Team-BHP - Current civic or Wait for Civic Facelift ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Current civic or Wait for Civic Facelift ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/22064-current-civic-wait-civic-facelift.html)

Worth buying a civic now ?Considering the fact Honda makes a statement few days ago that it will launch new version(Facelift) of it's all Variants Ex: civic ?..How much it will be differ from current Civic ? Nhc zx firstly launched in Thailand & then came here so Currently civic in Thailand is same as we get here except (2.0) & that has Side mirror indicators & fog lamps ..So we expect to get only Foglamps & side mirror indicator or tail lamps & headlamps also ?
Thanks For reading :)
Cheers Mate's

go in for the present CIVIC as it has hardly been a year since the CIVIC was launched ,and so the facelifted version will take time to come , and ne way there wouldnt be ne MAJOR change in the look ...... so the resale wouldnt be hampered ....

i dont think there will be a facelift anytime soon.. and what honda had said was that they would launch more variants of their cars.

This question is 1.5 years ahead of its time

Face lift...you shock all civic owners with this question...Definetly no change in the civic for a while..they've just launched it and its selling well...so no change required.

Honda will not do anything on the Civic for another year atleast. Its the fastest selling car in that segment and the competition is nowhere close to it right now (Corolla, Optra Royale, Skoda). Go for it now.

They are increasing Civic prices by 35K (approx) from March 15th. The tax holiday given by the UP govt has expired. So there's an extra 4% tax on their production which is being passed on to the customer. (Read this in Indian express, am trying to find a link to it)

So its better to get it now.

don't worry about the facelift to much it would be minor as done on city so go ahead and buy one

Have @ look here Honda

like i said.. variants..
just because theyre launching new variants dosent mean they hae to give it a facelift.. go ahead and buy the current civic and enjoy it.:)

yeah the one sold here is almost the top of the line 1.8. Wish they launched the 16" wheels atleast.

guess lower end variants are almost certain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 386872)
go in for the present CIVIC as it has hardly been a year since the CIVIC was launched ,and so the facelifted version will take time to come

Honda launched the OHC type 1 in 1998 and it was soon succeeded by the type 2 in 1999!! Though otherwise they have had two-three year intervals between facelifts.

manson.

Alrite Guys I'll Go for current one ...Now the problem is Should i take 25k Discount on 2006 make or go for 2007 instead ? & Some other dealer offers 35k +(5K with the help of a t-bhpian member) only on Red colour Red didn't look good on civic In my opinion anyways..From 15th march honda will hike 4% prices !

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson (Post 387006)
Honda launched the OHC type 1 in 1998 and it was soon succeeded by the type 2 in 1999!! Though otherwise they have had two-three year intervals between facelifts.

manson.

I am not so sure of that. I think TYpe-II came in late 2000 or early 2001.

I liked the earlier Honda Accord's design and IMHO the new design / facelift on Accord is not as good as the earlier one.

So in case the Civic's new design is not as good as the current Civic, then I guess that the current design would have been a better option at that point of time.

The current Civic's design is a 10/10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 387380)
I am not so sure of that. I think TYpe-II came in late 2000 or early 2001.

That's correct John, late 2000 was the launch.