Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2007, 02:32   #1

Petra in Bangalore

Hi -

New to the forums here. Looking to get some solid advice from everyone

Anyway, I just moved to Bangalore and am looking at a long daily commute to Electronic City, plus also factor in potential delays, bumper-to-bumper traffic, etc etc.

Test drove the Petra diesel in Delhi about a year or so ago. Really got to spend some time with it on the highway and loved the feel of the car. The interiors weren't up to par, but the car itself was a joy to drive.

Now I'm trying to source a Petra-D in B'lore but apparently the only Fiat cars on sale everywhere are either the Palio Stile or the Adventure.

Would really appreciate it if someone can help me out with identifying a dealer that still stocks the Petra-D.

Thanks a ton. Might have some more questions for you guys otherwise as well, so here's another thanks in advance for your help / advice.

Cheers...

PC
Old 23rd April 2007, 08:28   #2
BHPian

You can Try at Green Tracks javali Motors, Hosur Road( near Silk board Junction).
Yo can call them at 41206366,76,77
Old 23rd April 2007, 08:50   #3
BHPian

The best bet is the Concorde showroom, Opposite to Christ college at Dairy Circle but I am sure the Petra's are gone
Old 23rd April 2007, 09:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

If you are still keen on the Petra-D, you will have to move fast. I think time is running out. Otherwise there are tonnes of other options as well - the Indigo series come to mind. And if you don't mind a hatch, the Swift VDi is a good bet as well.
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:47   #5
BANNED

Petra has been stopped from production.
My opinion is to run fast to the nearest dealer to check if they have any excess stock left.

Why don't you consider some newer options?
Old 23rd April 2007, 16:53   #6

Kinda disappointed as I really liked the Petra - doesn't seem to be in stock anymore.

Would love some advice from you guys.

I enjoy driving a good car but I'm also forced to be frugal at the moment as I just bought an apartment and am making those bloody EMI payments right now which are tearing holes in my salary every month.

These are the other cars I'm looking at. Can you folks let me know which car would offer the best combination of the "X" factor, value, economy, etc.

a) Ford Fusion - recent drop in price makes it an attractive proposition. Not sure about economy, etc but not really expecting it, I guess

b) Honda City - love this car. On-road price is a bit steep but I've heard economy is great and maint. costs are decent as well

c) Renault Logan - drove this the other day. Not crazy abt the interiors at all, but the car handled decently

d) Hyundai Accent - only one variant is available. I test drove this as well, and found it to be quite decent

Alrighty then - please let me know what you guys think. Please feel free to speak your mind regarding my choices, and also post alternatives you feel I should look at.

Thanks again...

P
Old 23rd April 2007, 17:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

You are new to bangalore and probably you dont know how hosur road behaves in office timings...if u r buying the car for city usage then i suggest buy a hatchback, a Swift-D can be a nice choice !!!
It can be great in the highways as well....

And if u r using it for highway mostly then i suggest NHC from ur choices, u can also look at Fiesta-D, Verna-D, Indigo-D etc...

Bottomline is analyse ur usage and then decide...At your budget u will have quite a few options...

Abhi
Old 23rd April 2007, 20:14   #8
BHPian

Why isnt a Fiesta 1.4 TDCi nor a Verna CRDi not in your list?

In the bumper to bumper Bengaluru traffic, the most practical choice would be the Fiesta 1.4 TDCi EXi while my heart would beat for the 110bhp Verna CRDi.
Old 23rd April 2007, 21:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you go for the Swift-VDi. But it has a long waiting period. Of the four cars that you suggested, I think you have to expand your list. Test the Indigo as well.
Old 23rd April 2007, 23:58   #10
BHPian

Dear friends,

I had taken the decision to buy a petra(1.6) on oct 2006. No fiat dealer was offering petra at that time in kerala. Already tvs got terminated and tata had taken charge. So i rang every fiat dealer in south india and maharashtra but all in vain.

So i dont think you will be able to procure one. Neither they will launch it again.
Old 24th April 2007, 09:15   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
I would suggest you go for the Swift-VDi. But it has a long waiting period. Of the four cars that you suggested, I think you have to expand your list. Test the Indigo as well.

In Bangalore, Swift VDi has a waiting period of 6 months.
A hatch would be a good option. If you really like the Petra and the way it handled....

Why dont you also look at Palio 1.6 sport? PM me if you need more information...

Hyundai Accent Viva -- 1.6 DOHC is a good option (Approach the dealer at the end of month and you could crack a good deal)

If you intend to keep the car for a long time and you are graceful driver, Honda City ZX can be a viable option. The running cost and cover its steep price.

Also, wait a little longer, Baleno SX4 or Toyota Yaris or Passat could be round the corner...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks