Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2007, 20:53   #1

Whether to buy 2000 model Baleno ?

Hello people ,

Am new to this forum . i would like to buy a second- owned sedan in 2 - 2.5 lacs budget.I chose the 2000 model maruti baleno . i have made some enquiries with some dealers and found two cars which r in stock condition and have clocked 61000 kms and Second owner . The Suspension's are fine too . they are quoting a price 2.40 lacs. As Maruti has stopped the production of Baleno ,will there be a deprication in the re-sale value from now on ? . I kindly request the fellow Team - Bhp ians to advice me on this issue, will i able to get a better deal than this ?
Old 26th February 2007, 21:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

Someone else from chennai had also identified a baleno with similar specs. rock18, i think.

get the vehicle thoroughly checked before buying. dont fall for the engine & gearbox warranty as you dont require those if you find the car is in good shape. Forget resale value as you will be the 3rd owner of the car & a very old baleno.
Old 26th February 2007, 21:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

well i suggest you wait a bit...this fall in price has just started its deep decent...61000kms is a bit too much though...
Old 26th February 2007, 21:26   #4
Team-BHP Support

There are more than 270 threads on Baleno in this forum.

A suggestion: Spend time on reading those. You'll get your answer.

Frankly, I don't see any concrete reply coming up. Going through those threads will give you a better understanding. And that's one of the big idea behind this forum.
Old 26th February 2007, 21:26   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Not recommended- Baleno spares are not typical Maruti cheap. You might look for a newer preowned Esteem for the same price.
Old 28th February 2007, 12:07   #6
BHPian

2.4 lakhs for 6 year old car is kinda steep.
If the car is really in good condition (read articles on buying a used car on this forum or Google), and... if you have zeroed in on Baleno (not willing to consider any other car), then 2.2 / 2.3 lakhs should be OK.

At 2.4, the depreciation works out to be 15% pa compounded, which is okay, only if the car is really well-maintained.

If you are not sure about Baleno, please list your priorities (monthly driving, comfort, power, etc), and members here can suggest you a suitable car. But, if you go for this baleno, keep it for at least 2 years, otherwise you'll loose a lot on resale value.
Old 28th February 2007, 15:37   #7

the car is for almost day to day use . i would be doing atleast 50 kms per day so i am looking for a fuel -Efficeint car otherwise t ll burn my pockets off , and my driving is moderate most of the times . Except for few occasions where i push t to the Maximum . Looking for a Sedan in tat the budget of 2- 2.25 lacs . Can anyone suggest me other Sedan s th the budget i ve given ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks