Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2006, 00:00   #16

i got a petrol elantra and it has a pretty good rear bench it has to better than the fiesta but if u have a lot city driving go in for the fiesta for the diverbility and fe plus u save quite a bit
Old 17th April 2006, 00:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Accent Crdi...or the skoda octavia tdi..man..both the cars rock in their own class..elantra crdi ka koi class hii nahi against ...skoda tdi..both in comfort,mileage or even looks..
Old 17th April 2006, 01:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee
Kishore , thanks for the suggestion . Can you give me some info on LPG conversion. Is it approved for private cars, I see huge Auto queues in the few bunks that sell gas .

JD
Sure...it's perfectly legal and is available quiet easily in a aplace like Mumbai. Bangalore, I'm not too sure of the availability aspect. Will cost you around 23K for conversions and at 26 bucks per kg, is a gr8 alternative fuel option. PM me if you need more details.

Cheers!!!
Old 17th April 2006, 11:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

Elantra will keep you happy. Though Fiesta is a great car, but it lacks adequate grunt for highway driving. Also the price difference is not much as you can have a fully loaded crdi for 9.4L on road or less.
Old 17th April 2006, 21:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765
IMO as long as you are not driving a fiesta diesel the car is ok. Rear seat is also pretty comfortable(dint sit there for too long though). Engine is refined, silent etc. etc. But it completely lacks the punch. I wouldnt pay 8.x lacs for a fiesta tdi. I would rather pay that much for an accent crdi even though it is being discontinued.

Elantra is worth its money. I never sat at the back though.
I guess that's a wrong comment. Verna's gonna be in a new segment...b/w accent and elantra.

Elantra does haev more space at rear than a Fiesta. Fiesta 1.4 @68bhp WTF; shame on ford.

And, he said he dont want a Skoda as he would be driven around ( read..he sits at the back most of the time). Read his post and post, intead of confusing him and others.

fiesta w 1686 length 4282 wb 2486
elantra w 1725 length 4525 wb 2610

Last edited by jkdas : 17th April 2006 at 22:01.
Old 18th April 2006, 20:39   #21
jat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden
Jat, are you saying the Fiesta is more comfortable than the Elantra?
That's right. At least, my knees stick more in the air in Elantra rear seat than in Fiesta rear seat (keep the front passenger seat maximum forward). And to feel the getting in and out comfort try to get in and out of Elantra (feels like you were sitting on your haunches and you are getting up from there) after trying in Ambassdor rear seat or some SUV front or Indigo rear/front seat. You will immediately notice the difference. And then try again to compare Fiesta and Elantra.

And also his choice is based purely on economics and rear seat. Fiesta is the cheapest to buy and to run (I don't know about maintenance cost).

But if you are comparing on the basis of VFM or the power of CRDi, that is you are in front seat, then Elantra would have been my choice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks