Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2006, 13:13   #31
BHPian

i spoke with him again and he was like no the fiesta is too BIG...i think will have to move to the nxt alterantive i.e. indigo...i owned an indica my self the first one (diesel block) and had the worst experience ever....had replaced everything on that car...so tata still gives me shivers but i guess people like me have done lots of R&D on behalf of tata and they have improved their products...can some petrol indigo owner throw some light on this¿
just one quetion RELIABILTY¿
Old 6th September 2006, 13:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandan
hey,
i am very much here,just spokw with my grandpa,was like the fiesta might be to big for him to drive around,can some one tell me the dimensions of the esteem to compare with other cars¿
here are the specs of the fiesta-
length- 4282mm
width- 1686mm
height- 1468mm
i personally too think he will not be able to manage a fiesta....really confused at this point of time...
source fiesta brochure!
sorry forgot
Old 6th September 2006, 13:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Vandan, have you considered

Indigo Marina
Opel Corsa
Chevy SRV
Old 6th September 2006, 14:23   #34
kdb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandan
i spoke with him again and he was like no the fiesta is too BIG...i think will have to move to the nxt alterantive i.e. indigo...i owned an indica my self the first one (diesel block) and had the worst experience ever....had replaced everything on that car...so tata still gives me shivers but i guess people like me have done lots of R&D on behalf of tata and they have improved their products...can some petrol indigo owner throw some light on this¿
just one quetion RELIABILTY¿
why dont you ask him to have a test drive first .. fiesta is not so big once u sit in it and drive .. u have a nice view of the whole car and much better control than a indigo
Old 6th September 2006, 14:27   #35
BHPian

I would recommend the Ford Fiesta.
Looking at the car, its got good looks, Small one as well so easy to move around.
Heard the car is doing quite well in terms of space within the car and the air conditioning etc.
All in all, a good buy

Cheers
M516
Old 6th September 2006, 14:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker

Chevy SRV
For grandparents? Overkill.....
Old 6th September 2006, 15:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdb
No questions asked .. go for the fiesta 1.4 petrol..

1. mileage : it gives me 13-14 (with full ac) and 15+ (without ac) in city

2. comfort : the engine is soo smoooth (the more you drive the more you love it) suspension is superb too..

3. maintenece : i have already done 15K (8 months) on the car and only money i spent on maintanence is Rs 1100 (that too on third service at 10K for oil and filter change etc..)

4. City driving : its a gr8 city car .. its got the same turning radius as the Honda city i.e, 4.9 m

Go fida my friend
hmmm... i am not so sure about the mileage that you have proclaimed here. how did you calculate your mileage ?
Old 6th September 2006, 16:00   #38
kdb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
hmmm... i am not so sure about the mileage that you have proclaimed here. how did you calculate your mileage ?
my friend i travel more than 70 kms daily and get my tank full every week .. on every time i fulll the tank i record the reading reset the trip meter and calculate it when i refill the full tank next week... and i have been doing this from the last 8 months... the mileage with full AC lies between 13.7 - 14.3 kmpl and the with 50% AC is around 14.7 kmpl .. without AC its somewhere around 15.5 mark or more cause i have driven less without AC in this hot weather of delhi ...
Old 6th September 2006, 16:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker

Indigo Marina
Opel Corsa
Chevy SRV
Indigo Marina- that extra space is not required,the indigo would do fine once i get a good review...
Opel Corsa- i thought GM had stopped production of it
Chevy SRV-dude its for grandparents
Old 6th September 2006, 16:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

The indigo petrol has a lot of reported ECU problems and is generally not refined enough. Plus there would always be the odd niggle here and there.

You would be much better off with a Hyundai or Maruti product.

As regards Ford- People here seem to swear by teh Fiesta so I guess it must be a good car. However, Ford service costs are pretty high and in Delhi the after sales suck! Dunno about other cities.
Old 6th September 2006, 16:39   #41
Senior - BHPian

Among the listed options, Fiesta will be an ideal choice.
But just check Ford Service in Delhi? If it is decent, then go fida....

Last edited by finneyp : 6th September 2006 at 16:40.
Old 6th September 2006, 18:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Chevy SRV is odd ehh....well it depends on how nature of the grandparents. I am sure that even they would like to drive in something that is 'youthful' and 'peppy'...there are those types of people as well you know.

Grandparents were young once too !!

I just say ... give them something that makes them feel happy when they set their eyes upon it.

That's the only issue I have with 'plain jane' designs like Fiesta and Ikon etc.
Old 6th September 2006, 18:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Space wise isnt the ford fusion sufficient.

Overall It fits your requirement perfectly .
Old 6th September 2006, 21:25   #44

Hi friend
Ihtink you should go for accent if youare going for diesel.It offers good fuel efficency andperfomance.
For Petrol,I would suggest Ikon or fiesta as it is offering perfomance.Ikon is petrol thirsty but it won't do much harm if you use it for long drives.
You didn't give option for Baleno.It is a car which offers both petrol efficency andperfomance.
Old 6th September 2006, 22:05   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Vandan,
as i said earlier,
The fiesta is an awesome vehicle and it onlyt looks big on the outside but once you begin driving it, it shrinks around you. According to my driver, visibility is awesome and because of its small turning radius, it makes good sense.
Other option would be Getz which too is an awesome car if he doesn't mind the lack of a boot.
The esteem is the smallest car in it's class and nothing comes close to it in temrs of size with a trunk.
Cars that come close are the Fiat Petra which is too heavy to drive and the Ikon and if he isn't keen on the Fiesta, get the Ikon.
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks