Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2006, 05:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

WHile I am a complete fan of mitsubishi lancer 1.8 and like it very much, I wouldnt recommend buying one before trying it. many people not including me have not been happy with the performance. But then its year end and the low success will also get you discounts and freebies on this price.

Fiesta seems to be the best choice here.

And no NHC is not smaller than the lancer.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 18th December 2006 at 05:47.
Old 23rd December 2006, 13:36   #17

Quote:
Just for the record, I am looking for a vehicle thats fun to drive, has a nice responsive engine, has a great suspension and low NVH (Coming from a Corsa) and handles well..Fuel efficiency is a consideration but not a very big one as long as the FE isn't too bad (say ~10 with AC in the city)
Hi, if you are looking for something with Corsa like built & suspension, fun to drive (I bet), nice responsive engine, FE 9-10 with AC in city and presently available at less than 6L on road. The answer is simply Fiat Palio Adventure 1.6. Look no further. You would find numerous people in this forum agreeing to it and also a few threads confirming my view. However strangely, you'll not find many on the roads. But the owners can't help going ga ga over it.

Finally, it's yr decision. Take yr time and needn't hurry. All the best.
Old 19th January 2007, 16:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

You should definately go in for the VERNA ..........
Old 19th January 2007, 17:34   #19
BHPian

Forget about Verna not seeing on roads. It will definitely be a popular car like Accent in the long run. If you like it buy it. It will give much lesser headaches than other cars since the a.s.s. of hyundai is the best after Maruti and the running costs will also be less compared to others. You can choose between the Xi and XXi depending on your budget. You may get ABS and rear disc brakes as an option with Verna for extra 20,000 bucks.

If you're driving single mostly and is a performance car fan then Fiesta 1.6 is the best. It has got the best performance in the segment. But as you said Ford's service is doubtful as well as running costs are high. Also it has got lesser interior space than Verna.

Honda City scores in mileage and some nice interiors. NVH level is actually better for Verna Petrol than NHC as per auto magazines like Autocar. The advantage on NHC is actually its mileage figures. But don't be surprised if people are quoting lesser mileage figures also. Most of the high mileage figures quoted are actually not true.

Lancer old model though outdated is the best amongst all. Its a different segment car.

In the midsize segment as an allrounder Verna wins, as a performer Fiesta wins.

All the best.........
Old 19th January 2007, 18:13   #20
BHPian

Guys, Thanks for all the inputs but this purchase will have to be put on hold for a couple of months as I am shifting to Bangalore in March so it does not makes sense for me to get a TN registered vehicle from here to Bangalore...

Thanks for all the inputs!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks