Team-BHP - Urgent advice required on Pre-owned Ford Ikon
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Urgent advice required on Pre-owned Ford Ikon (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/26531-urgent-advice-required-pre-owned-ford-ikon-2.html)

Thanks folks for all your responses and suggestions... After much thought and discussions, i decided to book this vehicle. Will take possession in a week's time or so...on a good day.

Will keep you all posted with pics and stuff... :)

Congratulations Jaison, Drive her well..!

@ esteem lover any particular reason why only the advise of the 5 above you, I guess there were 7...:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaison1380 (Post 507341)
Thanks folks for all your responses and suggestions... After much thought and discussions, i decided to book this vehicle. Will take possession in a week's time or so...on a good day.

Will keep you all posted with pics and stuff... :)

Congrats man !! Welcome to the Ikon club. :)

I just hope that you have a better experience of owning it than I had.

Just one suggestion: No matter what price it comes for, please please buy extended iwarranty you will need it.

Eddy, is extended warranty available for the second owner? If what i know is right, it can be transferred from the first owner to the second, but i dont think the second owner can buy it directly.

Welcome to the club Jason.
Benny is right , please check with the Ford service station about the warranty .
I have heard a lot about the maintenance issues about the ford but in my past 2 years havent really faced any . Yes it is expensive if you compare it to a Maruti ,but then so is the case with any other car ..

Good decision and congratulations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 508565)
Eddy, is extended warranty available for the second owner? If what i know is right, it can be transferred from the first owner to the second, but i dont think the second owner can buy it directly.

I think he mentioned that additional 1 year warranty available at 15 K.

Quote:

OK.... So far so good. Now, the asking price is 2.9 L (After a lot of bargaining). They offer a 1 month drive-in for any issues noticed. A 1 year warranty can be bought at 15,000.
If this will be from may 08 to may 09, then it is absolutely worth buying it even though is sounds exorbitant. Even a small fault in the car will require minimum of this expenditure so better cover it.

Congrats on booking the car.
Don’t believe all that you read on here, as some of the guys who have posted the stuff have never even walked into a Ford show room, and probably would know even less about the cost of spares.
My brother owns a 2004 Icon, I own a 2006 Fiesta and had the A.S.S been bad, do you think I would have booked a Fiesta?
Seadans are usually slightly expensive to maintain, but certainly not what the guys on here would like you to believe.
Not only does Ford make cars which are fun to drive, but if you speak to most of the Ford owners they would be proud as hell to own the Blue Oval.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 508612)
I think he mentioned that additional 1 year warranty available at 15 K.

My mistake. Didnt remember that part, owing to non-continuity. Was away from the forum for 3 days, and so lost track. ;)

Jaison, makes sense to purchase the Extended Warranty. Go for it.

the ikon is a nice car to drive. i had a ikon diesel earlier. i have had some problems with it too.

pros:
1.good to drive.
2.comfortable front seats (rear seats not as comfortable though).
3.decent fuel economy if not great.
4.second hand car being value for money.

cons:
1.spare part prices are on the higher side (although you can get duplicate parts for very less money).
2.reliability is an issue (i sold my ikon diesel because the engine had screwed up).
3.quality of ford service is debatable.
4.poor resale value.

Hi all,

Thanks for your advice and suggestions...keep them coming in :) Am yet to pick up the car. My wife's been unwell for some time, so have been shuttling between the hospital and office.. I'll probably have some queries on delivery of the car.Will pen in my thoughts over the weekend.

Take care !!

Ikon ufff I am glad I got rid of that till the resale value of that car was good.

one thing which I have noticed is that the car's wiring harness has something to do with the rats. In my building there were other cars parked and the rats wud only get in to the engine room of my car and eat up the wiring.
I sold it got a Zen and am happy ripping it I do not think of repairing I only replace (now thats maruti cheap spares) where as in the Ikon you would have had to think.

From my experiance do not go for it!!! even if somebody gives it free.