Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2006, 02:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

Second hand optra as an option for 5-5.5 lakhs

Guys Chevrolet optra 1.6 and sometimes even the 1.8 versions are available in the seconds market for about 5-5.5 lakhs.But I am still to come across a query about a second hand optra[around 2004 model] on team-bhp.Are we overlooking this car or is this something like the opel astra again and buying a pre-owned one is akin to shooting oneself in the foot.

I at present am not looking out for this car,so cannot post any specific requirements.But would like to know your opinions so that it can help others in selecting a car.

Would team-bhpians recommend buying a pre-owned chevrolet optra .
These models are pre-VGIS engines so FE would not be on the higher side but can anybody help with figures[please indicate 1.6/1.8].Also does it cost a bomb to maintain the optra especially once it ages and is without warranty.

Ps: I am not sure where exactly to post this but I thought what car should be appropriate
Old 15th December 2006, 11:15   #2
BHPian

I've seen ads in classifieds for 2004 optras 1.6 with prices quoted in the range of 4.5 L

~A
Old 15th December 2006, 12:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Are we overlooking this car or is this something like the opel astra again and buying a pre-owned one is akin to shooting oneself in the foot.
I have a pre-owned Astra 2000 Model and it is definitely not akin to shooting yourself in the foot.

As for Optra, I have seen a Dec. 2003 LT ( Automatic) model , 34K mileage go at 4.9 L in Delhi.
IMO ... tremendous VFM !
Old 15th December 2006, 12:28   #4
BANNED

Get a 2 year old car and get an extended 2 year/40,000 km warranty. Should be a pretty good investment I think.
Old 15th December 2006, 15:12   #5
BANNED

i love the optra 1.8lt i had one for a month and can say its nice. whats the bad part about it, well the FE is so so so bad. fuel bills can be a little high with that car in your garage. i loved it because of the sunroof.
Old 15th December 2006, 15:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

1 yr old at 6.5lac!!!! was worth right?Think it was the Royale
Old 18th December 2006, 00:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Spare parts of GM cars tend to be real expensive,How is it with the optra? Also how is GM a.s.s. now

Yes FE is a problem with optra,but still if the above mentioned are not much of a problem then it is really a steal for buyers who will not drive that much/fuel bills taken care of by company.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks