Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2006, 13:02   #1
BHPian

Lancer 1.5 vs 1.8

bhailog!

i have been considering a lancer for sometime now. on the net i was not able 2 find more about whats the major difference beteen 1.5 and 1.8.

cud u pls help me with more info and input on which should i go for. i have 2 pick from a 2002 or 03 model.

pls consider FE, maintenance and VFM.
Old 31st March 2006, 04:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

1.5 is the normal lancer engine available with a 5-speed transmission. FE is similar to the NHC's and balenos. The torquey nature of the engine helps in he city and this engine is still the most refined and smoothest engine around.

the 1.8 is the bigger 1800cc engine that produces 120bhp and comes with a tip tronic gearbox)automatic with manual shift control) Driveability is good and its as powerful as NHC vtec.
Old 31st March 2006, 12:30   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
1.5 is the normal lancer engine available with a 5-speed transmission. FE is similar to the NHC's and balenos. The torquey nature of the engine helps in he city and this engine is still the most refined and smoothest engine around.

the 1.8 is the bigger 1800cc engine that produces 120bhp and comes with a tip tronic gearbox)automatic with manual shift control) Driveability is good and its as powerful as NHC vtec.
thanx for the info. i m goin for a test drive tommorow, will give more info on this after that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks