Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2006, 12:22   #1

Honda City/ Ford Fusion?

Hi,

I am planning to buy a car and am on look out for those that will best suit my requirements.

My budget is around 7-8 lacs. Looked around the net and figured that Honda City/ Ford Fusion fall into my category (atleast among the cars that I have studied so far...)

Would like to know some opinions - especially from the ppl who have used them - about how these cars fare against each other...

Regards,
Radha.
Old 12th April 2006, 12:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Between these two cars, i'l pick the Honda City. The new one kinda looks good.
Old 12th April 2006, 13:01   #3
BHPian

hey radha, could you elaborate what your requirements for a car are, besides the budget - like performance, space, FE, maintenance, comfort, drivability, what you want to use it for ...

also, in that budget, you can take a look at the fiesta/aveo or optra/elantra, but tell us what you need first

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 12th April 2006 at 13:03.
Old 12th April 2006, 13:12   #4
BHPian

Depends a lot on your criteria

- If dont care too much about performance, and want good FE, and more comfortable ride (more space + quiet): City it is

If comfort and peace of mind is the only important thing for you, try City CVT. Its the most comfortable car to be in (for Bangalore traffic) this side of Rs 9L.
Old 12th April 2006, 13:13   #5
BHPian

its a sort of trademark on this forum to include the baleno if you're thinking of buying a car in that price range. ... you considering that ??
there are a few people here who will jump to try and sell you the baleno as soon as they read your post

Last edited by Fiero : 12th April 2006 at 13:27.
Old 12th April 2006, 14:21   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero
its a sort of trademark on this forum to include the baleno if you're thinking of buying a car in that price range. ... you considering that ??
there are a few people here who will jump to try and sell you the baleno as soon as they read your post
Just that Fiero was the first one (only one so far) to do that on this thread

Also - we heard they stopped production of Fusion. If you are considering Fusion for its engine, Fiesta 1.6 seems to have the same unit.
Old 12th April 2006, 14:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Among the two, I would go for Honda City. You can also consider Fiesta 1.6.
Old 12th April 2006, 14:32   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sradhakrishna
Hi,

I am planning to buy a car and am on look out for those that will best suit my requirements.

My budget is around 7-8 lacs. Looked around the net and figured that Honda City/ Ford Fusion fall into my category (atleast among the cars that I have studied so far...)

Would like to know some opinions - especially from the ppl who have used them - about how these cars fare against each other...

Regards,
Radha.
Radhakrishna, NHC is a proven and popular Sedan. Ford Fusion is a SUV, its not that popular and people talk a lot of about its problems like 'noise from the doors'.

NHC would be an easy choice. But if you want to pick up Fusion, ensure that you talk a few people who already own "Ford Fusion", if i remember there is some "yahoo groups" create for the owners of "Ford Fusion" try to subscribe to that group and get more info.

In bangalore due to lower sales, Ford is offering a lot of discounts, so be careful.
Old 12th April 2006, 19:06   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Radhakrishna, NHC is a proven and popular Sedan. Ford Fusion is a SUV, its not that popular and people talk a lot of about its problems like 'noise from the doors'.
Fusion is NOT an SUV.

Radha you will find alot of information on the various cars in that price range on the forum ... look around ... it all depends on you needs and priorities.
Old 13th April 2006, 11:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

Fusion If U Have The Attitude.......

Hai Radha,

There's a 130 member strong owners group at the followig URL discussing Fusion.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/fordfusion/

Naturally, they are possessive and defensive of fusion and feel this car is very different from others. Its a strange cross between a hatch, seden, suv and what have U and needs a different mind set to drive and possess. All complaints on fusion like door rattle etc., can happen with ANY CAR. Search this forum you'd find NO CAR under the 10 lakh range is 100% "Chut Phut" free... these can be rectified.

My own experiene with the fusion of 12K KM is very very pleasurable .... I have driven almost all the sedans and hatches before buying the fusion.

The H.City is all around u... who doesn't have it? Its a M800 of the middle/upper middle class !!!!!! ITs a powerful brand and a good overall package; though slightly underpowered and overpriced.

I'd pick a Baleno for a City any day.... its a great VFM proposition and a great car, that was my 2nd choice before buying the fusion.

Ultimately... u have to decide what u want from yr car; FE, Road presense, Driving Comfort, Safety and VFM..... anything u buy is a compromise between these.

Happy driving.

==Ramky
Quote:
Originally Posted by sradhakrishna
Hi,

Regards,
Radha.

Last edited by ramkya1 : 13th April 2006 at 12:00.
Old 13th April 2006, 12:40   #11
BHPian

Go for the Elantra petrol.
At current prices its a steal
Old 13th April 2006, 13:53   #12
BHPian

i would go for the fusion.it may not be an suv but the high ground clearance means it is good for indian roads.also its small dimensions make it ideal for city use.plus its fun to drive with good handling a powerful engine and good gearshift.and like an icing on the cake,read in the march issue of autocarindia that ford is offering massive discounts of upto 80000 on the fusion!!
there were some issues like door rattling but ford has sorted it out at the dealer level itself.and then again,any day a honda is more reliable.
Old 13th April 2006, 14:15   #13
BHPian

I would go for Ford Fusion
I always loved its high seating position. It a crossover between car & SUV. Enough space and comfortable.
Nowadays you can get a big discount on Fusion.
Honda is no doubt an excellent car. It is one of the most well respected brand in the world. But Honda cars are overpriced in India.
However, I still have one concern. Being a Ford, I doubt the car's longevity.
If you want to keep the car for 5 years or less, Ford is a good bet. But for very long term use, nobody still beats the Japanese!
Old 13th April 2006, 14:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero
its a sort of trademark on this forum to include the baleno if you're thinking of buying a car in that price range. ... you considering that ?? there are a few people here who will jump to try and sell you the baleno as soon as they read your post
Nice try, Fiero. Except that, while the actual Baleno fans did not bring it up (maybe because radha already had identified 2 cars from which he wanted help choosing the one), you unwittingly brought the Baleno into the discussion.
Coming back to the topic, I personally feel that both City and Fusion are good cars.
With City comes the Honda tag, best-in-class FE, city drivability, possibly good resale value (if resale values of OHCs are any indication) etc. Cons being, not exactly fun to drive on the highways, everyone has one etc.
Fusion looks good, has high ground clearance, is pretty different from the usual stuff we see on the roads, not-everyone-has-one factor and good discounts. Cons might be low FE, the Ford tag and a market that has been pretty lukewarm to it.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 13th April 2006 at 14:30.
Old 13th April 2006, 14:57   #15
Senior - BHPian

It doesn't make sense to spend any time on suggesting a car till one clearly specifies his/her requirements.

Moderators, can we make it compulsory to state the requirements before anyone posts in "What car" section? (Just as we do in marketplace).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks