Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2006, 12:31   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArijitM
I want a stable & hassle free city car with decent mileage & low ownership cost. It will do abot 10000 KM per year.

Between Ikon and Indigo, its the latter that meets ur above reqs. However, you might want to look at the Fiat Petra too - its more of a car than the Indigo and with Fiat starting to rejuvenate itself via TATA, it might prove to be a good investment at that
Old 18th June 2006, 12:23   #17

I think Ikon Flair 1.3 is the best option.It is hving the best value for money.It is coming with sporty bumper ,leather seat cover,anti theft alarm etc.It is agood car .I dont think the rocam engine is imported but it is giving a good performance.As for Indigo ,it is known to de a problematic car.It can defeat Ikon 1.3 only by fuel consuption.My suggestion is to take Ikon flair 1.3.After all it is a FORD!!!
Old 19th June 2006, 10:45   #18
BHPian

In this range, Ford is a good choice, But please take a look at this thread-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...kons-sale.html
Old 26th June 2006, 12:38   #19

Just an update : I test drove Indigo , Ikon & Esteem. Indigo looked most spacious followed by Ikon & then Esteem. But engine response was best in Ikon follwed by Esteem & then Indigo. Since the members here seem to suggest not to consider diesel below 60 KM per day I have left out Indigo.

Now following my "heart" over "brain" to choose Ikon over Esteem

Can the other Ford (pref. Ikon) owner pls share some idea about Ford spare cost & availabilty ? The showroom manager claimed that with "indianization" the spare are not costly & easily available ...
Old 26th June 2006, 12:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

Ford is much more expensive to maintain than an esteem. If I were you, I'd check the 1.6 Palio GTX too.. Its a small hatch with good space..
Old 26th June 2006, 22:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Yep all cars from Yr 2003 onwards have indian build/assembled Engines by HMIL at Calcutta. thats the reason the car became cheaper,All pre 2003 cars had engines imported from south africa's Ford plant.
Rocam engines are assembled by HM at Pithampur near Indore like NC mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revharder
coz a diesel car needs to be warmed up properly (how, thats needs a whole new thread!) before it can be driven properly. and for just 15 kms drive diesel won't give you any major benefit in fuel economy.
Diesel cars require no more or no less warmup period compared to petrol. Its just that IDI diesels need a glow plug to crank over. Also keep in mind 15 kms might take a good 45 minutes to cover depending on traffic.

Last edited by Mpower : 26th June 2006 at 23:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks