Verna 1.6 92 83.64%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2017, 13:26   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift vs Hyundai Verna 1.6L CRDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
For people in need of ground clearance, pay a slight premium and you can have the Creta, which offers best of both worlds.
I somehow don't feel a pull towards the Creta, doesn't feel special, even as special as the Verna.

Btw, my choice would be the Verna too, looks gorgeous and would be a better car to drive.
Old 15th October 2017, 11:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congratulations! The car looks hot in that colour .

Now, it's time for you to return the favour and treat us all to an ownership review . Will greatly help others considering the same car.

We might be getting different variants of the Verna at our office this week. I'm looking forward to taking Hyundai's latest to Lonavla.
Thanks to GTO and everyone else. I took the delivery of the handsome brute today. Here are some photos! The delivery issues were sorted out well by the sales manager and I had no issues.
Just 10km on the odo when I picked the car up. Planning a 1000 km from 18-21 Oct this Deepavali
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift vs Hyundai Verna 1.6L CRDi-img20171015wa0022.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift vs Hyundai Verna 1.6L CRDi-img20171015wa0023.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift vs Hyundai Verna 1.6L CRDi-img20171015wa0024.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift vs Hyundai Verna 1.6L CRDi-img20171015wa0025.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift vs Hyundai Verna 1.6L CRDi-img20171015wa0026.jpg  

bhpfaninblr is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 10:10   #18
BHPian

The car now feels complete with the "Live to Drive" Sticker. Team BHP!

Just wish the sticker was pastable on the front glass from the inside
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift vs Hyundai Verna 1.6L CRDi-img20171028wa0003.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift vs Hyundai Verna 1.6L CRDi-img20171028wa0004.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift vs Hyundai Verna 1.6L CRDi-img20171028wa0006.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.3L Facelift vs Hyundai Verna 1.6L CRDi-img20171028wa0005.jpg  

bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 10:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congratulations! The car looks hot in that colour .

Now, it's time for you to return the favour and treat us all to an ownership review . Will greatly help others considering the same car.

We might be getting different variants of the Verna at our office this week. I'm looking forward to taking Hyundai's latest to Lonavla.
The car has been amazing and thanks for your advice. It has been a while since GTO took a test Verna to Lonavala. I see that the Jeep 1.4 Turbo is going to the hills and we await the official review of the Verna!

GTOs post was all it took for me to book the Verna!
Old 12th May 2018, 17:26   #20
BANNED

I have similar dilemma, not so similar though!

Planning to change my car. Test drove a lot between 9-10 lakh Ex-SR and finally zeroed on the following two:
  • Suzuki S-Cross Zeta 1.3 Diesel
  • Hyundai Verna SX 1.6 Petrol
Strange, yes I admit. That is why I need help. Let me explain, how I came to this situation, where I am pitting a diesel cross-over against a petrol sedan.

My usual running of around 10K a year says I need a petrol. So I test drove all petrol cars available in my budgeted price range (9-10 lakh ex-showroom) and Verna was the clear winner among them based on feature, ride quality, driving comfort, passengers comfort and look. But, while in Nexa, checking over Ciaz, just stumbled upon that beautiful grey colored S-Cross. After couple of test drives, me and family can’t ignore the utility and space it provides over Verna.

Now, I can’t help with the fact that S-cross has no petrol engine. But, they both comes in similar price range, hence paying extra for a diesel over petrol calculation does not come into picture here. But, I am hearing horrible mileage story of Verna petrol. As per my understanding, there will be at least a clear 4-5 KMPL or even more advantage in mileage in S-cross. I am planning to keep the car for 7 years. So a quick calculation on cost of ownership (thanks to GTO for that wonderful post) tilt towards S-cross for my kind of usage. Again, if Verna gives me an overall single digit KMPL, it would be difficult for me to maintain with my running.

Again, if I consider S-Cross, that would be the first diesel in my entire family history, means I have zero experience in owning and maintaining a modern turbo diesel (would that be a negative? I have no idea).

My Drive pattern is mostly sedate; gear shifts are text book. My usage is like 80% b2b city drive and 20% highways and ghats. 8 months in a year my car will see me at the pilot seat where my wife and 4 year old at the rear. But, for the rest 4 months, I will have an extra pair of parents as passengers.

When I am considering look and feel good factor, Verna wins hand down. Again, if I consider practicality and utility for a family with kids and old parents, Verna has no match for S-Cross.

All are welcome to confuse me more, please.
Old 12th May 2018, 17:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Go with S cross. Unless you are comparing creature comforts such as seat AC and sunroof, S cross matches Verna. Mileage too should be far better then 1.6 petrol.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 01:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
e will be at least a clear 4-5 KMPL or even more advantage in mileage in S-cross.....

Again, if I consider S-Cross, that would be the first diesel in my entire family history, means I have zero experience in owning and maintaining a modern turbo diesel (would that be a negative? I have no idea).
If you're so concerned about FE, buy the Ciaz diesel. It'll sip less than the S-Cross and it's a lighter car. It isn't as dynamically established as the S-Cross though. No extra effort required to own a diesel car- just fill it, forget it and drive.

Verna is better for your requirements.
Don't you want to consider the Yaris CVT/(upcoming) Ciaz AT?

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 13th May 2018 at 01:14.
landcruiser123 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 11:04   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Go with S cross. Unless you are comparing creature comforts such as seat AC and sunroof, S cross matches Verna. Mileage too should be far better then 1.6 petrol.
+1 to the SCross because:

* For city driving in B2B traffic, you will appreciate the low-end torque of the diesel.
* The car has a bit of of a premium look/stance (??subjective)
AutoSphere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 14:50   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Thank you, exactly the reason why S-cross is now having an upper hand. My only concern, the recommendation for petrol for low running is just the initial price difference, or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
If you're so concerned about FE, buy the Ciaz diesel. It'll sip less than the S-Cross and it's a lighter car. It isn't as dynamically established as the S-Cross though. No extra effort required to own a diesel car- just fill it, forget it and drive.

Verna is better for your requirements.
Don't you want to consider the Yaris CVT/(upcoming) Ciaz AT?
Somehow family members could not have a comfortable sitting at rear seat of Ciaz, mostly due to lower seat placement. Yaris and City costs one and half lakh more than Verna and S-cross; way beyond my initial budget. I test drove City though, but could not justify the extra premium it charges. As my major running is in b2b traffic, I cannot even enjoy the v-tec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSphere View Post
+1 to the SCross because:

* For city driving in B2B traffic, you will appreciate the low-end torque of the diesel.
* The car has a bit of of a premium look/stance (??subjective)
I liked the low end torque and high sitting position of S-cross. But, Verna also feels good at low end. Both looks good at their respective categories IMO.
Old 17th May 2018, 14:10   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
  • Suzuki S-Cross Zeta 1.3 Diesel
  • Hyundai Verna SX 1.6 Petrol

Thank you everyone for wonderful suggestions and also thanks to everyone who put up those beautiful ownership threads.

Finally, Verna it is . Booking done on last evening, now the wait begins.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks