Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2006, 16:06   #1
BHPian

how good is a used siena 2003

team,

i am getting a deal for a used siena petrol 1.6 elx 2003 model done 25000 km. i think this is the model that got rebadged as petra lately.

i would be thankful to you guys, if you could pls throw some light on the feasibility of maintaining this car in coimbatore/bangalore and also the approx price it is worth of (it is a single owner Karnataka registered vehicle). the seller is quoting something around 3 lacs.

any suggestion/comments are welcome

- karthik.
Old 25th July 2006, 18:57   #2
BHPian

[quote=ece2k2]team,

the seller is quoting something around 3 lacs.

For 3 lacs, not at all. I wouldnt pay more than 1.75. I know, how tiring it was to look for spares for my 2000 model Uno (now sold off) . Sienna had problems also here in Mumbai.
Yes, as for the spares in coimbatore/bangalore, tbhp members from there will be in a better position to advise.
There are lot more options open to you to spend your 300k.
Why not consider a post 2000 OHC or may be a lancer ?
After all, its your take buddy!

az
Old 25th July 2006, 19:51   #3
BHPian

used siena

thanks for ur reply az.

the problem is that the ohc's cost more than 3.5 lacs here in south india. but i hope to get this siena for about 2.7 lacs after negotiation.

i thought that this being a 2003 siena (that resembles petra), the spares will be easily available.

pls lemme know your comments.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 25th July 2006 at 19:55.
Old 25th July 2006, 19:53   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2
team,

i am getting a deal for a used siena petrol 1.6 elx 2003 model done 25000 km. i think this is the model that got rebadged as petra lately.

i would be thankful to you guys, if you could pls throw some light on the feasibility of maintaining this car in coimbatore/bangalore and also the approx price it is worth of (it is a single owner Karnataka registered vehicle). the seller is quoting something around 3 lacs.

any suggestion/comments are welcome

- karthik.
This is exactly same as current Petra. So maintenance wouldn't be a problem. But you can defenitely bargain for a better price I believe.
Old 25th July 2006, 20:33   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

No..No..Siena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2
thanks for ur reply az.

the problem is that the ohc's cost more than 3.5 lacs here in south india. but i hope to get this siena for about 2.7 lacs after negotiation.

i thought that this being a 2003 siena (that resembles petra), the spares will be easily available.

pls lemme know your comments.
Not recommended..the car is very solid but the availability of spares is an issue.You will be pained running around in case there is a problem.Their electricals are crap and design of several components,wierd.

Go in for an Esteem or any Japanese car(Honda,Lancer,Baleno)..you will never regret it.The Accent is another alternative.Fiat is "fit for Italy'.
Old 25th July 2006, 21:52   #6
BHPian

an update in the price

the seller is ready to give it for 2.3 lacs now. is it worth the deal, considering the price factor.

Petra owners,
pls give more info about the spares availability - if this really a concern ???

thanks guys for all the replies.

- karthik.
Old 25th July 2006, 22:25   #7
BHPian

no way, 3 lakhs is way too much, a friend of mine bought a 03 Siena in Delhi, Fully loaded for 2 odd lakhs
so i guess in karnataka you may pay 25 to 30 k more but anything above would be called splurging.....
spares are a problem for all fiat cars, believe me, i spent a day yesterday in delhi auto markets for small parts since nybody who has fiat parts knows you are in the pits for parts.......

Last edited by rohitgaur : 25th July 2006 at 22:29.
Old 25th July 2006, 22:30   #8
BHPian

Why do u have to stick to the Sienna. It was a gud car with no resale margin...why don't u go for the Palio if u still want to stick with FIAT. Sienna are ahrdly to be seen anywhere now..finally its ur call...u decide !!
Old 25th July 2006, 22:35   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

3.0, now down to 2.3. Wonder why's there such a drop in the price quoted by the seller.

Is it possible for you to check with Fiat service guys abt the differences between the current Petra & the Sienna [late model?] that you are looking at, in terms of spares etc - that should give you an idea of the spares availability.

Last edited by condor : 25th July 2006 at 22:36.
Old 25th July 2006, 22:51   #10
BHPian

the price drop is bcoz the seller is moving to US next week and he is kinda desperate to sell it. and probably he is not finding a buyer ...
Old 26th July 2006, 17:05   #11
BHPian

I own a Petra since last 2 years. Though for power steering issue I really had to chase Fiat but spares availability has never been a problem since my last 4 years of Fiat ownership (I had a Palio 1.2 earlier and now I have a 1.6 GTX and a 1.6 Petra).

Dont be misguided by rumors, check with Fiat owners for a real picture. Most of the spares are cheaper as compared to other sedans in same segment.

Fiat is pulling up socks on customer responsiveness also. I had a very minor color fading issue on my GTX (bought in Sep 2004) fiat has agreed to repaint the entire car instead of just affected rear hatch door! The car is being repainted right now. The color was directly arranged by Fiat from Exxon Mobil and car is being repaited under Fiat's QA guys' supervision.

I took this oppurtunity to change the color from Flame Red to Formula Red! Cant wait to see my beauty in Formula Red. So...this is how Fiat India is making effort to change the image.

By the way....2.3 lacs is an excellent price and 25K KMs is nothing.
Old 26th July 2006, 17:31   #12
BHPian

used fiat petra is simply a palio with a boot..Its really a well built car.. I have a palio and there is no issues with it.. And the price 2.3lacs sounds ok but do try to make it further down.. Get the car checked throughly by a mechanic. If every thing looks ok then go for it.
I m sure u will enjoy it...
Old 26th July 2006, 21:27   #13
BHPian

hi guys,

thanks for all the encouraging words. finally i have decided to buy the used siena 2003 for 2.25 lacs. the vehicle is in good condition and has been maintained by TVS bangalore till now (so maintainance shouldnt be an issue i hope).

thanks again for all the ideas. regarding the price, i wasnt able to get it down further and so settled for 2.25

regards,
karthik.
Old 26th July 2006, 22:09   #14
BHPian

hi guys,

thanks for all the encouraging words. finally i have decided to buy the used siena 2003 for 2.25 lacs. the vehicle is in good condition and has been maintained by TVS bangalore till now (so maintainance shouldnt be an issue i hope).

thanks again for all the ideas. regarding the price, i wasnt able to get it down further and so settled for 2.25

regards,
karthik.
Old 26th July 2006, 22:32   #15
BHPian

All the best Karthik!

az

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks