Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2006, 20:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Right now I would say Cedia for 9.09 not a bad option either only thing is the pluimmeting resale value . If only they had spiced up the engine a wee bit....sigh..it would have been a totally different story
Old 7th September 2006, 23:09   #17
Team-BHP Support

either the cedia select or the honda city vtec. both are good options for under 10lakhs. corolla executive isnt advisable as its a completely stripped down version. no alloys even. not worth it just for the size or the name.
Old 8th September 2006, 02:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

the lancer cedia would get my vote. I would have recommended the civic if the budget would have been around 12.

Cedia has proven its worth on the Indian Rallying scene.

a generation older than the civic in India, it offers excellent value for the price. The best braking efficiency and good comfort define this car. Check out the new website of Mitsubishi-motors India
www.mitsubishi-motors.co.in

another good car would be optra 1.6LT.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 8th September 2006 at 02:46.
Old 8th September 2006, 03:08   #19

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

to make the choices easier,lets first figure out the traits that your friend would have liked about the petra.
1.the power.
2.handling
3.ride comfort.
now the cars which offer the above three under 10 lacs is obviously the petra 1.6,fiesta 1.6,optra 1.6,.he can also consider the nhc vtec,ford fusion(if he likes the idea of a big hatchback) r the mitsubishi cedia.
if he has liked the petra so much,he can add better alloys,wider tyres and to spruce up the interiors he can go for full leather upholstery on the seats,door panel,dashboard,gear stalk etc etc.nothing like a black petra with chrome wheels and beige leather interiors.whew!!
Old 8th September 2006, 08:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Yep, Mitsubishi Cedia is a great car too, how did I miss this one?
Old 8th September 2006, 22:33   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639
either the cedia select or the honda city vtec. both are good options for under 10lakhs. corolla executive isnt advisable as its a completely stripped down version. no alloys even. not worth it just for the size or the name.
Bangalore OTR price is 10L. Dealers are open to negotiate a bit as well. The new Civic is miles ahead of Corolla but make not mistake, Corolla is a class above NHC and alloys don't cost much. For a budget of 10L, Corolla gets my vote.
Old 8th September 2006, 23:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude
Bangalore OTR price is 10L. Dealers are open to negotiate a bit as well. The new Civic is miles ahead of Corolla but make not mistake, Corolla is a class above NHC and alloys don't cost much. For a budget of 10L, Corolla gets my vote.

Please dont compare NHC with corolla . It may be boring to look at compared to the new snazzy civic but still not as funny looking as the NHC . It still has one of the rock revving engines ..I dont think even cedia mill comes close to this and subte touches can turn this executive sedan to one helluva looker too
Old 9th September 2006, 00:28   #23
BHPian

"under 10 lacs" can you be more specific pls their is a whole lot of cars coming under this bracket. also what are your priorities, comfort, ride, interiors, brand value, FE, performance, no matter what when you are taking a car you must go the whole hog and look for everything so that you end up your well earned money to your satisfaction, here is my list of cars you must consider in desending order.
1. cedia( roughly a lac cheaper)
2. corolla
3. optra 1.6 elite
4. city vtec
5. fiat adventure
6. fiesta 1.6
7. scorpio
8. safari

now dont tell me that s a long list take your time
Old 9th September 2006, 02:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
..I dont think even cedia mill comes close to this and subte touches can turn this executive sedan to one helluva looker too
They dont call cedia the Indian rally king for no reason. Cedia won the last rally held in India. Why doesnt toyota put the corolla to competition? its been in INdia for quite some time now.

More horses dont always make a better performance car, otherwise American muscle were still the best.

y not spend the same money on a cedia and make it an even better looker. Cedia is more loaded compared to a corolla in the same price range. It is a value for money proposition. Now only if civic were retialing at 10....... (I wish)
Old 9th September 2006, 11:56   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
Please dont compare NHC with corolla . It may be boring to look at compared to the new snazzy civic but still not as funny looking as the NHC . It still has one of the rock revving engines ..I dont think even cedia mill comes close to this and subte touches can turn this executive sedan to one helluva looker too
Please read my post again. I said Corolla is a class above NHC so I am not comparing NHC to Corolla.
Old 9th September 2006, 12:54   #26
Team-BHP Support

Why does the NHC Vtec not qualify? It is a lot of fun this side of an Octy RS. Throw in leather interiors and some dodads. and it can be plush too.
Old 9th September 2006, 13:40   #27
BANNED

Cedia sounds good if you can get it for under 10.
Old 11th September 2006, 20:45   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Cedia sounds good if you can get it for under 10.
exactly, HM messed up by taking it to corolla, had they introduced it with this price who knows...

Quote:
Why does the NHC Vtec not qualify? It is a lot of fun this side of an Octy RS. Throw in leather interiors and some dodads. and it can be plush too.
and continuing your argument let the buyer decide it, nobdy is comapering vtec with corolla but on its own its a strong contender, no problems with interiors, space is class leading, FE, performacne brand value yup you miss ABS sorely but that part it gives many of those a run for their money in terms of driving pleasure
Old 11th September 2006, 21:03   #29
BHPian

Hey,
I think the Corolla executive is a great choice and if he's worried about fuel, then the elantra Crdi..(Good discounts). Its a great ride. Down the line, give it Pete's tuning and its a stonker you've got.
SUV fans would love the Safari Dicor.
In Delhi, you can get base Optra for under 8L.

Cheers,
dMH
Old 25th September 2006, 01:01   #30
BHPian

I think the Corolla H1 (with Alloys, ABS, Music sys/1CD player, Airbags, Keyless entry/alarm, etc.) shoud be available for a rate about 39-35000/- over the Executive. Should be a better buy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks