Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which sub-4m sedan would you choose?
Honda Amaze 102 52.04%
Maruti Dzire 19 9.69%
Hyundai Aura 12 6.12%
Ford Aspire 38 19.39%
Tata Tigor 22 11.22%
Other (Please specify in your post) 3 1.53%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2022, 10:39   #31
y2k
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Jazz overall is marginally a level up on the cars that you have mentioned. Be it the build quality or the refinement. It also has got 4 stars in the GNCAP ratings!
The 4 stars statement got me looking up on Google and came across an article by Acko where it mentions 20 Indian cars tested for GNCAP. Amongst those are Renaults Triber which when compared to Amaze seems to be a slight compromise from wheel size to Engine. Given how the car manufacturers use the same base structure for their cars I will be surprised to not have the Amaze match up to the standards of Jazz y that logic and even though everywhere I lookup I see that Amaze has 4 stars in GNAP I am not sure whether the Indian version was actually tested or not and the same for Jazz. Somehow the insides insights are not available or maybe I don't know the right websites outside of TeamBHP.
Do you have any idea why Amaze is also said to have 4 stars and whether Jazz Indian version was tested for sure. When I followed a certain link it mentioned about Africa specifically which gave me the impression that the rating wasn't for/in India.

On a side note, I was looking at City 4th gen but it doesn't has automatic. 5th gen seems to double the EMI per month compared to these models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
When it comes to the automatic part, the Amaze with its CVT is a better buy than the other two with their AMTs. Though if you go for the VX, you will have to stretch your budget by 1L or so.

When it comes to safety, only the Swift has been tested by GNCAP and it scored a measly 2 star. Since the Baleno shares its platform with the Swift, I am not expecting much difference. The Amaze(which is sold in India) hasn't been tested by GNCAP either. Thus, it is not possible to decipher a winner here though I do feel that the Amaze will fare the best in such a test.

As far as space is concerned, the Baleno is the most spacious but the Dzire and the Amaze aren't bad at all when it comes to space. It's up to you how much the extra space in Baleno matters to you.

Overall, my suggestion would be the Amaze for its CVT gearbox.

Other options are the Hyundai Aura and the i20. The Aura also gets an AMT and thus, my suggestion would be the Amaze. However, no harm in checking it out. The i20 Sportz IVT is definitely worth considering. Yes, you will loose out on some features in the Sportz variant when compared to the top end Baleno and the Dzire but on its own, it is well equipped and the CVT gearbox is a big plus over the AMTs. The cabin also feels the most premium out of all the cars.

Overall, i20>Amaze>Glanza>Baleno>Dzire>Aura.
How is that everywhere I search Amaze is shown as a 4 star rating? Is it for the versions sold elsewhere? When most articles and popular websites skip on that important detail it scares me to think how immature our market is and for a first time non-expert consumer like me it is such a confusing land mine to navigate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Jazz overall is marginally a level up on the cars that you have mentioned. Be it the build quality or the refinement. It also has got 4 stars in the GNCAP ratings!
A question to both of you and anybody else interested in answering
How does the following compare to Baleno, Amaze and Jazz?
  1. Mahindra XUV300
  2. Renault Triber/Kiger
  3. Hyundai Aura

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th October 2022 at 10:47. Reason: back to back posts
Old 19th November 2022, 16:56   #32
BHPian

Honda Amaze/Jazz VS Altroz? Help me decide

I am looking for my 2nd car, my ownership is with a Wagon R 2017 AMT and I intend to continue that for atleast one more year.

Now I am looking for a new car, which will primarily be used by my wife and sometimes by me. The running distance is between 13 to 20Km everyday, once in a while (may be two weekends a month) riding of about 40Km on a single day. The car hits the highway running nearly 300Km once in 3 months.

I am looking for an automatic - prefer a CVT or DCT, petrol engine, decent ground clearance in this segment considering the big potholes/humps of namma Bengaluru. My budget is stretched to max of 12.5L, anything around 11 L will be better.

My Wagon R does not have Airbags/LED headlights/Childseats, I would like to have these with a Seat to accomidate my 4yr old safely. This time I want to buy a care with decent safety features and rating. I also want some rear seat comfort with easy ingress/exit from these seats for my senior citiizen parents/in-laws. Also, being obsessed seeing mirrors during driving, I will prefer a larger rear glass/view from the IVRM.

We have done a couple of test drives and heres the experience:
Glanza: Smooth AMT, small view in the IRVM due to inclination of the rear glass. Love the 360 deg camera. Not keen on buying an AMT again although it feels smooth.

Honda: I like their warranty policy and I should say, it was the first showroom where the SA made us feel like a customer. Their SA have been professional until now - better than everyone else. My worst experience on this is from the TATA guys.
My wife likes the Amaze CVT petrol - however it does not come with a cruise control and I am unhappy with the absence of rear AC vent, split seat. The front part of the car (upto A pillar) feels very lengthy. However, from what I heard about ASS by Honda, I am still thinking of buying this machine. The other good thing is it is 4 star. This will cost me 11.5L
I liked the Honda Jazz CVT, especially the more roomy interiors, however, lack of ISOFIX child seat - is making me have second thoughts. Also, the SA told modifcations are difficult, I wanted the LEDs of ZX but without the Sunroof. The VX costs 12 L.

TATA Altroz: Transmission is smooth, liked the interiors - around the driver. Though its scratch prone (from forum posts). I feel its priced higher, however comes with decent features - looking at the ZXA variant with on road price of 11.9L . However, as compared to Honda felt rear seats are uncomfortable and space is less - the seat material does not seem very good to me - am I getting something grossly wrong here - I request owners to correct me on this. The rear view again is less here, however, it gets all safety features, child seat etc. The other main worry here is ASS - I stay near BSK 3rd stage, Bengaluru. How good is their service in Mysuru road?

Tried a i20 test drive, was smooth - however feels pricey and not sure of build quality as compared to TATA

Please suggest which Car I should buy, comments are welcome
Old 19th November 2022, 17:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze/Jazz VS Altroz? Help me decide

Go for the Amaze CVT eyes closed rear AC vents are just not required half the time especially in small cars if the rear passengers are complaining about feeling too hot then there's probably something wrong with your car's aircon and not because it lacks rear vents. I mean do all the chairs in your living room sofa set get individual aircon vents or doesn't the AC work well wherever it is placed in the room Also cruise control is only something that gets used on well built highways with predictable flow of traffic and usually only when there's a larger motor that requires minimal throttle input to cruise at high speeds which is when CC becomes useful. Split seats are great for practicality but that's what the WagonR is there for I guess. The Amaze really drives head and shoulders above the competition in its class. It is so much more refined, more reliable and best of all, the gearbox is civilized unlike most other automatics that seem to have a mind of their own on occasion.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2022, 07:40   #34
BHPian

Re: 2021 Honda Amaze vs Maruti Dzire vs Hyundai Aura vs others

Thanks for the reply, IshaanIan
The Honda SA told me Amaze is a lighter car and thereby will give a better pickup than the Jazz. However, is it not true that a heavier car is better in terms of safety? When it comes to the Jazz, How do i fix a safety seat for my child - any options for that? I travel in narrow roads of the city on a day to day basis, hence, having second thoughts on amaze, as the distance from front to A pillar is quite a bit - in comparison to the other cars on my list.

I request you guys to comment on the rear seat comfort of Altroz as well.

PS: I have request, if moderators could create a new thread for my post, as the cars I am comparing include Altroz, Amaze, Jazz, i20, Glanza - only the amaze is like a Sedan in my list.
Old 21st November 2022, 08:33   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpnpmr View Post
Thanks for the reply, IshaanIan
The Honda SA told me Amaze is a lighter car and thereby will give a better pickup than the Jazz. However, is it not true that a heavier car is better in terms of safety?
Not sure which is safer but the Amaze definitely brings out the best of their 1.2 liter iVtec motor. Never been so impressed by the motor in its previous applications like in the Brio or Jazz or even older Amaze but for some reason it feels better in the current Amaze. Also I was just checking, they do have isofix in the Amaze honestly if an automatic is desired, I have been recommending the Amaze left right and center to everyone that asks because it is just a solid package and one of the few value for money cars in my eyes under 30 lacs (the Tiago JTP and the now discontinued S-Cross were the other two).
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 17:28   #36
BHPian

Thanks for the reply.
I'm still confused between Altroz and Amaze

I drive regularly in very narrow roads, the distance from A Pillar to the front of bonnet is significant in Amaze. How much does this cause issues with turning in narrow roads?

How good is ASS of Altroz in South Bengaluru?

I request members to reply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks