Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2006, 16:39   #1
BHPian

help me out in selecting the car

hi team-bhpians,

i am thinking to take used mid-segment car. my options is lancer/accent crdi/ford ikon. please give me some suggestions in purchasing the car. i am confused in buying. tell me which car will be better to take. it should be low maintainence/good mileage/good power.
which car does give good fuel efficiency?

Anand.
Old 6th July 2006, 16:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

When you ask for help on what car, please put your priorities, travel conditions, budget for the car, monthly maintenance budget etc clearly in your post.

If your travel is in town and you don't have issues with high petrol price, go for Icon 1.6. You can also look out for Baleno.

If it's for highway driving or you want a Dsl car, go for 2004 model Accent CRDI.... Should cost 4.5 - 5.5 lacs

If you want a mid size car at the cheapest price, go for an Esteem or petrol Accent or Icon Flair or Petra.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 6th July 2006 at 17:01.
Old 6th July 2006, 18:34   #3

Dear Friend
The car with best value for money whish I think is ford Ikon 1.3.company is offering so many goodies.Ihave owned an ikon flair for about3 years with no complaints .Mileage is little low.It gives good RPM.Acceleration is good.
This is my suggestions.
Old 6th July 2006, 21:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

Various recently published articles have mentioned lancer to be the hottest buy in the used car market.

I own one and let me assure you its got almost everything you need.

Good power- better than Crdi and comparable to Ikon
better mileage- doesnt match the crdi but leaves Ikon behind
Low maintainence- Dont know about crdi but Ikon is well behind

Last edited by devarshi84 : 6th July 2006 at 21:16.
Old 6th July 2006, 22:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Anand,
Dude mention ur budget so that everyone will help accordingly. And like i always told u, if u want a diesel car then get the Accent, and if ur looking for a petrol, get a Lancer of an OHC.

I wouldn't recommend the Ikon, but if u liked hatchbacks u could have a look the Palio as well.
Old 7th July 2006, 12:56   #6
BHPian

I would suggest Petra which comes with a god package and there are real happy owners.
Old 7th July 2006, 14:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandPatil
i am thinking to take used mid-segment car. my options is lancer/accent crdi/ford ikon. please give me some suggestions in purchasing the car. i am confused in buying. tell me which car will be better to take. it should be low maintainence/good mileage/good power. which car does give good fuel efficiency?
Are you comparing a diesel with two petrol cars ? Or are you mentioning the diesel versions of all the 3 cars ?

Based on your 3 main requirements, the optimum fit would be the Accent. Optimum because what it loses on the power front to the other two cars, it leads when it comes to mileage and low maintenance. Also, as per a survey conducted by an automag recently, it is supposed to have the cheapest spares in the C segment.

Based on owner testimony (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/202948-post12.html), the Lancer is NOT a cheap car to own from any angle. And when it is a used/abused one, it could pinch your wallet even more.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 7th July 2006 at 14:57.
Old 7th July 2006, 20:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Based on your 3 main requirements, the optimum fit would be the Accent. Optimum because what it loses on the power front to the other two cars, it leads when it comes to mileage and low maintenance.
I dont think the accent is in any way less powerful than an ikon 1.8 or a lancer d
Old 7th July 2006, 21:51   #9
Team-BHP Support

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff: AnandPatil, all your choices under consideration have been discussed in detail in a whole lot of What Car? threads. In addition, numerous ownership reviews owners have been posted by members. Please do a search before posting repeat threads.

Last edited by aah78 : 7th July 2006 at 21:54.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks