Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2006, 14:10   #1

Elantra Gt Petrol--should I Go 4 It???

Hello Everyone...........

I Am A Car Enthusiast ...........we Wanted To Buy A New C-segment Car ....budget(5-6+lakh) ..........

But When I Came To Know That Hyundai Elantra Gt(base) Was Available At 7.78 On Road At Surat..........and We Can Still Get A Appreciable Discount Of About 45.-50k

(outside Octroi,,corporate Discout,,,,elantra Sales Down,,,,,,and Heard That New Elantra Will Be Launched In 2007......hyundai Dealers Will Be Ready To Give Discount))

My Dad Is Not Much Interested In Cars............i Feel It's Because He Is Generally Chauffer Driven And Has Never Driven A Great Car Himself

He Is Ready To Buy An Hyundai Accent For 5.7on Road Without Discounts

But I Am Truely In Love With Elantra Due To Its

A) Great Looks..........better Than Any C Segment Car If Not Than Corrola Or Skoda

B)performance......great Pickup ....handling......................suspensions Etc...

C) Good Plush Interiors

D)unique Due Its Low Sales

E) Great Value For Money ((7+ With Loads Of Safety And Other Features))

I Had Some Queries For Elantra Owners:

A) Does Petrol Really Gives 6/7 Kmpl In City.........giveme Its True Mileage In City,,highway And In Comparison To Accent..

***fe Is Not A Matter Of Concern As Our Car Is Hardly Going To Run 2k Kms In A Year***

B)maintainence Cost Should Not Be Too High

C)is Rear Leg Support Really A Problem Is So How Can We Get It Adjusted

D) Is It Worth Spending 1.5+ Lakh More Than The Bestseller Acent For A Non Enthusiastic Driver Like My Father

E) Should We Wait For Some More Time So That The Prices Can Fall Before The Launch Of New Elantra

I Have Driven Fiesta Avio,nhc,accent Though All Are Good In Their Own Respect ...........elantra Is A Different Class .........

What's Ur Take On This........ As I Have To Convince My Father To Put 1.5 Lakh Extra For Elantra
Old 11th April 2006, 14:30   #2
Team-BHP Support

apart from the fuel effieciency bit i think you can't really go wrong with an elantra at these price levels.
Drove a diesel a few weeks back and i was floored, infact i had somehwhat convinced someone close to go for a used elantra instead of the an octi.
And this comes from an anti-Hyundai person.

Can someone please shed some light on the petrol version's fuel efficiency?

manson.
Old 11th April 2006, 20:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey jay the base elantra does not have all the safety features as the higher models and at 2k a year you shouldnt be worried about the FE at all.

P.S. Are you sure you will drive only 2000kms a year???
Old 11th April 2006, 23:08   #4

Tell Me Just One Thing

""is It Really Worth To Pay 1.5 Lakh More For A 1.8 Than An Accent Gle For A Non Car Enthusiast Like My Father As Far As Performance Is Concerned""""

"PLEASE ALL WHO R VIEWING AND HAVE ANY IDEA OF A ELANTRA PETROL.......POST YOUR COMMENT"

Last edited by jay_surat1 : 11th April 2006 at 23:10.
Old 12th April 2006, 00:21   #5
BANNED

Tell him it's a much bigger and more comfortable car with a better image than Accent. Play a bigger game!
Old 12th April 2006, 00:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

Why would u want to buy an accent now when new Verna is about to be launched???
Old 12th April 2006, 05:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

go test drive the elantra. Its certainly not a bad drivers car. I had a test drive 2 years before and it was absolutely rocking. certainly not in corolla's territory but still good.

I really hated the Interiors though. the headlights are absolutely brilliant. While many features are removed on GT for price reduction the 1.8L engine remains stock.

also look at the baleno lxi/vxi and lancer invecs. not even half as good deals as the elantra but these cars are pure joy to many.
Old 12th April 2006, 11:46   #8
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Accent is a BIG NO NO as a version is gonna be out soon ... if u can coax the dealer to give u a big discount on accent then its fine otherwise why not look at baleno ? or ford fiesta ?
Old 12th April 2006, 14:33   #9

shocked!!

actually today elantra gt ,the base model petrol arrived.i went to the stockyard but it was a dull white whichlooked just like the extended version of accent............perhaps black or blue would bring it to life.

I was confused whether the base model is having airbags,tcs,ebd,abs or not as even the hyundai dealers accepted but in the web it was given otherwise.........actually all the safety feature are available in only gls or crdi model

the interiors are too plain as compared to the gls petrol and lots of leather and chrome have been removed....

though the engine,,,steering ,,suspension rocks but it has lost the appeal of a great package in small size.

i thing i should get a fiesta ,avio 1.4 or a accent which will save me at least 1.5-2 lakhs + FE.

i won't be ready to shed 2 lakhs just for performance.....

i will take a complete testdrive today evening or tomorow....maybe then i will change my opinion.

but for now it slashed down my expectations!1

Last edited by jay_surat1 : 12th April 2006 at 14:34.
Old 12th April 2006, 14:57   #10
BHPian

hi jay,,
i have the elantra crdi,, i have driven the elantra petrol for about three days,,
it gave me a fuel econamy of 10kmpl..
but in delhi, my route is without traffic light,, 17km's streach,, and you cant go above 60kmph,, couse of cops,, in the day time,,
but the car is superbe,, you cant even compare it to an accent,, even if you are to be driven around,, the suspension is great and the space in the car is superbe,, i chose it over the scoda, couse the travelling comfort is great,, one of my friend has three elantra petrol in his house and he is verry happy with the car..
if you dont drive more than 20, 000. km in an year then you dont even need a diesal car,,
take my verdict,, settle for an elantra,, you wont regret the decesion,,
regards,,
driven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_surat1
actually today elantra gt ,the base model petrol arrived.i went to the stockyard but it was a dull white whichlooked just like the extended version of accent............perhaps black or blue would bring it to life.

I was confused whether the base model is having airbags,tcs,ebd,abs or not as even the hyundai dealers accepted but in the web it was given otherwise.........actually all the safety feature are available in only gls or crdi model

the interiors are too plain as compared to the gls petrol and lots of leather and chrome have been removed....

though the engine,,,steering ,,suspension rocks but it has lost the appeal of a great package in small size.

i thing i should get a fiesta ,avio 1.4 or a accent which will save me at least 1.5-2 lakhs + FE.

i will take a complete testdrive today evening or tomorow....maybe then i will change my opinion.

but for now it slashed down my expectations!1
Old 12th April 2006, 20:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

Be prepared for low resale value if you buy Elantra petrol.
Old 12th April 2006, 22:27   #12
BHPian

Quote:

how about saving 2 lakhs by opting baleno?? just don hear me but just consider it when having the test drives.
Old 13th April 2006, 02:12   #13

accesories gor better interiors

i found the interiors of gt quite dull .in comparison to a gls.............can i make it like gls with wooden panel and better seats,,,CHROME AND ALL THAT.in between 10-15k..............how abt a spoilEr,,mp3 player and fog lamps.........

please give me details of its annual maintainence cost as it would be my fathers last car ...........oops SEDAN!

which colour looks best .......silver white and gold are very common

i want to choose between blue ...i(s it same as the c-class/skoda if so then it is the best,BLACK and red ((which becomes a headturner but the car becomes more sporty and looses its executive lookl)

ALSO BLACK AND BLUE DOESN'T LOOK GOOD AT NIGHT ...WHITE DAZZLES AT NIGHT ..PLEASE GIVE YOUR PERSONAL OPINIONS
what would be my cost if get it fitted standard or customised???
Old 13th April 2006, 03:41   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i found the interiors of gt quite dull .in comparison to a gls.............can i make it like gls with wooden panel and better seats,,,CHROME AND ALL THAT.in between 10-15k..............how abt a spoilEr,,mp3 player and fog lamps.........

ALSO BLACK AND BLUE DOESN'T LOOK GOOD AT NIGHT ...WHITE DAZZLES AT NIGHT ..PLEASE GIVE YOUR PERSONAL OPINIONS
what would be my cost if get it fitted standard or customised???
you can get all the above accessories from an aftermarket shop for much lesser than what the hyundai dealer will charge you.

and about the colour wierd buti think that the white looks nice during the day and nothing beats a black car in the night.

manson.
Old 15th April 2006, 14:08   #15

Reply Immediately

I Hav Seen The Pics Of So Called New Elantra 2007 !!

Its Much Better Looking ......front Corrola ..rear Emberra

The Interiors Are Extremely Classy And Much Better Htan The Present One...veen New Safety Features Have Been Added

So Should I Go For Elantra Gt Now Or Should I Wait For Diwali Or Year End As There Will Be More Discounts Due To Festive Seoson And Clearance Of Old Dtock For New Elantra!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks