Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2006, 22:53   #16
Senior - BHPian

Just in case people dont relise, the Sonata actually makes more power than the OCty RS.
Old 21st August 2006, 09:28   #17

Thanks a lot ffor all your inputs olks. I will try out both. But I think I will follow my heart and buy an RS.
Old 21st August 2006, 11:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Also keep in mind that the maintenance of teh RS would be much higher than teh Embera. Hyundai's service is one of its strong points, whereas a lot of members in here have had rude shocks when it came to servicing their skodas. Five figure bills are not uncommon for Skodas!
Old 21st August 2006, 22:39   #19
BHPian

thats it rambono,just follow your heart and buy the octy-i can vouch you will never ever regret it.
Old 26th August 2006, 00:00   #20
BHPian

Sounds like you're set with the RS. Good choice...

If you've not yet decided, and your options are the RS and the Sonata V6, I'd say go for the V6 (but not the inline 4 Sonata)...

I've been driving a V6 this past week, and I love the punch it gives when you floor it.... Plus, with the V6 AT (at least, over here. Not sure in India), you also get the auto + manual shifter (I think they call it the shift-matic or something like that)...
Old 26th August 2006, 04:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamenon
If you've not yet decided, and your options are the RS and the Sonata V6, I'd say go for the V6 (but not the inline 4 Sonata)...
The Embera does not come with a V6 engine in India.

Also rambono if you aren't decided yet one factor I would like to point out since you are chauffered is that the ride quality of the Sonata will be better than the RS's. The RS has stiff suspension & low-profile tyres and even on mildly undulating roads it has an unsettled & jiggly ride so you should look at that factor too.

Also if you keep your cars for a long period of time or do high mileage then you should also factor in the maintenance costs since for the Skoda this is very high.

P.S. Have you considered buying the Rider 1.8 TPI & then using the left over money to tune/pimp up your car?? Just a suggestion.

Last edited by iraghava : 26th August 2006 at 05:00.
Old 26th August 2006, 09:21   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
P.S. Have you considered buying the Rider 1.8 TPI & then using the left over money to tune/pimp up your car?? Just a suggestion.
I'm ok with spending 14-15L. So I thought it would be better to go for the Rally Sport. Which are the features I would miss out on by loading up a Rider? The sunroof is one I guess.
Old 26th August 2006, 11:04   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, the rider sport is the fully loaded and better looking version. Among other things, you do get a sunroof, xenon headlights, awesome alloy/tyre combo, superbly contoured front seats, better steering wheel etc.
Old 26th August 2006, 12:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

Rambo,

And bear in mind that the rear seat of the Sonata , though roomy is not comfortable - no proper under thigh support available. I didnt like the rear seat when I test drove it.

The RS though short in back seat space feels more cosy and comfortable.

Take a TD of both and decide. All the best.
Old 26th August 2006, 19:01   #25

Thanks. Sure will. Anyway, all my active research, TDs, etc. is scheduled for next month (when I move to Gurgaon). Only hope some other car doesn't enter my frame of choice and confuse me further
Old 18th September 2007, 06:55   #26

Sonata Embera AT vs Skoda Rally Sport

So which car did you finally buy? Would be nice if you could share your experience (especially rear leg space) after the purchase. Do you regret not having bought the other car?
Old 18th September 2007, 15:34   #27
BHPian

I bet he got the RS with no regrets
Old 18th September 2007, 16:32   #28
BHPian

How abt Accord v6?

Hi All

Just a suggestion... woudn't V6 a best of both worlds?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks