Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2006, 14:34   #1

Folks,
I am new here and this is my first post. I own a civic AT in US and enjoy its reliability and comfort. I am planning to buy an Automatic for my mother in Tamilnadu but unable to make a decision so far.

I have been considering Santro AT for while having thought NHC as too pricey. Any way, I just came across a post in this forum (by rishi_kapoor) having given good revs about lancer AT. I didn't know before that HM had an AT variant. Somewhere in a corner of their website, ex-showroom price of lancer 1.8 AT is shown as Rs 6.97 lacs. For this pricepoint, lancer AT looks very attractive for a sedan.

Is this price correct? Does anyone have recent experience with lancer AT?(purchase, research, TD etc).

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Cheers
Old 24th September 2006, 19:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welome mate..
Yeah i was impressed by Rishi's report. I made enquiry here for Lancer 1.8 automatic and on road price was 10L. Cedia it was 10.3 laks.
Santro is doing quite good in the AT segment for city use. Recently one one of my relatives (middle ages) bought eventhough he is not living in a city.
Regards,
Mahesh.
Old 24th September 2006, 20:39   #3
Senior - BHPian

www.mitsubishi-motors.co.in

The website has the price quoted at 6.97. And with the One price in the nation policy, the dealer has to sell the car at that ex-showroom price.

invecs is a good car and those who have bought it are enjoying it. Average FE from the 1.8 is 10 kmpl which is pretty good.

check out the website and then take a test-drive before deciding.
Old 25th September 2006, 18:45   #4
BHPian

Automatic - Euro II norms

Hi - I had checked about this car - they said that it cannot be registered in Delhi - because it does not meet Euro III emission norms - only Euro II norms - it could be registered in Faridabad
So all metro cities it might be hard to get it registered
Also the dealer spec sheet had the price at 8.76 lacs for the invex and 6.97 for the 1.5 LXI - this might be a typo on the site
Old 25th September 2006, 23:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if there is a typo on the website. The reason is that they have reduced a lot of extras in the car to negate the engine price.

Last edited by adya33 : 26th September 2006 at 00:52.
Old 26th September 2006, 11:45   #6

Lancer 1.8 AT

I spoke to one Mr. Maruthachalam HM rep at coimbatore. He stated that 6.97 is for EuroII and Euro III will cost 16K more. He promised to email me a complete quotation with all the details , but I am yet to receive it.
Old 26th September 2006, 12:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infizr
I spoke to one Mr. Maruthachalam HM rep at coimbatore. He stated that 6.97 is for EuroII and Euro III will cost 16K more. He promised to email me a complete quotation with all the details , but I am yet to receive it.
When did you send it? and when did he commit he will send details?
I rand up the HM sales guy here in HYD and he told he will mail me with the details. My enquiry was on assured resale value on Cedia. This was two weeks back and he told he will send back in a day or so. Till now no replies!!!
Old 26th September 2006, 15:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantw1
Hi - I had checked about this car - they said that it cannot be registered in Delhi - because it does not meet Euro III emission norms - only Euro II norms - it could be registered in Faridabad
So all metro cities it might be hard to get it registered
Same response I got here in Kolkata late last year - when I last enquired. The advertised low prices are apparently for BSII models and hence not applicable for metros and cities where BSIII is mandatory.
Old 27th September 2006, 08:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So that will be 7.13. Do press for some discounts or ask for 14" alloys, spoiler and leather upholstery if you decide to buy one.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 27th September 2006 at 08:22.
Old 27th September 2006, 14:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so much for HM's before sales service. i wonder how many clients they are seriously attending to, in their showrooms that they cannot respond to a prospective buyer.
Old 28th September 2006, 11:08   #11

I called him couple of days ago. The guy said, he will send me email right away.. But no email yet.
Old 28th September 2006, 12:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I called him couple of days ago. The guy said, he will send me email right away.. But no email yet.
mm.. I am not surprised. I was watching how fast did you get a reply. If their pre sales interest is this, whats the after sales? but i haven't heard many people complaining on A** here as much as complaints on other products like Palio, Honda etc...May be many haven't simply bought a Lancer!!
Old 28th September 2006, 19:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

at my previous job, I was instructed to not send e-mails with information when some1 party instructs too. The reason given was, e-mail isnt as effective as actual sales pitch.

The people were the CEO's and COO's of multi-nationals.

maybe the same principal applies here.

Just a thought. It is also possible they are plain careless.
Old 3rd November 2006, 17:06   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Finally, have you been able to buy it at that price? I checked the prices with local HM rep and he said there is no way a E-III Invecs can be sold by HM at that price.
Old 3rd November 2006, 17:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

I checked out the price in Bangalore. Lancer 1.8 Automatic (Euro 2) will cost 7.6 lakhs on road. Since its Euro 2, its registration can't be done in Bangalore city - it has to be outside the city. I asked for Euro 3, they said they don't make it (not sure how true is this).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks