Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2007, 15:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda City Exi or 2nd Accent GLE

Hi , I am in a bit of a dilemma, I already own a Santro and a 05 accent gle petrol, I drive around 35 kms everyday with occasional trip to delhi/jaipur totalling less than 1500 km's/month. I am very happy with my accent. I now wish to buy another car but cannot decide between the honda city exi or another accent, I know ppl might think I am crazy buying another accent but I feel the difference of more than 1.5l between the two cars is not justified. Please advise !!
Old 19th March 2007, 16:19   #2
BHPian

Buying a NHC over an Accent is advisable if you prefer

- More space - loads and loads of it, including a huge boot.
- More refined engine, with easy drivability within city.
- Better NVH.
- Better FE.
- Better interiors.
- Contemporary design.

On the downside, you'd get

- Slightly higher maintenance compared to Hyundai.
- Higher initial price.
- Less juice on the highways.

Both are excellent workhorses, known for their low running costs, reliablity and low maintenance.
Old 19th March 2007, 20:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks goldie for your reply. I do agree with you that NHC is more refined than accent. Do you have any idea of what the FE is for NHC. I see all sorts of figures here on this site, someone says 12 - 13 in city with AC, and someone mentiones around 20.
Old 19th March 2007, 21:04   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Thanks goldie for your reply. I do agree with you that NHC is more refined than accent. Do you have any idea of what the FE is for NHC. I see all sorts of figures here on this site, someone says 12 - 13 in city with AC, and someone mentiones around 20.
In such situations just take the average of the bottom and high figures , you should safely get about 15kmpl average for a sedate drive.
Old 20th March 2007, 14:31   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Depends on the driving style - the NHC iDSI engine gives maximum mileage if you keep her between 2000-3000 rpm. And most of the torque is also available in this range. Most owners (in my office) who claim to be getting around 14-16 kmpl with AC in city, typically drive in this range. Others get from around 12-14 kmpl with AC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks