Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2006, 12:17   #1
BHPian

Which car to buy?

Hello friends,

I am planning to buy a new car and my budget is Rs.5.75 lacs.I had a test drive in Maruti Esteem.The car is good but it is now older design.As I am not aware of the cars in this segment and price range, I am getting more confused.I already have a Maruti SWIFT and so looking for a car other than hatchback.

Please let me know which will be the best option fitting in my budget.The main factors I am looking for is:
1.Fuel economy
2.Comfort
3.Easy avialbility of spares
4.Good interiors
5.Good handling

Thanks and Regards,
Rajendra
Old 18th September 2006, 12:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

The options (other than Esteem) in your budget are Baleno, Accent, Petra, Ikon Flair, Lancer etc. Stretch your budget and you could have the 1.4L Aveo/Fiesta also in range.

Among the above, considering your 5 requirements, Baleno definitely scores in 1, 2 and 3. Interiors, however, are plain jane black plastic. Handling is pretty much debatable - I find it pretty good after 12000kms of using it. Some might disagree. Add good performance, the solid and wide-spread Maruti service network, the best A/c in its class and low maintenance (only Accent has lower maintenance costs than it) and you have a winner.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 18th September 2006 at 12:48.
Old 18th September 2006, 12:47   #3
BHPian

Hi Rajendra,

With that budget, I think you can go for the Baleno LXI model. Since, you already have one Maruti in the family, you should be able to get fantastic loyalty bonus on top of loads of discounts that already exist.

Given that you are confused about the options and assuming 5.75 is your on-road budget, you can consider the following sedans as well:

a) Accent 1.5 GLE
b) Indigo Petrol and Diesel( Depends on your running)
c) Ford Ikon
d) Fiat Petra

Give us more details regarding your requirements about usage, importance of resale value.

Thanks,
Sumit
Old 18th September 2006, 12:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

Getting everything in one package may be abit of a problem. So you have to compromise on something.

Overall, given your budget, i would say the Baleno LXi is the best bet for you.

the interiors are a bit of a let down but handling is pretty decent, and can be furhter improved with VXi spec tyres.

If you can stretch your buudget a bit AND haggle really hard, you should also consider the baleno VXi. IMHO, that is a better deal than the LXi.
Old 18th September 2006, 12:54   #5
BHPian

[The options (other than Esteem) in your budget are Baleno, Accent, Petra, Ikon Flair, Lancer etc. Stretch your budget and you could have the 1.4L Aveo/Fiesta also in range. ]

Supremebaleno, would the lancer fit into the budget provided its only 5.75lacs. If yes, what would be the indicative price.

Thanks,
Sumit
Old 18th September 2006, 12:57   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Topic has been discussed extensively before. Please use the search function to find relevant threads within the "What Car?" forum.

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks