Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2007, 13:06   #1
asn

Help Needed

Hi,

I have decided to go for a sedan . My Budget is max of upto 9L.

The Cars that i hv short listed are Honda City GXI and Hundai Verna XXI (ABS) . I plan to use this car basically to commute to Office hence it will used mostly within city and occasionally out of city. I want to use this car for a long term.

Pls help in zeroing on one of them.

I am looking for the one that can give me more milage, better ground clearance, comfortable seating for upto 6 people. Good leg room at the rear seats, good luggage space, good shocks.

Also suggest any other cars that are better than the ones i hv shorlisted and within my budget.

Ash.
Old 3rd July 2007, 13:24   #2
Team-BHP Support

for 6 people i dont think a sedan will do. youll have to get an innova or a safari.

but if its for 5 also look at the sx4 zxi. i think you might also get an optra or a cedia in that range.
Old 3rd July 2007, 13:28   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asn View Post
Hi,

I have decided to go for a sedan . My Budget is max of upto 9L.
I am looking for the one that can give me more milage, better ground clearance, comfortable seating for upto 6 people. Good leg room at the rear seats, good luggage space, good shocks.
for 9 lacs you could go in for the base model corolla or the NHC gxi or even the sx4

but your requirement to seat 6 people in comfort in a sedan is not possible i would suggest you look at some suv or muv

i would suggest you go in for innova
all your requirement would be fulfilled the FE is good the rear leg space is good the GC is good and luggage carrying capacity is also good

and you can seat 8 or 7 people in comfort depending on the configuration you choose

you could look at the tavera and the safari to
Old 3rd July 2007, 13:35   #4
BHPian

First choice is base model corolla second SX4 and Or if you cant wait and see what honda is offering as add ons if any in there NHC after launch of Sx4
Old 3rd July 2007, 13:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Ash.

All this points towards the Innova. Go for it. Dont spend 9L and then cramp everyone into a sedan. The innova though looks big is easy to drive just as a sedan. Except in cramped parking situations, you wont feel that you are driving a MUV.
Old 3rd July 2007, 14:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

I don't think you can get the Corolla for 9L on-road in Bangalore. However, my suggestion too would be either the Innova or the SX4 considering your requirements.
Old 3rd July 2007, 15:08   #7
asn

HI,

I don't want to go for a SUV as mostly i would be using it alone to commute to office , it will be ocassionaly used for family outings.

Ash.
Old 3rd July 2007, 15:16   #8
BHPian

Best bet is the SX4 ZXi if you have the patience to wait for a month or two..The SX4 ZXi has a lot to offer than the NHC GXi variant or the Verna XXi and costs close to 8.1L on road Bangalore..

However none of the sedans can seat 6 people....
So you can look at the Tata Safari Dicor which can seat 7 and will fit very well in your budget..
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:21   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
HI,

I don't want to go for a SUV as mostly i would be using it alone to commute to office , it will be ocassionaly used for family outings.

Ash.
i think you should go for an innova g4 diesel. the mileage in city isnt bad and its just like a car to drive. i suggest you take a td of it?

otherwise id say the optra or cedia.
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

For good FE, handling, 5 people, reliability, image its NHC but it has poor GC especially for Bangalore roads. Remember upgraded NHC is aorund corner.

After NHC best option is Aveo 1.4 it has got good ground clearance, very good ride, can seat 5 people, very good looks (my view), great package(unmatched warranty), GM service is good in bangalore, bargain ahrd they will give you good discounts. You can choose Aveo 1.6 also If you like.

SX4 is not right choice for you because its 4 seator Sedan, 5 adults can't seat at all.

I suggest Innova Diesel as well it can carry 7 people with comfort, nothing can beat this car. But you might have to stretch your budget. G1 Innova D in bangalore its 9+ lacs i think, G4 is 10+ lacs, V spec is nearly 13lacs all on road prices in Bangalore.

If you can live with Petrol Innova FE (between 7 and 11kmpl) think about it since you are going to use it for long term, If you want to sell it you will find it very difficult as no takers.

I have seen few guys selling Petrol Innova's in Bangalore because they arerelocating If you are interested in buying PRe owned Innovas let me know I can try helping you.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 3rd July 2007 at 20:15. Reason: Thank you Edited saying I mean on road prices for Innova
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:08   #11
Team-BHP Support

the g4d 7 seater is under 9 lakhs ex-showroom.
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:48   #12
BHPian

Why not other SUV like scorpio or Sumo
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:04   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Why not other SUV like scorpio or Sumo
sumo?? the innova is better than the scorpio in refinement, handling, cruising. the only place where the scorpio scores are in the looks department.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:09   #14
Team-BHP Support

Another guy to say SX4 ZXi.

However, seating for 6 people? better get an innova/ Scorpio/ safari.
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:14   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the g4d 7 seater is under 9 lakhs ex-showroom.
OTR and things change quite a lot the G1 version itself is 9 lakhs.

Edit:
This is not a suggestion,but when you said sedan to seat six the car which instantly came to my mind was the good old amby[the non-bucket seat one],wonder if that option is still available since all the new amby's I have seen come with single seats in the front.

But yes right now no car would be able to seat six people in comfort and you need to look at either an muv/suv if seating capacity is a very important factor.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 3rd July 2007 at 21:27.

Most Viewed