Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2011, 06:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying an Ambassador - Some advice please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
Errrr, rajeev, the older models didn't have this problem!
Is it so Yae Jay. Even due to reasons i mentioned any Amby, irrespective of age, would look unattractive if the shape and lines get distorted due to reasons I mentioned. I have seen Ambys which after a major tinkering and painting job necessitated due to corrosion looking like they came out after an accident repair.

Hi Tim, see the Amby, in the pictures of the following thread posted by Amit V8 (Post No 15). That Amby is having the original shape. Try to locate such an Amby. In the same thread the Amby in post no 14 first picture, is in my opinion, not having that shape.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/beyond...dustan-uk.html

It may also be remembered that even Ambys of the same production lot differs in looks shape-wise.

Even a minor distortion to the front fenders can result in a deviation from the original looks with a misplaced bumper and all, which is very difficult to restore to the original shape, even by experienced tinkers. probably due to bad structural supporting and holding points, perhaps.

Last edited by rajeev k : 13th August 2011 at 06:30.
Old 13th August 2011, 10:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefmeister View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy an Amby for the remaining 9 months i'm in Delhi, and have seen the car in the advert below:

Used 2003 Hindustan Motors Ambassador Classic 1800 ISZ AC CNG (S226833) for sale in New Delhi - CarWale

As i'm from the UK I don't really know much about Ambys or indeed the Indian pricing market, so i'm hoping that some of you guys could look at the advert and tell me if it looks OK? Is it a fair price?

I would want the guy to insure it for a year and include that in the price for sure.

Mods - apologies if this is the incorrect forum.

Thanks,

Tim
I could sell you mine for maybe 10-20k more than the price of the Amby in your link, and mine is an Avigo which has a thread on this forum from the day I acquired him.
Old 14th August 2011, 11:25   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman

I could sell you mine for maybe 10-20k more than the price of the Amby in your link, and mine is an Avigo which has a thread on this forum from the day I acquired him.
Do you have a link?

----

Music - I've just read through your post and it is very interesting. Lots of great information and your 'bull' looks very nice and well looked after.

I am in the UK for 2 weeks from today, but I would be very interested in buying your Amby when I return. If you PM me your email address we can talk when I return.

Many thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th August 2011 at 14:51. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Do use the EDIT button to add to your existing post if its within 20-30mins. Thanks.
Old 16th August 2011, 18:37   #19
BHPian

Re: Buying an Amby - Some advice please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I would say the exact opposite. While the engine would last long, the body is prone to corrosion.
I second that! My uncle has a 6-year old amby, the underbelly and side skirts have started corroding. IMO, you should get hold of a trustworthy mechanic and do a complete inspection.
Old 17th August 2011, 17:24   #20

I'm just waiting for Musicmanaman to get back to me - I want his Amby!
Old 17th August 2011, 21:56   #21
BHPian

Have you tried an older gen Amby Tim?
Old 17th August 2011, 22:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Musicmanaman what are you waiting for, make the deal.
In my frank and fair opinion that car is good for keeps. Only downside is it is an Avigo and so do not have the stock Amby look. But it scores on my all important point, 'shapely looks'.
Old 29th August 2011, 09:41   #23

Well Musicmanaman has ignored me and has sold his Amby to a dealer. Real shame.

Anyway, i'm still on the lookout for a good Amby, but i have some questions for you local guys.

1. How do I change the registration of the car? If i buy a car from, say, Kolkata, do i need to get it registered in Gurgaon? Also -does this also apply for a car bought in Delhi?

2. How easy is it to register the car in Gurgaon?

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Not exactly register the car again, but you would have to 'transfer' the ownership from the Kolkata RTO to Gurgaon RTO, which might be a time consuming process. There are a few threads describing transfer of ownership across states. You can find more info there.
honeybee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 13:01   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. How do I change the registration of the car? If i buy a car from, say, Kolkata, do i need to get it registered in Gurgaon?
Also -does this also apply for a car bought in Delhi?
You cannot get a non-Bharat Stage IV (non-Euro IV) vehicle registered in the Delhi-NCR area (200km radius of Delhi city), whether bought new or transferred from another state. Neither can a non-BSIV vehicle be transferred and re-registered within the NCR area (say from Delhi to Gurgaon).
Quote:
Transferring ownership of any car would require documentation like proof of address. Delhi RTOs insist on voter ID cards / passports, but Gurgaon RTO is less strict about it and accepts electricity / BSNL landline phone bills in your name at your address as proof of residence.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 13:09   #26

Wow, okay great stuff thanks. So i guess we would have to buy a newer Amby (any idea what year they became BSIV?) and ideally in Gurgaon, though Delhi would be an option.

As for the registration we have proof of address, FRRO docs and other stuff.

Thanks for the info.
Old 29th August 2011, 23:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. How do I change the registration of the car? If i buy a car from, say, Kolkata, do i need to get it registered in Gurgaon? Also -does this also apply for a car bought in Delhi?
First you need to get a No Objection Certificate from Kolkata RTO and then you need a residence certificate at the place you would like the car to be transferred to. But BSIV norms may be seen as said by SS Traveller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
You cannot get a non-Bharat Stage IV (non-Euro IV) vehicle registered in the Delhi-NCR area (200km radius of Delhi city), whether bought new or transferred from another state. Neither can a non-BSIV vehicle be transferred and re-registered within the NCR area (say from Delhi to Gurgaon).
Then you need to buy a Delhi-NCR registered car.

I thought Musicmann's car would have been an ideal choice for you. Why the deal did not come through can't be even guessed. I even posted in this regard in Musicmann's thread on his car.
Old 29th August 2011, 23:43   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
any idea what year they became BSIV?
...we have proof of address, FRRO docs and other stuff.
BS-IV started in Delhi (and the NCR, i.e. 200 km radius of Delhi) from April 2010. A transfer of ownership of a non-BS-IV vehicle can happen within the same RTO - that is allowed.

Your proof of address - is it for Delhi or Gurgaon?

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 29th August 2011 at 23:45.
Old 30th August 2011, 00:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

Getting a very good old Amby may be difficult in Delhi and for that matter even in Kolkata. Getting a good accident free vehicle will be a lot easier from a tier II city.
Old 30th August 2011, 08:14   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Well Musicmanaman has ignored me and has sold his Amby to a dealer. Real shame.

Anyway, i'm still on the lookout for a good Amby, but i have some questions for you local guys.

Thanks in advance.
I missed this thread, I'll send you a PM right away, I too want my Amby to go to someone who would care for it.

Quote:
Beefmeister, I could not send you a PM, maybe you have blocked the PM details, you can contact me on +91 9007000256 or email me at ravisingh.mail@gmail.com I need to get this done quick if you are interested, as I'm about to take delivery of the Logan this weekend.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st September 2011 at 13:42. Reason: Merging posts. Unfortunately "Newbies" can't use the PM feature.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks