Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2006, 17:16   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
But still, did you consider the Baleno ? It should be a good fit for your requirements and with Maruti service centres all over India, no worry on that count too.
There's also the newly introduced Fiesta and Aveo which you could check out.
even i was wondering why the decision is between indigo and city only and no other car in between comes in the equation ??

but perhaps, like all marines, krieg is also quite well-built and would like loads of space inside the car to be comfortable
and these two are the only 'spacious' options in this segment
Old 14th April 2006, 17:34   #32
BHPian

Marine, I think the Marina TDI is great VFM. You get space, comforts and the like for ~6L.
Old 14th April 2006, 20:50   #33

whew!!this is a great forum..never xpected so many replies!!
nywaze,i'm still undecided as to wat to buy...
i'd never considered the baleno,as its design is so drab,but now with ppl puttin a word in for it,i think i'll go have a look at it.
i'm also gonna use my car for long distance drives..i've toured the whole of rajasthan in my maruti 800 ..
I've also considered other cars..Indigo marina is still in the fray...aveo and fiesta aren't available in the CSD,and their cost was commin close to round 6'70 6 '80(cant remember clearly....)so if i can get a city for the same price(or lesser than it),i guess the city might b a better option..
Suspension and good ground clearance are also important factors,since i dont knoe which godforsaken place i might b posted to next.
Old 15th April 2006, 07:05   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari_rama
...Go for indigo for fuel efficiency (diesel model),space,cheap spares,tata after sales service...
...and keep a good stock of Anacin See http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/209706-post1.html

Last edited by msprabhakar : 15th April 2006 at 07:08.
Old 15th April 2006, 07:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreigsmarine
...i'd never considered the baleno,as its design is so drab,but now with ppl puttin a word in for it,i think i'll go have a look at it...
WARNING: Innocent people like you who went to just "have a look at Baleno" have never returned with any other car...
Old 15th April 2006, 16:14   #36
BHPian

Well it depends on usage. Everybody has different opinions.
FE / Ruggedness / Easy spares / less pain when car gets dents = Indigo
Also low resale value = Indigo

Stylishness / Decent FE / Upmarket looks / Refined Engine / On Road Presence / Great and light years ahead Interiors / Highest resale value = City ZX
Besides at the Auto Expo 2006, some pics were taken by me :-

IndigoXL1

CityZX

Baleno -

Cedia

HondaCivic
Old 15th April 2006, 16:37   #37
Senior - BHPian

Hi Since you say you were dissatisfied with the decision of buying a M800, I suggest that before you finalize on the Indigo you might wanna take a look at this thread

Protest against TATA MOTORS

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ta-motors.html

I have talked to my friend who used to work for Car India & he says that any Tata vehicle especially a Indigo which they had got for a special feature started making squeky noises from its dashboard & other places.
Old 15th April 2006, 17:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

The Indigo is never an option for those looking a sedan. It is for those people with hatchback budgets who find the price too tempting (like us ). The City is a far better car. Also take a look at the Baleno/Fiesta TDCi, the former for budget thrills and the latter for FE.
Old 17th April 2006, 12:53   #39
BHPian

My vote goes to City NHC amonst your choices. You may not need the FE of Indigo Diesel as you might mostly do city rounds and not heavy mileages. In all other aspects NHC is ahead of indigo. Also you would like to retain your car for 5+ years. As everyone says NHC is the equivalent of Maruti 800 in maintanence costs
Old 22nd April 2006, 18:04   #40

city it is...

Awright...thank u everyone for ur advice..Am finally goin for the city exi...Gonna buy it from the CSD,so its goin to cost me around 6lac 20(on road)...
The darn waitin list is bout a month long ...
So once again i would like to thank everyone whos replied..u've all helped me to get to this decision...Hope i dont regret it
Old 23rd April 2006, 11:17   #41
Senior - BHPian

You will not regret it once you have bought it. It is only the initial barrier of high price that you have to cross. Once that is done you will enjoy every bit of it. Sure it wont outdrag a Baleno, will not be as cheap as an Indigo, but hey it is a Honda. You can rest easy. Of that I am sure. Nice choice of car.
Old 24th April 2006, 08:16   #42
Team-BHP Support

For godforsaken places go for the indigo. It will survive more abuse and abuse related repairs are cheap. And make sure you go for a diesel indigo if you want piece of mind.
Also Honda dealerships are rarer than Tata ones.
Old 24th April 2006, 08:22   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
For godforsaken places go for the indigo. ....
Khareed liya yaar City. Ab mat bol.
Old 24th April 2006, 09:26   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
For godforsaken places go for the indigo. It will survive more abuse and abuse related repairs are cheap. And make sure you go for a diesel indigo if you want piece of mind.
My Indigo used to have solid abuse-related repairs. Every time something broke, we used to abuse the Tata guys for selling junk.
Old 24th April 2006, 09:53   #45
BHPian

go for CITY...
no thinking...
dont compare Tata to Honda...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks