Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:06   #1
BHPian

Aveo 1.4 base@6.02L or SX4 VXi@6.75L ??

Hello,

I've booked an Aveo 1.4 base for 6.02L delhi, but many people are telling me to reconsider the same. Aveo is exceptionally high on VFM factor w.r.t. Fiesta n verna.

SX4 Vxi and Aveo 1.4 base model are having almost the same features.
The price for aveo is lesser by Rs 73,000(due to corporate n other discounts)

I like the looks of Aveo more than SX4(may also go for Aveo finally)
but for pickup and power, obviously SX4 is better.

which one would you advise?

(I can get the booking of aveo cancelled also)

My Req:
road presence, mileage, comfort, a.s.s, seating of atleast 4., resale(only after 6 yrs)
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Aveo is a good vehicle but its sad that it hasnt caught up on the sales. I personally like this vehicle on all aspects and as per you req, but it will definitely have a low resale value, provided it picks up the market soon enough.
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:33   #3
BHPian

since 'performance' is not one of your criteria, the aveo would score on most other aspects except for a.s.s and resale.
Old 22nd May 2007, 12:36   #4
BHPian

just forgot to mention performance..

my req:
road presence, mileage, performance, comfort, a.s.s., eating of atleast 4., resale(only after 6 yrs)

Is SX4 worth extra Rs75,000for its 1.6 engine?
Old 22nd May 2007, 13:02   #5
BHPian

Confused....

Dear Sir,

You got confused happens even i was confused with having many views coming in but finally i was able to decide..

My experience on this is that once you are clear on what you want from your car then it is really easier for you in terms of selection

Certainly mileage, looks and VFM aveo takes the lead...

A. S . S and resale SX4 takes lead

But pls keep this in mind both are different engine vehicle 1.4 aveo and SX is 1.6 hence u have to keep expectations accordingly

My personal View: Aveo will be doing good in your requirement bracket plus you have to see the Pricing also as in Value for product. less then SX4 base model price you can get fully loaded Aveo LS.

LS Aveo is having lot of features which makes it real VFM car. Over to you sir !!
Old 22nd May 2007, 15:43   #6
BHPian

I would only go for Aveo 1.4 base then with colord door handles/mirrors..
quite a price diff b/w base n LS for features it provide.

As far as road presence is concerned, aveo looks great in blazing red.. but my parents are against red :(.. not much colors to choose from then

between any news on mileage of SX4? n does it score high on fun-to-drive factor?
Old 22nd May 2007, 19:34   #7
BHPian

mileage

mileage i have not heard much on it but 9 to 10 in city with AC on is expected remember it is 1.6 engine ... however factual data i am not sure

Blazing read is nice color in aveo, tommorw i am getting it...

you said base is VFM, but i would say if over all if you calculate with difference point in ls and base you will see extra money u paying for ls is really worth but why i am saying this is becoz i got better deal on LS version then base so that makes it VFM

there is a good list of difference in ls and base not sure if u compared that will other vehicles also
Old 24th May 2007, 10:38   #8
BHPian

what all extra I get in LS..?
I only knw of silver finish dashboard, B-pillar strip, body colored handles n mirrors(which m already getting), stereo n 4 speakers, height adjustable seat n fog lamps.

cant afford to extend my budget for these accesories.. really a tough situation. also i want a stereo with an ipod connection.

seems If I go for Aveo, it would be black. (always wanted a red but
my parents are opposed it)

regarding SX4, my parents are ready to put in some money.. if it is a better car.
Old 27th May 2007, 12:18   #9
BHPian

took a test drive of SX4 yesterday.. liked the car for its ride n handling, performance n side looks.

Aveo scores over SX4 in overall looks, interiors, comfort, VFM factor.

Now I'm more confused.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks