Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2007, 02:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Dont the CHevy guys still have that 1lac km/4yr deal?
Old 30th March 2007, 09:37   #17

Looks like it is between Corrolla and Optra

Looks like it is going to be between Corolla and Optra. and thanks for all the responses. Optra is something I never looked at, but looks like it has a decent following!

Will post the final purchase here..
thanks

Vivek
Old 30th March 2007, 11:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Cedia is an excellent car but do consider the fact that its a good VFM car because internationally its a generation old. Comfort is still excellent though and the car is more fun to drive. Basically its the same lancer on a new platform so you know what to expect. resale will be low(read lower than civic, slightly lower than corolla/octavia and similar to Optra but more than elantra). The car has excellent fuel economy though and the maintainence is on the lower side.

Optra has sufficient street cred and also an excellent backseat inline with some D-segmenters. Comes with lots of kit in the top-end version. maintainence is on the higherside and FE on the lower side. A bonus though is the service holiday scheme which GM occassionally has on offer. 1.6 as suggested by many maybe the option if you are not going to drive it but I would still suggest 1.8. Rule out the AT as its an outdated technology and FE drops more than marginally.

better take your wife along for a test-drive and also check if the dealer is reputable. See whether she wants the features offered on either cars and the difference that works out in price of the car and the spares.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 30th March 2007 at 11:35.
Old 30th March 2007, 12:02   #19
BHPian

You could consider the Hyundai Elantra also. It might have the elegance value of Optra and the CRDI engine is a gem.
Old 30th March 2007, 12:36   #20
BHPian

the opel days are gone ... GM offers fantastic warranties ... the Optra is quite inherently reliable ... given this i wouldn't indulge too much in the old memeory of high maintanance ... in the long run it will be quite reasonable
Old 30th March 2007, 13:53   #21

I just paid advance for a used Corolla H5, Nov 2005, 7000 km, for 8.25L. Was tempted to go for an Optra, but drop in resale value bothered me. Could not find a good used Optra, which would have been a very good deal though.

Thanks for all your support in helping me choose..

Vivek
Old 30th March 2007, 15:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

I will not comment on your choice of car. But if resale was really the question, I don't know if a used Corolla was the right option. In any case, enjoy the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks