Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2006, 18:11   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Really well maintained car. Can't see even a single scratch anywhere, which could be attributed to the fact that it was being used in a small town (apart from the care taken). I guess the condition would have been different if it was in Blore.
Anyone has any idea how much the owner would have paid for it when he bought it in 2001 ?
And BTW, I pity the owner's son. With such a great car at home and being unable to drive it. Sad.

the owner purchased the car in gujrat for 10.5 lakhs + 18000 for fogs, and around 5000 for other accessories all honda originals and also paid a lakh for the entry tax....

Last edited by adit1329 : 11th April 2006 at 18:12.
Old 11th April 2006, 18:13   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce
Hey Adit,

I really pity the owner's son...

But Congrats on the find man, Really good story, nice car & pics....
It's highly impossible to find such a car in bangalore....

what was second best car you rate amongst the cars u have seen until now...
My friend is looking for a Honda City VTEC or 1.5.

Let me know....we hope you can help us find a good one....

Enjoy your car now....

Cheers

the next best was a 2003 black vtec, sparingly used with a 12 cd changer and leather upholstery.....pm me for the details
Old 11th April 2006, 18:14   #78
BHPian

update.....

finally in possession of the car yesterday..........
will post the drive back in detail...
Old 11th April 2006, 18:38   #79
Senior - BHPian

Congrats once again adit....
Old 11th April 2006, 20:15   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
the owner purchased the car in gujrat for 10.5 lakhs + 18000 for fogs, and around 5000 for other accessories all honda originals and also paid a lakh for the entry tax....
What is Entry tax. Do you mean life time road tax for Karnataka?
Old 11th April 2006, 20:24   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
What is Entry tax. Do you mean life time road tax for Karnataka?
yes...as he had bought the car in gujrat and had to pay tax as he had to register in karnataka....

karnataka has the highest road tax in india.....

because roads here are just like those in the moon......
Old 11th April 2006, 20:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Hey Adi, congrats, seems like your car has finally landedup in your hands...huh!!!

It was fun to hear your tussle wid a skoda 1.9tdi on the way back from hubli...seems like you got good of him at 160kmph or so...Well dude, take it easy, its new in your hands and would take lil bit of time understanding its dynamics...Your car is like a big gocart so once you get used to it, its sheer pleasure & utmost feeling of freedom .

Was wondering how a spanking white ohc vtec would look on a highway at 160kmph...only one word Awwessome!!!

WELCOME TO THE ELITE VTEC CLUB
Old 11th April 2006, 21:50   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Hey Adi, congrats, seems like your car has finally landedup in your hands...huh!!!

It was fun to hear your tussle wid a skoda 1.9tdi on the way back from hubli...seems like you got good of him at 160kmph or so...Well dude, take it easy, its new in your hands and would take lil bit of time understanding its dynamics...Your car is like a big gocart so once you get used to it, its sheer pleasure & utmost feeling of freedom .

Was wondering how a spanking white ohc vtec would look on a highway at 160kmph...only one word Awwessome!!!

WELCOME TO THE ELITE VTEC CLUB
well.....not only a skoda..a merc e200, a acccent crdi, a baleno....

what can i say...another one bites the dust.....
Old 11th April 2006, 23:17   #84
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

HHHmmm .. U better get to the meet this weekend with that nearly spanking new car of urs .. Btw my friend spotted ur car at vijaynagar i think ??
Old 13th April 2006, 18:16   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
HHHmmm .. U better get to the meet this weekend with that nearly spanking new car of urs .. Btw my friend spotted ur car at vijaynagar i think ??

when?????

after getting the car from hubli have not taken it out..........

when and where is the meet??
Old 13th April 2006, 22:03   #86
BHPian

OK.....the initial euphoria has passed and i am finally in possession of the car.
I have had absolutely no chance to drive the car around due to the untimely death of Dr.Rajkumar...

set out to hubli on Sunday the 8th of April 2006 by Kamat tours, the ride was very bumpy and slept a sleepless night from the bumpy ride….
Reached hubli early Monday morning at 6:00 am, Shan2nu came and picked me up as usual and we headed to his house. Freshened up and had a scrumptious breakfast of bread, omlette’s and fruit juice.

Headed out to the car owners home and picked the car…topped the tank, checked the air pressure…reached to Shan2nu’s house where his MOM performed pooja to the car.

Shan2nu was in 2 minds whether he wanted to come to Bangalore or stay back in Hubli..

Finally he made up his mind to come to Bangalore.

We finally left at 11:30 am and headed to Bangalore

The first 200 kms the road was bad, especially in patches, you speed up as the road looks good and suddenly there is a depression in the road. Scraped the underbody that is the tow hook once as the road dipped badly.

We reached Chitradurga (The Suzlon wind energy stations.)
by 3:00 pm and stopped for lunch for around half an hour at A1 plaza (reliance holding restaurant).
From here the road improved but the traffic was bad lorries having a slow race amongst themselves..
Tried overtaking 2 such lorries once and suddenly around the bend I see a yellow plastic cone in the middle of the road as the maintenance guys were working there….
Twisted the steering wheel and managed to miss the cone but scraped the side fender, luckily there was no damage, not even a scratch..

Luckily it was a light cone anything heavier and I would have had a deep gash ….

Hit the gas pedal and hit speeds of 120kmph and pushed the car to 160kmph…did not hold it at 160 as the tires were skinny and tube type…did not want to spin out of control

Held the speed for 120 kmph at a constant for 46 mins..the roads were that good…

The car had not yet been opened up and the speeds at top end were a little sluggish. It was as if the car had not yet completed the run in period as the previous owner had not crossed 60 or 70 kmph….

Reached Bangalore at 6:00 pm (near malleshwaram metro), I was just a kilometer from malleshwaram metro when it was 6:00 pm…there was this huge traffic jam….
Finally managed to go through the traffic and reach malleshwaram to drop Shan2nu and reach home some 30 km from malleshwaram metro….
It took me 2.5 hours…

Amazing 6 hours for 410km and 2.5 hours for 30 odd kms….

Well the journey was without incidents….and the car gave me an approximate mileage of 14kmpl with a/c at constant 2 speed and speeds of 110+kmph…

A few feel good incidents with a Skoda, A merc 200, an accent crdi and also a Baleno was the only highlights of the journey.

The car handled beautifully but the only drawbacks were
1) the footwear—needs an upgrade
2) the seats—definitely need umderthigh and lower back support

there was a slight squeaking noise from the rear suspension, which I got it checked out in hubli and the mechanic told me that the bush for the rear suspension need to be overhauled...

that’s a gist of my journey….
Old 17th April 2006, 13:43   #87
Senior - BHPian

Hi Adit congratulations on your buy it looks like it's a great car. Hope you are gonna have fun and welcome to the VTEC club.

One thing I wanted to point out to you was that the instrument console has the gauges with white on blue lettering and white needles. Now this is a little funny since the VTEC I have and the ones I have seen have White on Black lettering and Red/Orange needles. Why is yours different? Was the intrument console changed at any time?
Old 17th April 2006, 15:28   #88
BHPian

One more "White" reason to be at the next TBhp Bangalore meet !!!
Old 17th April 2006, 20:27   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
Hi Adit congratulations on your buy it looks like it's a great car. Hope you are gonna have fun and welcome to the VTEC club.

One thing I wanted to point out to you was that the instrument console has the gauges with white on blue lettering and white needles. Now this is a little funny since the VTEC I have and the ones I have seen have White on Black lettering and Red/Orange needles. Why is yours different? Was the intrument console changed at any time?
2001 models have the speedo in blue......
Old 17th April 2006, 21:14   #90

hey adit nice buy , are you gonna modifly the car on your own or are you gonna give it to sum private modification company ??????
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks