be. Only, don't expect folks in this forum to go "Wow - what's the 1/4 mile timing?"

The Tata Marina is the same as the Tata Indigo Marina.
Old 29th January 2006, 00:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

I second GTO.If u can wait for the Indigo XL ,well and good since its got ENORMOUS legspace at the rear and ur parents will fel pampered.If not, get a Indigo LX or SX. One of the best rear seats around.

Quote:
Tell u what.. Go take a ride in the new Corsa.
Oh yeah, after discontinuing the model in february
Old 29th January 2006, 00:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Chevy AVEO 1.4 hatch is another option when it becomes available in a few months.
Old 29th January 2006, 01:09   #21
BANNED

Please try this... Call for a test drive of a Santro and a Wagon-R to your parents place and ask your parents to sit in the car and get out of the car a few times... After this, try all other cars. Once you try what I've suggested, you will know why I ask you to do this.

NOTE! Ask MotorMom and she will say for older people these two cars even beat the Camry and Accord as far as ingress and egress goes. Our parents bodies are different from ours and we should be sensitive to that. Best of luck and I hope you get the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks