Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2011, 22:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987

...Don't rule out some colour citing maintenance issues. I have a habanero red and it still looks pretty despite Gurgaon heat and dust.

Isn't your preference for stock vehicles in contrast with your intent for a tyre upgrade. ...once!
Hey thanks libranof1987 for the prompt response!

Sure, will try the dealer route for leather; if not then Stanley. Agree on the leg room note.

I love the red but my experience with cars is making me choose silver. If it were an slk then it definitely would have been red .

Tyre upgrade within manufacturer allowed options - it's like those allowed missed attendance. I find the stock tyres to be too skinny for such a lovely car so will wait for others to advise.
Old 3rd September 2013, 21:00   #17
BHPian

Re: ANHC SMT or ANHC EMT with Caska HU

I am considering purchasing Honda City V AT model and I've 3 questions:

The car comes with basic music player. I may upgrade the ICE to Caska that offers bluetooth, cd player, GPS, reverse camera, etc.,.

My questions with regards to Caska are:
- With Caska would I also get phone pick-up and hang-up buttons on the steering wheel? If not, how do I pick-up the call? Do I have to access the Caska panel to answer the call?
- Does the reverse camera come with sensors? I mean, would it beep if while backing up I get closer to any object?
- Would installing Caska also upgrade my speakers? If yes, how good are the Caska speakers compared to the stock ones?

Thanks a lot.
Old 13th September 2013, 23:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post

The car comes with basic music player. I may upgrade the ICE to Caska that offers bluetooth, cd player, GPS, reverse camera, etc.,.

- With Caska would I also get phone pick-up and hang-up buttons on the steering wheel? If not, how do I pick-up the call? Do I have to access the Caska panel to answer the call?
- Does the reverse camera come with sensors? I mean, would it beep if while backing up I get closer to any object?
- Would installing Caska also upgrade my speakers? If yes, how good are the Caska speakers compared to the stock ones?

Thanks a lot.
If you already have steering mounted controls on your car, the system is compatible with them. If not you can either have them installed or yes, select the answer option on the screen.
Yes you can have the reverse camera with sensors and a steering direction sensor too
Caska only make the HU not speakers
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 23:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks a lot.
AFAIK, the Honda City does not come with steering mounted call buttons and hence, you cannot pick up/drop a call without touching the screen. So yes, you would have to touch the Caska panel to take any calls.

Since you are keen on getting an advanced HU such as the Caska fitted into your car, why don't you simply get the HU that comes in the AVN variant? I know it will be a little expensive, but you would not have to worry about losing your warranty. The AVN HU would also sit flush in your dashboard, giving it an aesthetically clean look.

Also, is the Honda City V-AT still available in Bangalore? Last I heard, Honda dealers had stopped taking bookings for the automatic variants of the City. If its from the old stock, you might push for more discounts. Who knows, they might thrown in the AVN HU for free.

Last edited by mohitk1993 : 14th September 2013 at 23:07. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.
Old 16th September 2013, 15:59   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alam86 View Post
We are looking to buy a new Honda City and have mostly settled on the SMT, but I still wanted to start this discussion and see what others think.

The price difference between the EMT and SMT models is ~80K. I spoke to a dealer in Pune and he gave me the following approximate costs if I wanted to add a Caska HU along with Speakers and a backup camera:

Caska HU for an EMT, with backup camera: 53K
Speakers [JBLGTO 6086C]: 15K
If you are absoultely bent on getting the Caska HU on the E MT, I suggest you can bargain it down to 45k. Trust me a cash purchase can you get you that price. Caska HU at 45k is also not worth it. Check their US prices. They sell them with a huge markup in India.

Quote:

Thanks a lot.
You could opt for the V MT with AVN. AFAIK Honda now provides Alpine HU's as part of their HU package which should be superior to the Caska ones anyday.
Also the V MT would come with 6 speakers which are pretty functional. I do not think would need to upgrade them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks