Team-BHP - Pre-owned Optra / Pre-owned Accent CRDi / New Tata Indigo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Pre-owned Optra / Pre-owned Accent CRDi / New Tata Indigo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/21364-pre-owned-optra-pre-owned-accent-crdi-new-tata-indigo.html)

Hey people!

Nice to have such a wonderful site onboard with lots of information. I had been a silent guest for long and but as i need to decide my next car... I thought why not take opinion of people around Team-BHP.[/COLOR]

Cars short listed -Pre-owned Optra / Pre-owned Accent CRDi / New Tata Indigo

Price range - 4-4.5 for pre-owned / 5.5-6 for New

Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations - Should be prompt and pocket friendly :)

Average distance traveled per day - Daily running not less than 60-70 Km

Where car will be mostly used (city / highway / rough roads etc) - Marjory in City limits i.e. Delhi. Occasionally outside Delhi tour with family

Chauffer driven / self driven - Depends sometime i too have to drive myself.

Whether the vehicle will be shared by other members of family - It will be entirely driven by me only.

Any specific requirements from car (ex. Better luggage space, responsive engine, rear seat comfort) - It should be cheap on running cost................... According to my calculations Optra (Further converted in CNG) will be cheapest option to drive. Also, as my major running will be in Delhi City only where CNG pumps are enormous, so no particular problem regarding refilling and waiting lines stuff. + a bit greedy and fascinated towards the comfort, status and luxury provided in Optra :) However, if CNG optra ruled out (any how, which I actually don’t want by heart) I would like to opt for a 8-9 month old Accent CRDi which definitely delivers more value then it`s pre-owned price tag, which again I found cheaper to drive car. Lastly, I have the Tata Indigo (Non-Dicor) in my mind as it will be available on great discounts at financial year closing season i.e. March end.
How long you intend on keeping this car (and how important resale is to you) - At least for 3-4 Years.

I’ll be driving alone. Occasionally with family of 5, including me.

As I am more inclined towards CNG Optra, it would be really informative to know the Service cost of optra or something like AMC can be purchased from GM only to support and minimize any service cost.

Lastly, I am open to any suggestion regarding any other car in the price bracket available. Hope to hear from you Guys soon.

Ashish

How about a new discounted Baleno? But you have to hurry up if you want one.

Personlly i do not like the front shape of Baleno --- the only reason.

Ashish

In your budget since you plan to afford the maintaince costs of a sub 6L car, you go for either the accent crdi or Indigo.
If you are 5 people the accent will be smallish, so indigo is your best option, and a DICOR will cost you less than 6L.

Somehow, i feel the Optra fits the bill here. CNG not being a problem in Delhi, it makes sense.

How about a used corolla ?
1.Good mileage
2.Nice service
3.Comfortable interiors
4.Can be got for 5.5-6 lacs appr
5.Quite powerful

tsk >>>
I suppose price of a dicor is around 5.8 lakh ex-showroom delhi + local taxes it should not be less than 6.25 onroad.

max bhp >>>
its hard to find a well-maintained corolla in this price bracket i think.... but yes definetly a nice option to look into.

ben>>
apart from cng, it seem also seems viable as pre-owned optra holds a low-resale value, like 2004-05 can be easily found witin 4.25-4.75 bracket that too well-maintained.

Used Accent CRDi or used Optra fits your bill I feel!

You can consider new Indigo as well, but I don't suggest DICOR engines including Accent in India because diesel available in India is ofvery bad quality too much of adulteration, so used diesel cars will show age very fast :(

In long run its Petrol which will make sense if you do proper math!

Ravi.

You can close your eyes and go for the Optra. Service costs are second cheapest in the segment next to only the Elantra. Dont worry about the service its cheap.

>>i do not like the front shape of Baleno

I suggest you shed your feelings against the Baleno, and consider it seriously. It'll sure be a LOT cheaper to run and maintain than the Optra or the Accent. Japanese technology rules, man! The history has proven it.

Indigo? No, No.

Quote:

Used Accent CRDi or used Optra fits your bill I feel!

You can consider new Indigo as well, but I don't suggest DICOR engines including Accent in India because diesel available in India is ofvery bad quality too much of adulteration, so used diesel cars will show age very fast :(

In long run its Petrol which will make sense if you do proper math!

Ravi.
Ravi, in my case i have to mostly roam in delhi.... i was already using the Indica from last 2 yrs... was overall satisfied with the performance and pocket friendliness.

Quote:

You can close your eyes and go for the Optra. Service costs are second cheapest in the segment next to only the Elantra. Dont worry about the service its cheap.
Busa... u are suggesting it on the basis of avg. service cost... which is usually FOC in case of new cars due to spl. service packages offered by Company like one offered by GM i.e. 3yr / 40000km service holiday.... or the service cost apart from these spl. packages.

Quote:

I suggest you shed your feelings against the Baleno, and consider it seriously. It'll sure be a LOT cheaper to run and maintain than the Optra or the Accent. Japanese technology rules, man! The history has proven it.
Amu.. even i was fascinated pedaling baleno and maruti`s service backup but coudn`t make the space of it`s shape in my fascination. :)

Ashish

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashthedivx (Post 374686)
Price range - 4-4.5 for pre-owned / 5.5-6 for New

I would like to opt for a 8-9 month old Accent CRDi which definitely delivers more value then it`s pre-owned price tag, which again I found cheaper to drive car. Ashish

8-9 month old Accent CRDI wont come for 4.5 Lakhs, It would be more in the range of 6.00 Lakhs, A 4.5 Lakh Accent CRDI would be easily 3-4 years old.

Dear Ashthedivx,

Have you considered Swift VDI ... it on road 5.4 in delhi and has got cute look and great engine. the only thing it does not have is a tail ;) ..

the swift vdi is a good choice and if u can wait then you can try out the getz diesel which is yet to be launched in the month of march and where as buying a second hand accent crdi i dont think you might be getting it for about 4.5-5 lacs range.the optra is a comfortable one with great interiors and all the stuff but when it comes to the ride its not that great in that range of cars

bayuin>>>
getz is no where expected before may-june... however which car decision has to be finalised by march end anyhow