Team-BHP - 2nd Hand Skoda RS Edit: Now bought.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   2nd Hand Skoda RS Edit: Now bought. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/26396-2nd-hand-skoda-rs-edit-now-bought.html)

Hi All

I have been on the look out for a decent 2nd Hand RS , finally came across one and needed adv from Skoda owners , details of car below

Color - Silver
Done - 8879 Kms
Model - Dec'06 (Regd Jan 07)
Regd - MH04 ( company registered)
Interiors - All black ( Leather)
Tyres - Michelin Preceda
Warranty - Valid until dec 09 ( Can somebody clarify that ? is there a three year warranty on the rs ? )
Insurance - valid until dec'08

The car has been serviced once at 7000 Kms ( Approx ) next service due at 15000 kms ( I think )

The front left door seems to have been painted , besides that with the little knowledge that I have the car looks clean, though I do plan to have it checked out by a professional.

Need to know if ..

Asking Price of 10.60 lacs is reasonable ?
Any other suggestions on what I should be on the look out for while inspecting the car and RS in particular would be welcome.

Thanks

(mods not sure if posted in the correct thread pls move as appropriate)

see if the repaint causes any mismatch in paint
ask the owner where was the door repainted .
If thats an authorized woorkshop, go to the workshop to inquire the job done and was anything seriously damaged.
U can know this if any parts have been replaced or something
check for any any insurance claims
ask the owner reason for repaint.
make sure if the car was banged or scrapped, theres no damage to any suspension bits/ alloys, etc.

Someone on the forum bought a 5000 km done GJ reg RS for about 9.5.
See if you can get it for close to 10 since its a Thane reg car.

If u plan to reg the car in Pune, make sure to account the other costs involved if any.

Why is the owner selling a less than a year old car ? See if he has a good enough reason for the same. The left door repainting sounds fishy. check the insurance for any claims made. Get a copy of the insurance & visit the insurance company.

Standard reply is the owner is upgrading , dont know to what in this case.I have asked for a copy of the insurance to check on claims made if any.
The car is being sold by signature skoda which is there 2nd hand car division, dont know if that helps ..

It is a fuel guzzler, I assume you would already know that, Just thought I'd mention it. My friend owns one and he swears by the car but very thirsty. :)

I think the price is allright considering it is not even a year old.

Regd jan 07?

Thats too new to be sold just like that. And like E_L pointed out, the repaint sounds fishy considering the immediate sale.

Please check the car details, and get one professional to check it.

Everything else considered , need inputs from the Bombay Boys on price pls ..Tks

Also the insurance is said to be valid till Dec 08. I dont see how that is possible, unless it is a typo.

Superavi

For a car thats only 7 months old, a 10 lac price seems alright. Though I have seen RS' (older models but pristine) go for 8 - 9 lacs.

Get the car professionally checked by a competent workshop. If its clean, the RS will keep you very very happy.

Tks for your inputs Guys , I was on my way to pay the advance this morning and I was told the car was sold yesterday .. damn , now I have to start looking again. :Frustrati

Chk if u r getting any warranty from Skoda dealer. Door painted for a less than a year car seems quite fishy. Whats the reason to go for a repaint???? just chk this

Give a call to autobahn, Mumbai. They have a couple of vRS's with them right now.

Called them a short while back they do have a white one ?? Did the rs ever come in white ?? Tks for your help..

No. It never did come in white. But, I've seen this car around. Looks clean. I think it is a factory repaint as the owner wanted a white RS! BUT, just make sure that it's not a crashed car, hence the repaint. Worth checking out as the price is decent too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchimni (Post 501198)
Interiors - All black ( Leather)

All black. I thought the RS came with a black - silver combo. Atleast mine did (in August 04).

RSs came in 4 colours. Red, Yellow, Silver and Black. Right? I wanted a Blue one and Autobahn refused to re-paint it.