Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2006, 20:17   #1

Driven Fiat Adventure !! Awsome experience

Dear friends,
Thank you for your replies.
I took a test drive of Adventure today. The experience was awsome never driven a 1.6 before. I have been hearing the fun to drive the 1.6 Fiat and I am in agreement with you all.

I am getting inclined to go for Adventure my budget was about 5 lacs but Adventure will cost about 1 lac more. I am yet to talk to the Bankers and find out the EMI. My usage is not much, I usually drive on weekends may be about 50 Kms maximum.

Does Adventure and Palio 1.6 give the same milage ? I am told by the dealer that both give about 8-10 Km / Litre in city with AC on.

Please suggest. Thank you once again for your replies.

Best Regards
Kunal
Old 11th March 2006, 21:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Palio 1.6 will give u more than 10 kmpl if ur a little careful with the throttle.
Old 11th March 2006, 21:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

the dealer is pretty much right about the mileage. Palio adventure is an estate so its more heavy. Additionally even the tyres are for the rough roads.

But you need to take care and ask the dealer about the clutch system. The fiats are meant to be driven differently. This is what I have heard from some owners.
Old 12th March 2006, 03:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Also the current Adventure is going to be phased out in the near future, so ask for more discounts...
Old 12th March 2006, 17:10   #5
BHPian

Just back from the test drive of adventure. Its a beauty

Few notes:
1. Suspension and tyres are too good, so it just eats the bad roads...
2. Gearshift is minimal because of the torque adjustments.
3. Rear seat comfort is good too..
4. AC is good but nothing to talk about
5. You can calculate the boot space in square feet thats how big it is when rear seat is folded
6. Quite easy to drive in city. Power steering has a good feel.

The not so good stuff:
1. Cant compare with performance of 1.6 L palio or other sedans because of the weight. But its adequate.
2. The power windows of the test car were not working.
3. Rear power windows dont open fully
4. Test drive car had the speedometer removed....most likely it will be sold to someone

Surely, there is a new Adventure on the way,
In Brazil, the adventure costs close to 8-9Lakhs for the base model. So it is unlikely that the price of new adventure would be around 5.65L.
Old 12th March 2006, 17:36   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Go for the Adventure.
It is surely a beauty.
Kvish,
the reason you felt the power was lacking was because the car feels heavy in comparison to other cars. Its only when you have a race with another car that you get to know how fast the car is.
Old 13th March 2006, 11:03   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini
Go for the Adventure.
It is surely a beauty.
Kvish,
the reason you felt the power was lacking was because the car feels heavy in comparison to other cars. Its only when you have a race with another car that you get to know how fast the car is.
You are right. I didnt compare it with other cars, also the speedo was disconnected, so didnt know what speed I was going!...

One word of advice, if you drive the adventure, the list of cars you shortlisted will get very very small, you are sure to wipe off a lot of options

Zaphod:

Could you pls share the cost of the tyres?

My primary concerns are:

Are long drives essentially trouble free? I am worried that if the car breaks down, no one will be able to repair it

What are the discounts I can expect? The dealer told me that they have already reduced 20K which I dont think is true. I remember it was sold for around 5.66 earlier and now 5.65...

I was reading in the same forum that the fiat plant in Mumbai was affected by floods last year, is there a chance that we can get flood affected cars?
Old 13th March 2006, 12:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish
3. Rear power windows dont open fully

Surely, there is a new Adventure on the way,
In Brazil, the adventure costs close to 8-9Lakhs for the base model. So it is unlikely that the price of new adventure would be around 5.65L.
Rear windows of Fiat cars do not open fully. That is a standard stuff in all Fiat cars.

Did they talk to you about the new adventure?
Old 13th March 2006, 13:19   #9
BHPian

If your not going to sell the car in 2-3 years, you can go for Adventure very well. Its a awesome car. Adventure 1.6 engine is a beauty, it doesn't gives any trouble. I can vouch it will never let you down in the middle of the journey.
Old 13th March 2006, 14:14   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
Rear windows of Fiat cars do not open fully. That is a standard stuff in all Fiat cars.

Did they talk to you about the new adventure?
He was mentioning that new palio is scheduled for launch end of this year....(october)...he mentioned adventure too...
Old 13th March 2006, 17:16   #11
BHPian

kvish, I don't now how much the OEM Pirellis cost - we had asked Dynamic (Noida dealers for Fiat) to source them an dthey said they;d try ,but so far we havent received any response - the car has to go in for servicing soon so I'll check again.

The car is essentialy trouble free except fort he power steering fluid leakage - but that's solved by keeping a can of Castrol TQ with you - something I've heard is a problem in a lot of Palios.

If something does go wrong with the car in a remote location, you will be stuck - but except for maybe Tata, Hyundai and MUL cars - this applies to virtually every other manufacturer and model.

getting back to the tyres, I might not go in for the 175/80R14 Pirelli's but choose some more road oriented tyres which might last longer - also thinking about upsizing to 185 or 195...

The car is fast - it weighs a lot so it's no stop light drag racer like the city or baleno but it's got enough power for both city and highway uses - you'll never feel that it's underpowered.

And as for the luggage space - this car is perfect for long out of town trips - no need to be cramped - also the spare wheel drops down below the boot so in case of a puncture, there's no need to remove all your luggage.

The average we get is around 10 in the city and 13-16 on the highways (depending upon how it's driven).

I do have problems parking and reversing but that might me just me as these are my weak points anyway.

Go for the adventure over the 1.6 hatch - you do lose out on a teeny bit of performance but you get a lot more car.

when we got ours - it was around 7.35 on road - and we still thought it was a good deal and a better buy than the OHC(the City was around 8L at the time IIRC - 2002) - so at today's price, the car's a steal - go for it.

I love my baleno but on our family trips to Jaipur - we take the adventure - we can easily take a ton of stuff with us and be comfortable - and the car glides on all kinds of surfaces.

cheers

zaphod
Old 14th May 2006, 22:24   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Also the current Adventure is going to be phased out in the near future, so ask for more discounts...
Is it the recently launched Fiat 1.6 adventure sports that you are talking about.
Old 16th May 2006, 23:31   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

ap9dm,
it is possible that he is talking about the new adventure but the difference will only be in looks and i feel that the old/current adventure looks much better.
All this assuming that the new adventure will be based on the new Palio.
As for reliability, we have owned a Fiat siena which had done 65Kkm and it never let us down. Even on trips from Mumbai - Jaipur.
Also our Palio has not given us much problems either and it has done 42kkm.
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks