Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2006, 00:31   #1
BHPian

Esteem Vxi or Accent GLE

I have an option to go in for either a fully loaded esteem vxi or the base version accent gle. Now budget is max 5 to 5.5L. I would be most of the time travelling alone mostly on highways and a little bit in the city. I want a car to perform well in terms of speed, acceleration, fun to drive, fuel efficiency, maintainence, and handling. Could you guys suggest a car among the two???
Old 31st January 2006, 00:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Boss...buy the Baleno !! I know it is not in your shortlist...but you will not regret the decision...it is more spacious then an Accent and still provides stellar performance that an Accent cannot come close to
Old 31st January 2006, 06:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest the Hyundai Accent GLE, is better equipped and has a much better back seat than the Esteem.
Old 31st January 2006, 11:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Out of these two Accent GLE.. Period!
Try and look out for the Ikon 1.6 if u have it at the dealership... i have heard they are selling it at huge discounts.
Old 31st January 2006, 11:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Boss...buy the Baleno !! I know it is not in your shortlist...but you will not regret the decision...it is more spacious then an Accent and still provides stellar performance that an Accent cannot come close to
Totally agree - the base version of the Baleno Lxi, is so much more better than the highest end model of Esteem or the Accent GLE. More space, comfort and performance, and a lot more VFM.
Old 31st January 2006, 12:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
I want a car to perform well in terms of speed, acceleration, fun to drive, fuel efficiency, maintainence, and handling. Could you guys suggest a car among the two???
All these factors point to the Esteem.
The Accent has relatively more space and IMO looks better than the Esteem.

What are the OTR prices you are being quoted for these two ?
As suggested by others, check out the Ikon 1.6, Fiesta 1.4 Exi, Baleno LXi prices too. All these should be at most around 6 L after taking into account discounts (finance + any other).
The Fiesta and Baleno may not come 'fully loaded' but it depends on what accessories you would want in a car to consider it 'fully loaded'. Make a list and see how much it would cost you to fit them later.
Old 31st January 2006, 12:05   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest the Hyundai Accent GLE, is better equipped and has a much better back seat than the Esteem.
And I thought Accent's back seat was the worst in the world. Are u sure that the esteem's backseat is bad? I must check n_aditya's esteem's backseat, then.
Old 31st January 2006, 14:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

If he travels alone on highways, why the hell would he want a comfy back seat?!

That said, no beating the Baleno's back seat. Or anything. In terms of VFM, performance, comfort, ASS, FE, it wins. Spend a little extra, or buy a used one. You won't regret it!
Old 31st January 2006, 15:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Accent GLE for back seat comfort and performance?? Forget... go for the Baleno. Meets every demand of yours.
Old 31st January 2006, 17:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
If he travels alone on highways, why the hell would he want a comfy back seat?!!
bang on mate... no more back seat for me... i just get nervous when someone else is drivin... even if it is my dad....

back to the topic...The esteem is more of a drivers car but is also very comfy in the back... on my return to Chennai this monday, my year old neice was sleepin peacefully in the backseat while i was cruising at 150kmph.... (and is pretty comfy on bad roads too....)

to be honest i did test drive the accent (GVS version) but settled for the esteem... have been a maruti customer for over ten years and have had no issues with after sales service or with the product itself... Somehow to me the accent looks like a family car but the esteem has that sporty look... just appeals to me...

and yeah like everyone has already said... go for the baleno.... i would have if i had the money then... too late now cos i dont wanna sell my esteem either... most of the accessories that come dealer fitted may or may not appeal to all of us....

btw i have a fully loaded limited edition esteem..... had to get a 10cd changer in it cos it only had a kenwood tape player.... fully loaded???

IMO go for a baleno... very good VFM... if it is the base model you have wide choices for accessories and fitments.... lot fo competition so price is not the only deciding factor...

all the best.... fact: maruti has the widest dealer network in the country and has presnece in almost every state.... very mechanic friendly car and can be fixed by any mechanic in any village... no need of an expert.... IMO jap's rule... no korean stuff for me... (no offence meant)

P.S. imagining wot a souped up baleno can do... i guess it's also called vtec killer... am i right v1p3r?
Old 1st February 2006, 02:52   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

go for accent its a good car and also if you could consider a baleno lxi its better car than both the esteem and the accent.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks