Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2006, 16:49   #1

Buying Used Siena

Hi firnds,
I am getting a used siena, 2nd owner, done about 22,000kms for close to 2lacs, negotiable. Is it a good deal. What about the maintainence cost of the vehicle. One more thing, what points I shoule be accessing the car on. And ya, though the car has mag wheels, the spare tyre seems to have a normal wheel, and not a mag????Advice...need to pick up a car quickly. And anyone knows any dealer in mumbai where I can pick up used sienas..
Old 28th August 2006, 19:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush Agarwal
Hi firnds,
I am getting a used siena, 2nd owner, done about 22,000kms for close to 2lacs, negotiable. Is it a good deal. What about the maintainence cost of the vehicle. One more thing, what points I shoule be accessing the car on. And ya, though the car has mag wheels, the spare tyre seems to have a normal wheel, and not a mag????Advice...need to pick up a car quickly. And anyone knows any dealer in mumbai where I can pick up used sienas..
Siena is a great car, but beware of its resale value & the cost of maintanence. i for one was advised against it very strongly by my mechanic. i was also attracted to it because of its low value, but the costs accompanying it could be great. some inputs on this from siena owners, please.
Old 28th August 2006, 19:26   #3
BHPian

Used siena

Hi there,
I have a used siena, 2002 model in Bang which i picked up for 1.75. It's in good condition, the negatives being dulled paint, slight rim abuse signs, and brake calipers noise. But the engine is a dream.

I got it serviced recently and parts were available. The things I didnt get were the brake calipers replacement, (so slight noise still exists) but the thrill of driving that car is amazing.

Considering that the Petra is still sold, I think you should go ahead and buy it if it's in good condition.

Superavi
Old 28th August 2006, 19:28   #4
BHPian

And I hope it's the 1.6 litre car. That's the one that has a gem of an engine!
Old 28th August 2006, 19:52   #5
BHPian

The price quoted by the owner is too high. You may like to look out for a private owned Esteem VX or a OHC 1.3, within a range of 2 lacs.
All the best!
Old 28th August 2006, 21:29   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superavi
And I hope it's the 1.6 litre car. That's the one that has a gem of an engine!

Why exactly are you looking for only a Siena in the first place?

Ask any mechanic and all will tell you the same- "engine badhiya hai lekin maintanence bahut hai". Why buy a car where one has to worry about maintanence cost?

2L is a good budget for a range of other better cars.
Old 28th August 2006, 23:54   #7

Hi ppl,
Thanx a lot for the repiles. Well, I spoke to a mechanic or two, and yes, same reply, "maintainence cost would be heavy". And its a 1.2 and not a 1.6. I am thinking seriously about an esteem now. I was told that the cost of ownership would be low on that. Is it a good idea to buy car through certified car dealers Maruti True Value/Auto Mart India. These guys sell the cars at a premium though. I would like something below 2 lacs(the cheaper the better), as I dont wanna keep the car for very long, maybe about 2 years.And I dont wanna be a regular at my local mechanic. HELP...
Old 29th August 2006, 11:16   #8
BHPian

Hi There , you can find a few Esteem's on www.carwale.com though there are quite a few dealer listings try and find individual listings as well alternately you can also try www.indiacars.com or www.carsalesindia.com

Happy hunting !
Old 29th August 2006, 17:24   #9

HI rchimni..
thanx buddy, I went through the sites mentioned by you. Found a few individual listings here n there. Think i should be able to get a good deal there.getting a couple of esteems, 99model 4 abt 120000, negotiable. and a 99model esteem-150000. what do u ppl think. The cars are apparently pretty well maintained. Advice..
Old 29th August 2006, 18:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

nitinbhag is probably putting up his Siena (1.6) for sale as he's being relocated to Singapore by his employers.
Old 29th August 2006, 19:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

I owned a Siena 1.2 2002 model. it was a car with decent pickup and solid build. even with lpg kit it performed well.
maintenance is not expensive. spares are well priced but the service is charged on the higher side. may differ from dealer to dealer. few months back I sold it off for 2.2 lakhs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks