Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2006, 08:20   #1

Used Ford Fusion+ or NHC - which one?

Hi Guys !

I'm from chennai. I'm in the market for a pre owned car. My Budget is around 5 lac. I identified two cars in my budget range. It would be great if you could give your thought on this. Following are the details of the cars...

1.Ford Fusion+ with ABS, Alloy wheels & fully loaded. Feb 2006 model, Nice interiors. Owner is quoting INR 5.6 lac.

2.NHC Exi 1.3, Aug 2003 model with all basic accessories. Car condition is good. Owner's quoting price is INR 5.35 lac.

My daily commutation will be around 25Kms. I would go for a long drive once every month. My priorities are handling, riding comfort, economy...

1.What is the best price for this Fusion+ & NHC 1.3 ?
2.Is CNG kit option available for Fusion+ ?
3.Which car will suit my needs?

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th September 2006, 08:36   #2
Team-BHP Support

Fusion worth is it around the 5L mark. Worth it if you are keeping it for a while. If keeping for a couple of years, go for the Honda.

Honda is the safest but the fusion will give you a lot of driving zing
Old 14th September 2006, 10:41   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_vj
2.NHC Exi 1.3, Aug 2003 model with all basic accessories. Car condition is good. Owner's quoting price is INR 5.35 lac.
Sorry. NHC is Aug 2004 model.
Old 16th September 2006, 12:12   #4
BHPian

I think you are talking about Old Honda City which came in 1.3 Exi trim. Fusion seems to be better here looking at the additional specs and 1.6 engine. However, the prices of new Fusion have been reduced and I think you get a new one around that price but without some features. A first hand is any day better than Second hand car, so check it out.
Old 16th September 2006, 14:07   #5
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Go for the Fusion+, The newer fusion has been stripped off a lot of goodies when u compare it to the Older FUSION+ model that u are getting. Haggle a bit with the owner now since the upgraded model is in the market.
Old 18th September 2006, 10:42   #6

Guys thanks for your comments.

If going for Fusion+, how about maintainence cost & resale value involved in it. I heard Ford cars are more prone to high maintainence cost. Will there be a significant difference? I am panning to keep this car for another 3-4 years time. Is Fusion+ worthy over City in above terms?
Old 18th September 2006, 15:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nope, not IMHO. ford fusion, after 3 years will not be worth much. just look at the ikons lined up in the used car showrooms. there is not many people to take an used ford, purely for the maintenance part. if you are serious about the resale value, get the Honda City & bargain that price, man. 5.35l is way too much. get it from the owner straight, instead of the broker. cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks