Team-BHP - Verna or NHC Confusion
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Verna or NHC Confusion (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/17552-verna-nhc-confusion.html)

Folks,

I am (or was !) considering buying the NHC GXi. But it looks like the Verna changes everything.

The main criteria for me is good resale value. I plan to drive the car in the city (Bangalore) and sell it in about 2 years time. I like the Honda brand better and the NHC is quite refined. If they were to offer discounts, I would probably buy the NHC over the Verna.

Any thoughts?

-Wiz

If you are comparing NHC to Verna Petrol, then you are better off with NHC as in general Hondas command far superior resale value compared to Hyundai.

The only time I remembered Honda offering substantial discount was when NHC was being introduced and they wanted to get rid of OHC stock so don't bet on discounts from Honda, Verna or otherwise.

honda in petrol and hyundai in diesels. its simple now i feel to decide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizofoz
Folks,

I am (or was !) considering buying the NHC GXi. But it looks like the Verna changes everything.

The main criteria for me is good resale value. I plan to drive the car in the city (Bangalore) and sell it in about 2 years time. I like the Honda brand better and the NHC is quite refined. If they were to offer discounts, I would probably buy the NHC over the Verna.

Any thoughts?

-Wiz

Confusion season starts! Too premature probably for an educated response.

wizofoz
The math is simple

2 yrs of ownersHip +BangalOre usage + brand Name
low Depriciation + teambhp Advice = HONDA.
:I Rule: clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wizofoz
Folks,

Any thoughts?

-Wiz

I think you go and test drive nhc and verna you will be surprised with Hyundai quality and refinement to me nhc started looking overpriced with there made in Thailand components which is much inferior to Korean made component

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondadude
..so don't bet on discounts from Honda, Verna or otherwise.

Early September, Honda was giving 10K off for individual registration cases and 20K for company registration cases for all variants of the City ZX in Kolkata. This is without any negotiation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thil
wizofoz
The math is simple

2 yrs of ownersHip +BangalOre usage + brand Name
low Depriciation + teambhp Advice = HONDA.
:I Rule: clap:

lol...nice one. i too feel that if it is petrol, then it has to be Honda.

I love ALpine, but I use Pio and JBL, similarly I love Honda but drive Hyundai and Bajaj. VFM!

Last day I came across an ICE installation on a City. I was surprised to see a crap (all plastic) speaker on a Honda product!

And, A.S.S. ; Hyundai rules!

jkdas! good point!

WIZOFOZ: IMHO, for the price and all and the VFM factor, the Verna petrol is a great car and lovely deal! Fully loaded Verna, vs. the NHC Gxi, the Verna beats it outright, with the awesome Wooden Trims, Alloys, lovely looking Foglights, and the new VTVT Engine is also known to be good.

My cousin has the NHC GXi as a second car in his family, and he jus hates it, and so do i, compared to the VERNA now. the Braking is pathetic in NHC, and pickup is lousy! unless u are looking for the NHC VTEC.

I suggest the VERNA outright! and as jkdas pointed out, A.S.S of Hyundai is very good! especially in Hyderabad, HONDA sucks big time! the horrible service, similar to a govt.hospital service given by the Sundaram, unbearable! i know how we had to go thru 5 years or tolerating their service!

While with the Hyundai service here, i wud give them 5 stars!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil
My cousin has the NHC GXi as a second car in his family, and he jus hates it, and so do i, compared to the VERNA now. the Braking is pathetic in NHC, and pickup is lousy!

lol: and now the NHC complaints will suddenly start tumbling out......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
and now the NHC complaints will suddenly start tumbling out......

I like competition:)

Quote:

My cousin has the NHC GXi as a second car in his family, and he jus hates it, and so do i, compared to the VERNA now.
Quote:

the Braking is pathetic in NHC, and pickup is lousy! unless u are looking for the NHC VTEC.

whose braking, i presume is superior to the gxi, not to speak of hyundai verna.

Hyundai verna at same trim level is about 1 lakh cheaper than the NHC. Diesel costs the same.
Take your pick.
Even if hyundai;s 103 horses are suffering from Kwashiorker, they will offer more than NHCs 77 persian ones.
But the 108 horses on the diesel will surely be well fed and fit.

As for *** and peace of mind, there is not much to choose. Hyundai takes care of its customers in most cases and dont sell lemons usually. Honda makes more refined engines etc., but then their support and service network lets the customer down sometimes.

Have had extensive experience with Maruti, hyundai and Tata on service front, Hyundai was the best, and the worst, well no comments :D.

In the end it all comes down to what you want. what you feel happy in. Logic works only in clear cut cases which are so rare in the automobile industry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
lol: and now the NHC complaints will suddenly start tumbling out......

Skeletons in the cupboardrl: